My parents live outside of the US and BBM Voice/Video is now our main mode of communication. At work I keep my phone on 'Phone calls only' to minimize distractions (hopeless) from other media while still being able to know when calls are coming in. I've missed a few BBM Voice/Video calls from my mother recently because they don't seem to ring on that profile. I understand that they are technically not 'phone calls', but in these circumstances there are of equal (or greater) value to me.

Can anyone confirm that this is 'just how it is', and it's not just a glitch on my side (running 10.2.0.1791)? Is anyone using any of the third-party 'profile-switcher' apps able to set up a 'phone calls + BBM voice/video calls only' profile?
    11-03-13 10:58 AM
    That's a very good question. I will try it and let you know.
    11-04-13 06:10 PM
    I too keep my phone on the same profile and have missed bbm calls. This was when I was on 10.1 but I have yet to try it since upgrading.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 08:14 PM
    Seems to me that since BBM 'calls ' are not technically phone calls, they wouldn't ring in phone calls only mode

Never, but Never, Question the Engineers Judgment!
    11-05-13 07:20 AM
    Yet another reason BlackBerry needs to bring back the option to let me build my own sound profile and have it work how I want it to at work...not have them guess as to what I want...

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 07:49 AM
    Seems to me that since BBM 'calls ' are not technically phone calls, they wouldn't ring in phone calls only mode

Never, but Never, Question the Engineers Judgment!
    I know, I admitted to that originally. However the idea behind a 'phone call only' sound profile is to help you ignore everything except communication from a party that believes the issue is urgent/important enough that it requires/deserves a 'really' real-time voice conversation. When viewed like this, it's clear that bbm voice calls to a phone serve the same practical purpose as regular phone calls, the only difference being the medium.

Hopefully BlackBerry pushes out an update at least letting us include voip calls (bbm, Skype, etc) as part of the phone calls profile.

Or, as stated above... brings back some BBOS goodness and lets us add as many custom profiles as we want.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 08:50 AM