Hello,

I am a current Bold 9900 User with a blackberry data plan. My wife has a Bold 9700 without a data plan. Unfortunately, due to the limitations of my wife's Bold 9700 running on OS 6 without a data plan, she cannot setup email or calendar accounts on the device - even with Wi-Fi connectivity (I've researched this a lot!). Essentially, she simply wants to use the device as a phone and personal organizer without the need to wirelessly sync data when she is away from our house (Wi-Fi hot spot).

My question is, will the Z10 and the new OS 10 allow my wife to add email and calendar accounts to her phone via Wi-Fi without a subscriber data plan? If this were the case, we would both buy new Z10's and have the ability to wirelessly sync our calendars.

I have a friend with an android phone that is not connected to a data plan and he is able to add email and calendar accounts via Wi-Fi so I was hoping this would be possible with the new BB OS.

I guess the only way to test this would be if one of the helpful forum members of Crackberry would be willing to pull out their SIM card on their new Z10 and try to set up email and calendar accounts when the phone is connected via Wi-Fi only. If someone could please answer my question or try the above mentioned experiment, I will rush out an buy two new Z10's tomorrow. Otherwise, I might be eyeing the competition (ugh!).

Thank you,
    Nick
    02-04-13 01:12 PM
    Would also like to know this too!
    02-04-13 01:19 PM
    As far as I know, yes. many people were saying how they were instantly connected even to BBM before ever inserting a sim card into the phone.
    02-04-13 01:32 PM