I'm in need of using Hangouts on my BB Classic for work. I currently succeeded in downloading BB Google ID, Google Play Store, Google Account, Google Settings(Google Play Services) and Hangouts to my phone. My only issue is when I open Hangouts, it WILL NOT LET ME SIGN IN to use it. Says, "couldn't connect. try again". I think I'm in need of the Google Services Framework apk, but the link Cobalt posted a while back no longer works. Can anyone help me out?? I job would be a lot easier if I had this app working!!! I really don't want to buy a cheap Android just to use Hangouts! Thanks in advance!!
    05-01-15 01:37 PM
    Google Hangouts won't work. The Google Service Framework .apk is different.
    05-01-15 01:42 PM
    (google. Inc) apps won't work in BlackBerry.. like gmail,youtube,gmaps, gdrive like this..

My google map version -----> 9.7.1 works

My youtube version --------+> 5.3.32 works ( only search) no sign in

Posted via CB10
    05-01-15 01:52 PM
    If you like this youtube version then don't update it. Once you update it won't work..

Posted via CB10
    05-01-15 01:53 PM
    OP, check out HG10 in BB World.
    Umaima_B_Dia and Fool Guy like this.
    05-01-15 06:29 PM
    This ^. Works surprisingly well.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-15 06:31 PM
    This ^. Works surprisingly well.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. We're slowly, but surely, gaining on getting the most important Google services on BB 10.
    moody likes this.
    05-01-15 06:46 PM
    Agreed. We're slowly, but surely, gaining on getting the most important Google services on BB 10.
    I downloaded and tried it earlier. Main issues I had was, it wouldn't pull up all my contacts and wouldn't let me search for other contacts by email addy. Last issue I had, was it wouldn't pull up my current group convos I was having on the computer. What gives??

Posted on my New BlackBerry Classic
    05-01-15 11:31 PM
    I downloaded and tried it earlier. Main issues I had was, it wouldn't pull up all my contacts and wouldn't let me search for other contacts by email addy. Last issue I had, was it wouldn't pull up my current group convos I was having on the computer. What gives??

Posted on my New BlackBerry Classic
    It does not have the group chat feature.
    05-02-15 12:00 AM
    Thanks a lot for indicating a very useful App.
    Just installed.
    05-02-15 12:29 AM
    Great app thanks to HG10 developpers

Envoy de mon Passport en utilisant Tapatalk
    05-03-15 07:22 AM
    You do realize the nature of using a third part client is that you are handing your Google login credentials to this developer so he would login for you on his end to relay those messages to you right? I hope you have nothing important in that Google account, otherwise you have just given him your home's key.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-03-15 07:38 AM
    You do realize the nature of using a third part client is that you are handing your Google login credentials to this developer so he would login for you on his end to relay those messages to you right?
    Are we sure this is really how the app works, and not that it's just a "tunnel" of sorts that just transmits the login information without actually seeing the contents (user name and password) of it?
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    05-03-15 06:46 PM
    Are we sure this is really how the app works, and not that it's just a "tunnel" of sorts that just transmits the login information without actually seeing the contents (user name and password) of it?
    Someone is holding your login credentials, I really do not see how it makes a difference. It's the difference between giving robber your house's every key its address a and giving them keys, addresses and laying all the cash in the front door. Either way, it is the most insecure thing you can do.

05-04-15 01:34 AM
    Someone is holding your login credentials, I really do not see how it makes a difference. It's the difference between giving robber your house's every key its address a and giving them keys, addresses and laying all the cash in the front door. Either way, it is the most insecure thing you can do.

Here's the permissions as stated with the app. It's fine as far as I can see.

Can I get some help with Google Hangouts on my BB 10?-img_20150504_080417.png

When a dev doesn't give any information about permissions, that's when I may get suspicious. If we don't allow access to anything, we'd have very few apps available to us.

BTW, as you've posted via the Android CrackBerry app, you've granted permissions there. Same idea.
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    05-04-15 07:09 AM
    Someone is holding your login credentials
    And that could be the end destination (Google) if they are transmitted properly. Do we know for sure that at any point during the transmission the credentials can be viewed by the dev (or worse, susceptible to MITM attacks?)

The same question could be asked of a web browser. The MITM part could be asked of any app, really.
    05-04-15 08:53 AM