I think you're the only one that wants it removed so you're on your own. Plus you never told me why you certainly don't want it on your phone.
    It's a free world I guess. You asked why I don't want it on my device. The reason is a combination of religious convictions and of personal convictions. Because of the fact that it is partially religious convictions; I'm not nearly the only one who wants it removed. More correctly though, I might be the only one you have seen or known of that would like it removed. As far as being on my own, not nearly!

P.S.
    1 Thessalonians 5:22 (The Bible) says "Abstain from all appearance of evil". The radio surely doesn't fit into that picture.
    09-08-15 07:26 AM
    It's a free world I guess. You asked why I don't want it on my device. The reason is a combination of religious convictions and of personal convictions. Because of the fact that it is partially religious convictions; I'm not nearly the only one who wants it removed. More correctly though, I might be the only one you have seen or known of that would like it removed. As far as being on my own, not nearly!

P.S.
    1 Thessalonians 5:22 (The Bible) says "Abstain from all appearance of evil". The radio surely doesn't fit into that picture.
    I was actually hoping for some off the wall conspiracy theory, but religious reasons makes sense. Can't have religious folk listening to radios.

BBClassic10.3.2.2639-799Radio
    ssbtech likes this.
    09-08-15 08:57 AM

P.S.
    Unless you are old order Amish I am not aware of a restriction on the radio. Of course you are free to not want to listen if it concerns you. I usually stream on my z10 or listen to cm. Radio is really pretty boring these days.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    09-08-15 11:28 AM
    P.S.
    And the Internet does?
    Cynycl, rthonpm and curvezzz like this.
    09-08-15 12:02 PM

P.S.
    The web brower stays but the radio goes?

How is the radio more evil than a Web browser?

I'm genuinely curious.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-15 12:48 PM
    Hi everybody,

I'm getting a new Z30 and am wondering if it is possible to block core BB10 apps. I don't want the FM radio. As I understand it, one way, short of BES12, would be to block the core music app, and install a different one. I did some research on this, it seems like it might be possible; but I could not find much info on this.

If anybody has any leads on this would be nice.

Thanks a lot
    Not sure why u didn't try yet my solution to downgrade music player. Sachesi is very easy to use.
    09-08-15 12:59 PM
    The web brower stays but the radio goes?

How is the radio more evil than a Web browser?

I'm genuinely curious.

Posted via CB10
    Ever heard of internet filters? I bet he has one installed
    09-08-15 01:01 PM
    Is there one for BB10?

Posted via CB10
    09-08-15 01:14 PM
    It's interesting that the music player is not included in parental controls.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-15 01:24 PM
    Hi everybody,

I'm getting a new Z30 and am wondering if it is possible to block core BB10 apps. I don't want the FM radio. As I understand it, one way, short of BES12, would be to block the core music app, and install a different one. I did some research on this, it seems like it might be possible; but I could not find much info on this.

If anybody has any leads on this would be nice.

Thanks a lot
    The only solution to your problem right now is to buy a Blackberry Z10 and you won't have to worry about deleting or uninstalling the FM Radio.

Z30STA100-2/OS10.3.2.2639β
    09-08-15 01:45 PM
    How does that change anything? You can disengage a filter even if one existed for BB10.

You must actively engage and tune in an offending FM station, and apparently this is not adequate as the temptation to do so must be completely removed.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2639
    09-08-15 01:55 PM
    its possible to block browser in parental control & use a filtered browser
    09-08-15 04:13 PM
    Can't have a radio because of my religion.... but the Internet, cell phone, or other forms of wireless transmissions. A-OK! Logic.

Face palm...

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    09-08-15 04:20 PM
    its possible to block browser in parental control & use a filtered browser
    Right, the browser is off in Parental Controls, and the computer has a quality filter on it. You guessed it!
    09-08-15 07:36 PM
    Ok, a few of you have asked why I don't want the FM radio. Simply because of the fact that I don't listen to the radio at all, and certainly don't want it on my device. If there is anyone around here that could give me help on how to block/disable it - please just speak up, or send me a PM.

Thanks
    If you don't plug a headphone into the jack, you simply cannot use radio. The physically plugged in headphones are the antenna so without them you can't even turn it on in the music app, it will stay greyed out as an option. Your blocking of radio is built into the device as it is, even Bluetooth can't enable it. Religion problem solved. I do warn though, many Bluetooth headsets have radio tuners built in....

Posted via CB with my Passport to productivity
    09-08-15 09:49 PM
    This is the most illogical thread. Period.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition
    09-08-15 09:56 PM
    This is the most illogical thread. Period.

Oddly fascinating though.
    09-08-15 10:52 PM
    Oddly fascinating though.
    I agree with you there.

BigBadWulf likes this.
    09-08-15 11:11 PM
    OP, radio is not evil. Radio is still an important medium of information in emergencies, and also, there are some religious radio stations that plays religious songs and/or discussing Bible. I must say your definition of evil is wrong.

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    09-09-15 12:28 AM
    Uhhh..

I got nothing.
    D3C0D3R, rthonpm and curvezzz like this.
    09-09-15 01:53 AM
    Google refuses to reveal any religion but Amish, who couldn't use the phone. Maybe if I played the search backwards...
    Thud Hardsmack and curvezzz like this.
    09-09-15 06:18 AM
    Super glue a piece of wood or something into the head phone jack!

Posted via CB10
    curvezzz likes this.
    09-09-15 09:54 AM
    Also I read on here somewhere that the fm tuner will not function without either mobile data or WiFi enabled and connected. Something to do with how it gets the channel listings. There was a thread about how incredibly stupid that was because pretty much the only time you would want fm radio is when you have no data services.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-15 09:56 AM
    OP, radio is not evil. Radio is still an important medium of information in emergencies, and also, there are some religious radio stations that plays religious songs and/or discussing Bible. I must say your definition of evil is wrong.

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    Ok, I can clarify that statement a bit. I agree with you. Radio in itself is not evil. For communication (two-way, etc.) there is nothing wrong with it. But the content of some of the stations on the radio is evil. As far as there being some "good" radio stations, there no doubt is some truth on them, but there are definitely some warped concepts too. And if you listen to some stations, who is going to stop you from listening to any or all of them?
    09-09-15 06:43 PM
    Super glue a piece of wood or something into the head phone jack!

Posted via CB10
    I've thought of it, but then that option for playing music would be entirely gone. If there is no work-around, that option might still be used.
    09-09-15 06:45 PM
63 123