Seriously.......who invests millions of dollars in research & development of any product then does NO marketing????
    No marketing to you, the consumer, but personal visits to CEO's of various corporations around the world. Result: Classic. Whether that results in the desired result or not, unknown, but there was marketing.

Kraft Dinner (Kraft Mac& Cheese for the Am�ricanos) is bad pasta & cheese flavored dust in a box but yet they market the hell out of it........every person know what this is.
    You'd be happy if BlackBerry created crap and marketed well so that you'd be satisfied with your purchase because everyone knows what it is? I'd rather have a well designed device.

Is time for Chen to admit that he is out of his league when the basics of capitalism eludes him!!
    He knows that the consumer market for BlackBerry won't change for them in the short-term. Samsung has already shown that it takes massive marketing, something that BlackBerry can't afford at the moment. He decided to rely upon BlackBerry's well-known and established reputation in security to restart the company. The public, at large, doesn't dispute this reputation.
    03-02-15 01:22 AM
    Different isn't screwed.
    I know, it's different and the screwed it up... Still has the same result, it just sucks for anyone that has a lot of appointments.
    03-02-15 04:30 AM
    It was just announced that Chen has decided to make the Hub, BlackBerry 10's virtual keyboard and other BlackBerry apps/features available on both iOS and Android.

I'm kind of shocked, but there you have it. More proof that Chen honestly doesn't care about BB10 at all.
    John Chen has never publicly spoken highly of BlackBerry 10. He did once admit in an interview it should be easier to use. He's likely content to let it fade out into the sunset.
    Witmen likes this.
    03-02-15 05:06 AM
    So, chill all of you. All that stuff is supposed to be a BES12 bundle. No HUB on iTunes or BB10 Keyboard on Google Play.

There are no free dinners. And BlackBerry is trying to make money.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-02-15 08:11 AM
    Feel free to doubt the sources, yet, Cobalt's track record of bringing patched Versions of Google Play Services as well as the Play store itself makes him a credible source for most of us.

All in all, Blackberry did not close the app gap and that is what matters for most people. They recognized that they cannot lure developers to the platform and went for Android compatibility. Teaming up with Amazon does not seem to be the best choice given their de facto failed Fire OS phone. Continuing with the Android idea simply means getting more blockers out of the way.
    The problem is if BlackBerry is focused on enterprise... how many IT professionals will install Cobalt's "patches" on their networked devices? How easy is it to add a "patched" Android app to BES for distribution?

Never mind if Google get serious about "blocking" these other operating systems that want to start using what they have built... I'm not sure that Cobalt will have the desire or energy to fight that kind of war. Especially if Google does like SnapChat and just starts killing user accounts for suspicious activity.

I don't know what BlackBerry's future is... but the lack of an "App Market that can be officially recognized", their need to recycle hardware at full price, and the inability to market their product.... is a HUGE problem for them. As enterprise is also a consumer, and Apple, Microsoft and even Google are working to make their products better in the enterprise market.

I think by June we will know what the future of BlackBerry hardware is.... If the Classic sells several million and BES sees a big increase, then hardware is here to stay for a while. If sales and revenues both drop... There maybe a future for BlackBerry as a software and services only company, if they can grow those fast enough to turn them into revenue generators. But it will be a sign that the "niche" doesn't exist anymore, and that there isn't a future in hardware and no reason to develop BB10 anymore.
    03-02-15 08:17 AM
    Can BB get ahead of Windows phone, sadly (really sadly) no, it won't.

Like said above, there is no advertising whatsoever, BlackBerry seem like Nokia where with Symbian, embarrassed, they have been given such a bad reputation from issues with BBOS devices they are scared to advertise, even when the Hardware and OS is actually very decent.
    Symbian phones had FM Transmitters, a hell of a lot of Network's support, Excellent Touch Screens, (41MP Camera on the 808, incredible, still have mine) and more, yet they never ever advertised it because of the trouble with the old Series 60 v5, BlackBerry are going in the same direction if they don't pluck their ideas up.
    100% agreed with you.
    The world still living old BBOS and Blackberry did nothing to sell BB10 as new and much better OS than Android. The approach is with half heart even with Android applications. Not supporting Google Play services is understandable but keeping runtime way behind is bad policy.
    Today i installed Amazone store Android client on my Z30 and it says Here Map is not supported on your device. What a heck.
    03-02-15 09:04 AM
    Can BB get ahead of Windows phone, sadly (really sadly) no, it won't.

