as a future user of a blackberry q10 or classic, i have a couple of questions about software which will affect my purchase.
    first is; will you keep supporting and updating blackberry 10 devices, and for how long. what is the end of support date
    second is; i have read whatsapp's announcement of end of support for blackberry 10. will i be able to use whatsapp as an android application? installed with apk file? or will support fully end and bb10 devices will definetely stop supporting whatsapp
    07-08-16 09:56 AM
    You will not be able to use WhatsApp on BB10 after Dec 31 - neither the native or Android version (according to WhatsApp developer).

Only two minor security updates have been announced - 10.3.3 next month, and 10.3.4 next year.

The Android Runtime on BB10 is forever stuck on v4.3 Jellybean, and it does not officially support Google Play Services.

BB10 is still a solid choice for basic functions like phone, email, SMS, and BBM.
    You will not be able to use WhatsApp on BB10 after Dec 31 - neither the native or Android version (according to WhatsApp developer).

Only two minor security updates have been announced - 10.3.3 next month, and 10.3.4 next year.

The Android Runtime on BB10 is forever stuck on v4.3 Jellybean, and it does not officially support Google Play Services.

BB10 is still a solid choice for basic functions like phone, email, SMS, and BBM.
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    07-08-16 10:02 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.com. We have no connection to BlackBerry so we can't really speak for them. However we believe they will continue to update BB10 with bug fixes and security patches only at this point. I don't believe a EOL (or end of support) date has been published at this point. That being said both the Q10 and the Classic are no longer being made new at this point, so you would be buying used or from remaining stock.

Now Whatsapp is another story. While it will continue to work until the end of this year, we have been told by one of their developers that it WILL stop working on BlackBerry's (with the exception of any BB's that have full Android, example the Priv) after their stated end of support date. We were told the servers will block BB devices.
    07-08-16 10:07 AM
    Not even sure how much support BBM is going to receive on BB10....

OP, I would advise caution buying a product that is being phased out by the manufacturer and that really never was supported by 3rd parties all that much to begin with. Some will be able to use their Q10 or Classic for years to come, just not those looking for a full smartphone experience.

Take some time and feel free to ask any other questions....
    07-08-16 10:18 AM
    BlackBerry is killing the classic. Please move on and another phone because because BlackBerry Chen don't care what you or anyone will think. Look out for what is best for YOU. Chen should really have been dumped by the BOD long time

Posted via CB10
    07-08-16 11:01 AM
    BlackBerry is killing the classic. Please move on and another phone because because BlackBerry Chen don't care what you or anyone will think. Look out for what is best for YOU. Chen should really have been dumped by the BOD long time

Posted via CB10
    You have it backwards. People didn't care about BlackBerry.

Chen was hired to steer the company away from devices when BB10 tanked.
    07-08-16 11:02 AM
    It's effectively reached an 'end of support' point already from a customer POV. Future updates for inconsequential nonsense like NIAP certification only. Devices come preloaded with Amazon Appstore but having abandoned the Runtime, they are barely capable of running anything but the simplest and least demanding of Android apps.
    07-08-16 11:07 AM
    I saw a post couple of times ago saying that we can install a different version of whatsapp on BlackBerry 100. Anyone knows anything about this?

Posted via CB10
    07-09-16 04:00 PM
    You can check on this link. http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1079190

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2813
    07-09-16 06:30 PM

I HOPE this can work for you guys, HOWEVER, we have been told by a Whatsapp developer that Whatsapp we block BB10 and lower logins at the server level after end of support date, so do NOT count on this working.
    07-11-16 01:28 PM
    He never said that.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-16 03:04 PM
    Whatsapp will be blocking all BB10 devices after they stole BBM ideas

Posted via CB10
    07-13-16 07:27 PM
    I'm going to switch over to android from the native now in the hope it survives doomsday. Otherwise I'll have to convince a whole group chat of iphone users to get BBM just for me.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-16 11:15 PM
    We don't exactly know what will happen, lets wait and see, but truth be told, the writing IS on the wall for BB10, unfortunately.
    07-14-16 02:04 PM