Ok, I can clarify that statement a bit. I agree with you. Radio in itself is not evil. For communication (two-way, etc.) there is nothing wrong with it. But the content of some of the stations on the radio is evil. As far as there being some "good" radio stations, there no doubt is some truth on them, but there are definitely some warped concepts too. And if you listen to some stations, who is going to stop you from listening to any or all of them?
    That would be you. Just because it's there doesn't mean you're required to use it.
    ronfc and Taigatrommel like this.
    09-09-15 07:38 PM
    Ok, I can clarify that statement a bit. I agree with you. Radio in itself is not evil. For communication (two-way, etc.) there is nothing wrong with it. But the content of some of the stations on the radio is evil. As far as there being some "good" radio stations, there no doubt is some truth on them, but there are definitely some warped concepts too. And if you listen to some stations, who is going to stop you from listening to any or all of them?
    Who's going to stop you from browsing evil websites? Stop with the broken logic... use the music player as is.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    rthonpm and Taigatrommel like this.
    09-09-15 08:08 PM
    Who's going to stop you from browsing evil websites? Stop with the broken logic... use the music player as is.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    While I agree you with you (CrackBerry has plenty that from a religious standpoint could be construed as evil), we shouldn't be debating their reason.

OP, I totally respect your religious conviction. I don't think there's a simple solution based on modifying the OS. You could not use the FM radio (I forget it's even available, and I'm a huge music and talk radio listener), or purchase a phone without that option, such as the Z10, which I own too and love nearly as much as the Z30.
    ronfc likes this.
    09-09-15 09:05 PM
    Thanks everyone. I think that I got enough tips for now that I'm going to have to find time to try soon. Sachesi especially.
    Thanks again!
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    09-09-15 09:45 PM
    Thanks everyone. I think that I got enough tips for now that I'm going to have to find time to try soon. Sachesi especially.
    Thanks again!
    An update later would be greatly appreciated.
    09-09-15 10:10 PM
    While I agree you with you (CrackBerry has plenty that from a religious standpoint could be construed as evil), we shouldn't be debating their reason.

OP, I totally respect your religious conviction. I don't think there's a simple solution based on modifying the OS. You could not use the FM radio (I forget it's even available, and I'm a huge music and talk radio listener), or purchase a phone without that option, such as the Z10, which I own too and love nearly as much as the Z30.
    Now, who's saying the BigBadWulf is "bad" huh? He's actually good, Hehe..
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    09-11-15 04:44 PM
    Now, who's saying the BigBadWulf is "bad" huh? He's actually good, Hehe..
    09-11-15 11:07 PM
    Least evil I'd say?!
    Can I block core music app on Z30?-img_20150911_235656.png

BlackBerry� Passport
    09-11-15 11:57 PM
    Since there is no logic involved why don't you just imagine the fm radio doesn't exist? It doesn't really matter what the reality of the situation is as long as you believe hard enough you can create your own reality.

Posted via CB10
    curvezzz likes this.
    09-12-15 03:42 AM
    I downloaded Folder Player (Amazon) cause I wanted to have an option to play music I organized in folders and in that order as well. Never do I connect my bluetooth from anything, does it start my music player app. Only when I push the play button on my bluetooth will it open the stock music app but if I turn bluetooth on then open the Folder Player app then I can press play on the bluetooth device and that app plays.
    No problems here

Posted via CB10
    09-12-15 07:40 AM
    Well, I'm back again. It was easy enough to downgrade to the previous music player through Sachesi. It worked great, now if only there would be a way to let it update without bringing the radio back . . .

Maybe there are some bored BB10 staff developers around here. They could send me a file of the native player without the radio!
    09-12-15 06:21 PM
    Well, I'm back again. It was easy enough to downgrade to the previous music player through Sachesi. It worked great, now if only there would be a way to let it update without bringing the radio back . . .

Maybe there are some bored BB10 staff developers around here. They could send me a file of the native player without the radio!
    Just when I thought your beliefs couldn't get any more illogical you drop this little nugget indicating that you believe that there are still bb10 developers on staff. Lol

That's less likely than the radio's mere existence sending you to hell

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition
    curvezzz and BigBadWulf like this.
    09-12-15 08:02 PM
    Also I read on here somewhere that the fm tuner will not function without either mobile data or WiFi enabled and connected. Something to do with how it gets the channel listings. There was a thread about how incredibly stupid that was because pretty much the only time you would want fm radio is when you have no data services.
    Posted via CB10
    Misinformation that must be corrected :
    --no data needed.
    --no wifi needed.
    You simply turn on your network button so your phone can find out where you are and see the radio signals available in your area. You don't even have to leave it on for more than 10 seconds or so.

this works regardless of whether or not your phone is assigned to a carrier or has a sim card in it. its just a radio with an antenna (the speaker wire or headphone wire).

I love the convenience of a radio, i only use for the morning and evening news. And "Says You."
    09-12-15 11:31 PM
63 123