Good morning! I have a couple questions for heavy twitter users who also use the BlackBerry Passport or BB10. I don't mind the stock twitter app, and of course I've used Blaq and Twittly. The reason why I prefer the android port is that the names come up quickly when you're tagging someone. The stock and other apps store names in your phone which is nice for light users, but once you get a lot or followers or followings, it can take up to a minute to search those stored in your phone. I also prefer the new 'quote tweet' options available for android, and its overall feel. The new quote tweet option is really nice to have when I take part in twitter chats as well.

The problem is this: When I use the android version, it works well for about a day and then starts to slow down. After about 3 or 4 days, I have to uninstall it and start from the beginning. The android port is the up to date version from Amazon, which is the same version used in the Snap appstore. I've spoken to many people about this but it seems to be an issue for extremely heavy users. Is there something I can do to fix this? I prefer the Passport to other platforms because of its efficiency, but I also carry the Galaxy S6 for work purposes (social media). I'd love to ditch the S6 completely and just carry one device. I've been using BlackBerry devices for almost 10 years now.

I hope this makes sense and I haven't confused anyone, any help or advice would be great. Thank you in advance, have a safe day!
    @PCArsenault
    05-27-15 06:28 AM
    I happen to he a really heavy Twitter user, checking on it every now and again.

I actually use the stock app and I don't know about you, but when I mention someone and start typing their names, it just instantly predicts and pops up.

Posted via  Z30 STA100-2 | 10.3.1.2558
    I happen to he a really heavy Twitter user, checking on it every now and again.

I actually use the stock app and I don't know about you, but when I mention someone and start typing their names, it just instantly predicts and pops up.

OfficerRandall likes this.
    05-27-15 06:54 AM
    As a pretty big twitter user I find the stock app works fine for me.

Posted via CB10
    OfficerRandall likes this.
    05-27-15 07:45 AM
    Yeah I agree, the stock app isn't bad at all. Because the stock app uses contacts from the phone, once I started getting over 5,000 people it took a while to search the names. At the point I'm at now, it takes up to 60 seconds just to tag one person.
    I appreciate your responses. I wonder if there's a way of clearing the cache from the android app when it's installed on the Passport and if that would make a difference.
    Enjoy your day!
    05-27-15 08:04 AM
    Yeah I agree, the stock app isn't bad at all. Because the stock app uses contacts from the phone, once I started getting over 5,000 people it took a while to search the names. At the point I'm at now, it takes up to 60 seconds just to tag one person.
    I appreciate your responses. I wonder if there's a way of clearing the cache from the android app when it's installed on the Passport and if that would make a difference.
    Enjoy your day!
    Must be weird on your end. I follow 800 people and have 13,000 followers but tagging/mentioning people is instantaneous for me.

05-27-15 09:52 AM