Watched youtube videos, and read wikipedia, couldn't find the answer.
    The idea behind Balance might apply to me.

What I mean by that is be able to install 2 copies of WhatsApp, have 2 sms inboxes and such, have 2 sets of camera pictures, so that when i am work and take a picture with a friend, it doesn't appear in the personal part once i get home

is thate even possible?
    07-25-14 04:48 AM
    No. The Work partition only separates your work email, browser, and has access to a company curated version of BlackBerry World. You still only have one phone number so you'd still have just one SMS and one Whatsapp install available to you.

Posted via CB10
    tinochiko likes this.
    07-25-14 05:30 AM
    No. The Work partition only separates your work email, browser, and has access to a company curated version of BlackBerry World. You still only have one phone number so you'd still have just one SMS and one Whatsapp install available to you.

Posted via CB10
    What about BBM?

Check Out TechCraze
    07-25-14 06:43 AM
    What about BBM?

Check Out TechCraze
    BBM will be only on the personal space side of your device.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-14 07:34 AM
    BBM will be only on the personal space side of your device.

Posted via CB10
    Unless your company has eBBM. But it will also might be separate.

BlackBerry to Launch eBBM Suite for Enterprise Customers - Press Releases
    Last edited by Bluenoser63; 07-25-14 at 08:37 AM.
    07-25-14 07:37 AM
    Unless your company has eBBM. But it will also be separate.

BlackBerry to Launch eBBM Suite for Enterprise Customers - Press Releases
    So you will have two BBMs?

Or is it that eBBM 'activates' when two eBBM clients communicate but it's all under one BBM?

Check Out TechCraze
    07-25-14 08:02 AM
    So you will have two BBMs?

Or is it that eBBM 'activates' when two eBBM clients communicate but it's all under one BBM?

Check Out TechCraze
    Read the link.
    07-25-14 08:12 AM
    Read the link.
    I have..

Check Out TechCraze
    07-25-14 08:28 AM
    I have..

Check Out TechCraze
    Then why ask the question?

From the link.

Employees will be able to use a single well-known, well-loved app to connect with internal colleagues under this regulated level of enhanced security, while remaining free to message BBM contacts outside the organization simply and easily with the privacy,
    srissman likes this.
    07-25-14 08:36 AM
    Then why ask the question?

From the link.
    I didn't see it, thanks

Check Out TechCraze
    07-25-14 08:51 AM
    Dang.
    Ok then are there any platforms that will allow me to install 2 copies of whatsapp? I know I need 2 numbers, I just need 2 whatsapps on 1 phone. Is something like that theoretically possible on any mobile OS?
    07-25-14 09:21 AM
    Looks like theyre focusing on security then, rather than privacy..

Check Out TechCraze
    07-25-14 09:29 AM
    Looks like theyre focusing on security then, rather than privacy..

Check Out TechCraze
    With each container it is a balance. The work container does definitely lean more to security and accountability because that's what businesses need. The personal container is more privacy focused with emphasis placed on privacy from the corporation that has control of the work container.

That said, you can have two copies of the same application, one in the work container and one in the personal container. However, if the application depends on something that is unique to the phone (PIN for BBM for example) then that could cause issues. If WhatsApp uses the actual device phone number rather than just some number, then there would be a problem.

The other thing is that an application launched in the personal container continues to run and may be accessible to the user even after a switch to the work container. Other applications like the camera only run in the personal container even if you start them from the work container. Unless the application is written to be aware of the container it is running in this could also cause problems.
    tinochiko likes this.
    07-25-14 12:41 PM