Be my hero! No, not talking about a hoagie..

Anyway, I obviously am smart enough to know that at this time or if ever nobody can give us hacked updated ART. I know the amazon phone was also released with ART 4.3 so the question is (Please do not answer if you Do Not Know!) is it Google blocking in some sort of clause for the use of kit kat run time and above or is it laziness or lack of funds, interest in blackberry's part?

We all know if we had the marshmallow run time .bars we could handle ourselves third party way into the future!

ART will kill BB10 for MOST users and we can't afford to lose any!

If they can legally do it why not bring some of that QNX automobile industry they are dominating back to their own amazing OS and at least drop the new ART bars for us to handle it ourselves with guys like CellNinja, Nemory, Hugsoft to Name just a few?

..or is it google that is blocking this from happening?

Blackberry closes the app gapp for the most part then google rushes with releases and updated ART! It's almost intentional and even more so the vanilla android and beyond with each release is starting to look eerily familiar to BB10 OS especially with the swipe gestures. It's making me sick.

Enough ranting, is it google blocking it or BlackBerry's lack of interest or money as in blackberry itself as I think even sail fish Is on 4.3 which is leaving me to think it's Google did something with the law with kit kat and beyond!

If I'm wrong BlackBerry is being dumb as we can handle it ourselves even closed source with a BB10 hand set released once every four years even if we only had the updated run time bars. Then, they could always come back to it at anytime in the future without spending any money in between as I know they are on a budget.

It is yet to be seen if Google is using Blackberry or Chen Is slicker then we all think and uses them only to return to his OS regardless of what he says public ally as if he was planning that, he wouldn't be able to tell us sadly.

Anyway, anybody know the TRUE reason? Also, yes I have a better chance of getting struck by lightning twice then us seeing the marshmallow ART. Bars but still curious as to why besides they are abandoning it. Ok, if so what was the reason prior? Is it google blocking it or blackberry just not doing it....

Posted via CB10
    enrod87 likes this.
    08-31-16 12:24 AM
    Amazon Fire OS 5 (latest) is based on Lollipop, so I'm not sure how that factors into your theorizing. Still, you can't really claim that the app gap is almost shut if the runtime lacks Google Play Services support. If having a recent API level was all that was needed, then you'd think more than three people would have bought the Fire Phone. As for offloading something as close to metal as the Android runtime onto the ragtag bunch of developers remaining for the platform, how exactly can BlackBerry reconcile boasting of OS security as a cause of strict BlackBerry control on the software process with handing over the keys to third party developers? And even then, I'm not sure reverse engineering APIs () is directly translatable to low level C work.
    08-31-16 12:44 AM
    Amazon Fire OS 5 (latest) is based on Lollipop, so I'm not sure how that factors into your theorizing. Still, you can't really claim that the app gap is almost shut if the runtime lacks Google Play Services support. If having a recent API level was all that was needed, then you'd think more than three people would have bought the Fire Phone. As for offloading something as close to metal as the Android runtime onto the ragtag bunch of developers remaining for the platform, how exactly can BlackBerry reconcile boasting of OS security as a cause of strict BlackBerry control on the software process with handing over the keys to third party developers? And even then, I'm not sure reverse engineering APIs () is directly translatable to low level C work.
    Thanks for clarifying this and I had no idea that amazon phone had a lolli run time, wow! Come on blackberry! If they leave us with that it would help allot?...

So it's not google after all, hmmmm

Posted via CB10
    08-31-16 02:50 AM
    Amazon phones are now based on full Lollipop and not just the runtime, no? As it's been said many times, there are legal reasons why the BlackBerry Android runtime cannot be updated.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Emaderton3; 08-31-16 at 08:07 AM.
    08-31-16 06:42 AM
    Amazon phones are now based on full Lollipop and not just the runtime, no? As it's been said many times, there are legal reasons why the BlackBerry Android runtime cannot be updated.

Posted via CB10
    Here we go again, contradictions but I have to go with Thurask beings what he did for me last night with the. 110 ART and how fast was simply astonishing, the guy knows what he's doing.

However here is another challenge saying it's legal and not blackberry themselves. I give, I give.... hah.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-16 06:08 PM

Posted via CB10
    Can you link me/us to one of those discussions on where it says by a well known member that it's legal reasons with google to update our ART. Bar files to Lolli+?

Posted via CB10
    08-31-16 06:09 PM
    Can you link me/us to one of those discussions on where it says by a well known member that it's legal reasons with google to update our ART. Bar files to Lolli+?

Posted via CB10
    There have never ever been bar files for significant ART updates to something like lollipop on here ever. There have been tons of threads on this. You can easily look it up.

Companies have to sign an agreement with Google when they use Android that includes Google services. It will never go beyond jelly bean.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Emaderton3; 08-31-16 at 07:45 PM.
    08-31-16 07:33 PM
    Here we go again, contradictions but I have to go with Thurask beings what he did for me last night with the. 110 ART and how fast was simply astonishing, the guy knows what he's doing.

However here is another challenge saying it's legal and not blackberry themselves. I give, I give.... hah.

Posted via CB10
    It's just an update to jelly bean runtime.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-16 07:47 PM
    There have never ever been bar files for significant ART updates to something like lollipop on here ever. There have been tons of threads on this. You can easily look it up.

Companies have to sign an agreement with Google when they use Android that includes Google services. It will never go beyond jelly bean.

Posted via CB10
    Huh, did I say that? I looked but didn't see it and know this but asked for your source as legitimately wanted to read it as to the legal issues as for bar files for runtime above 4.3 I already know this!

-Dread Pirate Regan
    09-06-16 12:31 AM
    Go and search on the OHA. If you want Google play Services on your Android phones you have to join the OHA. The rules are set to avoid Android fragmentation.
    09-08-16 02:53 AM