Helle everyone,

I just installed the 10.3.1.2267 leak on my Q5 via an autoloader and everything is awesome, except that I lost Flash from the web browser. And I would like to try something to get it again.

I'm discovering a bit Sachesi, and I was wondering if doing the following would be possible with it :
    - Being in 10.2.1, I backup the Web Browser with Sachesi,
    - I update to 10.3.1
    - I restore the app on my new OS, overwriting the new Web Browser app.

I would have the 10.3.1 OS, but the 10.2 web browser, with flash.

Is this possible ? Did anyone try this ? Would it work to have 10.3.1 OS and Flash into the web browser ?
    02-16-15 09:32 AM
    If you still have the autoloader for the previous version, extract the browser app or apps and load them on your device and see if it works. If not then you can always reinstall the apps from the current files after extracting from the autoloader.
    02-16-15 09:46 AM
    except that I lost Flash from the web browser. And I would like to try something to get it again.

Is this possible ? Did anyone try this ? Would it work to have 10.3.1 OS and Flash into the web browser ?
    As told, flash no longer works in 10.3.1.1154^ (??) . Have a look at this thread for options.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...1154-a-985306/
    02-16-15 09:46 AM
    Well the autoloader for 10.2.1 is still available on the internet, so I'm downloading it and I'll try this. I'll also see if there is anything which could be related to flash in the autoloader (maybe it's not in the browser package, but on side of if...)
    I will post here the results of my little experiment ^^
    02-16-15 11:30 AM
    Helle everyone,

I just installed the 10.3.1.2267 leak on my Q5 via an autoloader and everything is awesome, except that I lost Flash from the web browser. And I would like to try something to get it again.

I'm discovering a bit Sachesi, and I was wondering if doing the following would be possible with it :
    - Being in 10.2.1, I backup the Web Browser with Sachesi,
    - I update to 10.3.1
    - I restore the app on my new OS, overwriting the new Web Browser app.

I would have the 10.3.1 OS, but the 10.2 web browser, with flash.

You can put in the 10.2 browser but it won't do anything.

Flash is built into the OS not the browser, replacing the browser application will have no use.

It will act like a slower version of the 10.3.1 browser.

 BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion 
    Ealaionta likes this.
    02-16-15 12:30 PM
    As mentioned above, I tried this and it didn't work for Flash but the browser app itself does change if you swap the browser.bar using sachesi.

Doing this helped me deal with a couple of issues I didn't like about the new browser :
    - the link menu opens fully in 10.3 and above when you hold a link which can be a little slower or annoying, flowise, than 10.2
    - the 10.3 browser was responsible for my first crash ever on BB10 because I tried to open a video. It may have been fixed now...

If you prefer the 10.2 browser for such reasons as these, it's a viable option.

As for Flash, I followed the advice of other CB members and found satisfaction in Dolphin browser.
    02-16-15 12:53 PM
    Hello, thanks for the replies !

I just tried to install the 10.2 web browser, and as you said, it didn't bring Flash back.
    I know about Dolphin Browser, I tried it and it worked. Yes, I have Flash through it, but the whole web browsing is SO SLOW.
    But as I'm here, why wouldn't I try to put some other BAR files back ? I'll play the little sorcerer !
    But again, thanks for the advices, i guess I wanted to see it by my own.
    02-16-15 01:52 PM
    Hello, thanks for the replies !

I just tried to install the 10.2 web browser, and as you said, it didn't bring Flash back.
    I know about Dolphin Browser, I tried it and it worked. Yes, I have Flash through it, but the whole web browsing is SO SLOW.
    But as I'm here, why wouldn't I try to put some other BAR files back ? I'll play the little sorcerer !
    But again, thanks for the advices, i guess I wanted to see it by my own.
    Dude Flash is in the Core OS, the Core OS mainly includes the OS.

You can change the core but what you'll basically be doing is downgrading.

You won't even be in 10.3.1 anymore.

You'd be back in 10.2.1

02-16-15 01:55 PM
    Changing your Core OS might also cause some errors and glitches because under the hood the softwares are extremely different.