Like said above, there is no advertising whatsoever, BlackBerry seem like Nokia where with Symbian, embarrassed, they have been given such a bad reputation from issues with BBOS devices they are scared to advertise, even when the Hardware and OS is actually very decent.
    Symbian phones had FM Transmitters, a hell of a lot of Network's support, Excellent Touch Screens, (41MP Camera on the 808, incredible, still have mine) and more, yet they never ever advertised it because of the trouble with the old Series 60 v5, BlackBerry are going in the same direction if they don't pluck their ideas up.
    100% agreed with you.
    The world still living old BBOS and Blackberry did nothing to sell BB10 as new and much better OS than Android. The approach is with half heart even with Android applications. Not supporting Google Play services is understandable but keeping runtime way behind is bad policy.
    Today i installed Amazon store Android client on my Z30 and it says Here Map is not supported on your device. What a heck.
    03-02-15 09:04 AM
    100% agreed with you.
    Today i installed Amazon store Android client on my Z30 and it says Here Map is not supported on your device. What a heck.

To be honest I always thought Here Maps was just for Samsung phones at the mo
    03-02-15 09:45 AM
    How easy is it to add a "patched" Android app to BES for distribution?
    I'm not on BES, so correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the work space for native apps only?
    03-02-15 10:55 AM
    Get your head around the ***-backwards PR machine of BlackBerry.......they actually spent money to produce advertising on YouTube for the Z3 in Asia but nothing on the flagship Passport or Classic.
    I have a close relative that is a exec for a financial firm on Wall St that was looking at various Samsung phones after her well used (and abused) Bold died. Her 1st comment when I told her about the Passport & Classic was " why the hell doesn't BlackBerry market this phone"???
    Spending millions on R&D but not marketing their products.......I have no description that is PG13 for this

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 12:49 PM
    I have a close relative that is a exec for a financial firm on Wall St that was looking at various Samsung phones after her well used (and abused) Bold died. Her 1st comment when I told her about the Passport & Classic was " why the hell doesn't BlackBerry market this phone"???
    Maybe they could advertise it now because she could actually go down to a carrier and buy it (and maybe even get some support, like getting email setup)? Would she have bought one, sight unseen, through ShopBlackBerry or Amazon? BB10 isn't just a Bold replacement. It will be different for her. Yes, a Samsung would be different for her too, but with a BlackBerry, she would expect the same as her Bold or something very similar.
    03-02-15 01:33 PM
    Right, Android has the most market share, but it's fragmented over a gazillion companies. Last we checked, only Samsung was really making any significant profit
    This is the same situation as used to exist in the PC/Mac world. Macs trailed PCs in market share by a long shot, but no single PC manufacturer came close to the sales of Apple computers. Apple doesn't make it's money from hardware or software... it is rich because it has figured out marketing and markup. No other company has created a level of undeserved demand that allows for nosebleed inducing margins the way Apple has. With 10.3.1 my two-year-old Z10 is a better phone than the current Apple flagship, but BlackBerry is fighting for its life while Apple is trying to figure out where to hide their buckets of cash from the tax man.
    diegonei likes this.
    03-02-15 01:40 PM
    This is the same situation as used to exist in the PC/Mac world. Macs trailed PCs in market share by a long shot, but no single PC manufacturer came close to the sales of Apple computers. Apple doesn't make it's money from hardware or software... it is rich because it has figured out marketing and markup. No other company has created a level of undeserved demand that allows for nosebleed inducing margins the way Apple has. With 10.3.1 my two-year-old Z10 is a better phone than the current Apple flagship, but BlackBerry is fighting for its life while Apple is trying to figure out where to hide their buckets of cash from the tax man.
    All true, but Apple has turned into a one product company (profit-wise). If all of a sudden people would just stop buying iPhones, it would be a VERY ugly day for Apple shareholders.

But yeah. If Apple figured out one thing out, it's that it doesn't need the best products, just effectice marketing.
    TrueKulcha likes this.
    03-29-15 05:46 PM
88 ... 234