02-16-15 01:55 PM
    So everyone is sure that Flash is in the Core OS... I think it's weird to put something like this in the Core OS but, there, if BlackBerry did it so, I would just stop the searches here.
    Last try : there is some kind of "unpacking" BAR files (simply with 7-Zip, so if, somehow, I unpack the Core file from 10.2, I take the "flash" part, and I insert it into the Core 10.3.1, would it work ? (The question "is it worth it" is a completely different debate)
    02-16-15 03:00 PM
    Thread title edited and thread moved to BB10 Leaked/Beta OS Forum.
    02-16-15 05:34 PM
    So everyone is sure that Flash is in the Core OS... I think it's weird to put something like this in the Core OS but, there, if BlackBerry did it so, I would just stop the searches here.
    Last try : there is some kind of "unpacking" BAR files (simply with 7-Zip, so if, somehow, I unpack the Core file from 10.2, I take the "flash" part, and I insert it into the Core 10.3.1, would it work ? (The question "is it worth it" is a completely different debate)
    No.

You cannot re-sign the component you have modified without BlackBerry's signing key, and without doing that the phone will not accept and load it.

I am unaware of anyone being able to trick the device in this regard, and many have tried (myself included) for other reasons. As far as I'm aware BlackBerry did the security model with regards to "chain of trust" correctly, which means attempts to do things like this will fail.
    Ealaionta and m3mb3rsh1p like this.
    02-16-15 05:43 PM
    Just give it up, its really not that important.

Since upgrading to 10.3.1 about 3 months ago I have not used a website that I could not run on my Z30.

Mobile flash is dead.
    You seriously don't need it.
    02-16-15 06:48 PM
    10.3.0 is your best bet if you "need" flash, it's in the os archive, as long as you don't have a classic then you should be fine.

Z30STA100-3/10.3.1.2267
    eyesopen1111 likes this.
    02-16-15 07:18 PM
    As far as I'm aware BlackBerry did the security model with regards to "chain of trust" correctly, which means attempts to do things like this will fail.
    Considering the current state of the software world where reliability, privacy and adherence to standards are ideals seldom respected, I take a breath of relief and assurance in appreciation of my BlackBerry. Even if it turns out to have a vulnerability accessible through some high end hack-fu, at least they try hard.
    02-16-15 09:41 PM
    I was screaming about flash up until 6 months ago. However, I do see that the "internet" has been slowly getting rid of it. Give it 1 more year and it will be hard to find active site that uses flash.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-15 05:33 AM
    Earlier versions of 10.3.1 had flash. You downgrade to one I guess

Posted via CB10
    02-17-15 06:25 AM
    Earlier versions of 10.3.1 had flash. You downgrade to one I guess
    This isn't accurate. All versions of 10.3.1.x no longer have Flash however Leaked versions of 10.3.0.x do.

Working WIDE on my T-Mobile  SQW100-1 Passport running Autoloaded 10.3.1.2267.
    02-17-15 06:28 AM
    Just give it up, its really not that important.

Since upgrading to 10.3.1 about 3 months ago I have not used a website that I could not run on my Z30.

Mobile flash is dead.
    You seriously don't need it.
    While you may not encounter it, many of us still do. I encounter it on a daily basis and it's beginning to drive me a little bit-a lot insane!

I can't watch simple videos like I used to, I can't use any of the interactive content that my professors had for some of the courses, etc.

It's a giant PITA if you know what I mean

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.2072
    02-17-15 07:37 AM
    While you may not encounter it, many of us still do. I encounter it on a daily basis and it's beginning to drive me a little bit-a lot insane!

I can't watch simple videos like I used to, I can't use any of the interactive content that my professors had for some of the courses, etc.

It's a giant PITA if you know what I mean

Yes but you can't do that on any device.

If it's really that important to you then downgrade back to 10.3.0

02-17-15 08:17 AM
    Hi photon browser works fine you can use flash

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2243
    02-17-15 08:18 AM
    Yes but you can't do that on any device.

If it's really that important to you then downgrade back to 10.3.0

Yes but just because these sites didn't work for other devices and now not ours either doesn't just all of the sudden make it 'OK', it still sucks..

02-17-15 10:47 AM
    Lets not start this topic again of bastardising BB on why flash is not there anymore.
    They made a solid decision regarding this.

If you want more active bantering on this, there are two dedicated threads to this already, lets not start another.
    02-17-15 10:53 AM
    Lets not start this topic again of bastardising BB on why flash is not there anymore.
    They made a solid decision regarding this.

If you want more active bantering on this, there are two dedicated threads to this already, lets not start another.
    Ahahah sounds good, weren't those threads closed though? :/

02-17-15 10:58 AM
    02-18-15 09:23 AM
40 12