I dont have any replacement receipt. I try to reload My OS many times and didnt work. When its on 10.2 its say that camera cant be started and now I am using 10.3 and its all gray

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 07:29 AM
    Did you try doing a hard reset of your phone, you have to remember your running a leaked OS and there's no guarantees it will be totally functional. What phone do you have? I would assume an older BlackBerry 10 since you were on 10.2

Hope this helps

From my Zed 30 running 10.3.0.675
    10-19-14 10:34 AM
    Use BlackBerry virtual Expert (BBVE) to know if the issue is hardware.
    10-19-14 10:53 AM
    I tried
    Camera problem since 10.2-img_20141112_133114.png testing it to bbve. And still have a problem with my cam. Sometimes its working and sometimes its not

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 11:32 PM
    I bet it's an STL100-1.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 02:18 AM
    Yeah It is stl100-1 your right.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 04:33 AM
    Yeah It is stl100-1 your right.

Posted via CB10
    We can only hope this gets fixed in 10.3.1

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 07:36 AM
    Have the same problem before. When I installed instagram apk. Removing it fixes the problem. I'm also on stl100-1

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 02:57 PM
    hope so

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 11:13 PM
    think its hardware issue.
    11-13-14 10:31 AM
    think its hardware issue.
    It's not

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 12:59 PM
    It's not
    Well, if the software uses a lot of CPU cycles and the heat is not dissipated properly by the hardware near the video chip or the camera...

Even if a software patch can lighten the issue, my guess it's firstly hardware. I know that the issue happened following the 10.2 update, and Blackberry knows this too.

And it still happened only for the STL100-1. It's the only Z10 phone with the TI OMAP 4470 (STL100-2/3/4 have the Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 plus). With the same software on all the devices, but not the same hardware, which is faulty ?

By the way, if the heat is not dissipated properly, your phone won't run hot... but a reboot or uninstalling a headless app can enable the device to work ok for a while. And... Ho my... These are real temporarely solutions that works !
    Last edited by Joshu42; 11-13-14 at 01:24 PM.
    11-13-14 01:11 PM
    Well, if the software uses a lot of CPU cycles and the heat is not dissipated properly by the hardware near the video chip or the camera...

Even if a software patch can lighten the issue, my guess it's firstly hardware. I know that the issue happened following the 10.2 update, and Blackberry knows this too.

And it still happened only for the STL100-1. It's the only Z10 phone with the TI OMAP 4470 (STL100-2/3/4 have the Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 plus). With the same software on all the devices, but not the same hardware, which is faulty ?

By the way, if the heat is not dissipated properly, your phone won't run hot... but a reboot or uninstalling a headless app can enable the device to work ok for a while. And... Ho my... These are real temporarely solutions that works !
    So how about this, I can leave my Z10 turned off for a month in a very cool place and when I switch on and go take a snapchat video for example it will immediately do this, do you think it will heat up in 5 seconds? How can it be a hardware issue when you know it only happened after 10.2.1 was released is that even logical? Because you seem to insist that it's a hardware issue.

Let's assume It is, if every STL100-1 device has this hardware issue then we are looking at a BIG failure here for BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 01:31 PM
    So how about this, I can leave my Z10 turned off for a month in a very cool place and when I switch on and go take a snapchat video for example it will immediately do this, do you think it will heat up in 5 seconds?
    Nope, I think yours heated up enough before to damage the chip. I saw your screenshots and I've already seen this in the past (not on this phone, other hardware). It's the reason why I doubt it will work properly again... I don't know if there is still a 10.0 release somewhere... but, if there is, you can always downgrade to it by building an autoloader and test the camera again. I will love to be proving wrong.

I must add that the OP has not the same issue and I think her camera is still good to go. Just wait for the next update
    Last edited by Joshu42; 11-13-14 at 02:48 PM.
    11-13-14 01:54 PM
    Because you seem to insist that it's a hardware issue.
    You must know by now that the STL100-1 has a PowerVR SGX544 gpu (other models have the Adreno 225). It's a very good gpu, but it uses different format, like PVR over DDS for texture. That explains why some Android sideloaded games don't work well (black texture). But it can't explain what happened to @thesmartmale 's camera feed. Can you tell us if the colored pattern you see on screen moves as you move the phone ? Or if the pattern is static ? Can you see shapes that correspond to real object ?

I'm sorry, I hijacked the OP thread, but as I told @thesmartmale earlier, I want to help him.
    11-13-14 02:50 PM
    You must know by now that the STL100-1 has a PowerVR SGX544 gpu (other models have the Adreno 225). It's a very good gpu, but it uses different format, like PVR over DDS for texture. That explains why some Android sideloaded games don't work well (black texture). But it can't explain what happened to @thesmartmale 's camera feed. Can you tell us if the colored pattern you see on screen moves as you move the phone ? Or if the pattern is static ? Can you see shapes that correspond to real object ?

I'm sorry, I hijacked the OP thread, but as I told @thesmartmale earlier, I want to help him.
    You seem to be a nice person who really wants to help but the thing is my camera works properly when I first switch on the phone and can work forever as long as I don't trigger that thing that makes it go crazy like that, on the earlier releases of 10.2.1 it use to happen when you watch three instagram videos, use whine or use snap2chat, now it's less, only happens when I use snap2chat video and whine, instagram doesn't effect it anymore.

This is why I say it's a software issue.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 03:23 PM
    on the earlier releases of 10.2.1 it use to happen when you watch three instagram videos, use whine or use snap2chat, now it's less, only happens when I use snap2chat video and whine, instagram doesn't effect it anymore.
    Wait a minute, after a reboot, you have no issue with the stock camera right ? Only with the embedded one from snap2chat or vine ? When you use one of the latest and you have a glitch, did the stock camera have the colored screen from your post earlier ? Did Snap2chat and vine apps came from Snap or the BlackBerry world ? Same question for your Instagram version that "worked" ?
    11-13-14 06:08 PM
    Wait a minute, after a reboot, you have no issue with the stock camera right ? Only with the embedded one from snap2chat or vine ? When you use one of the latest and you have a glitch, did the stock camera have the colored screen from your post earlier ? Did Snap2chat and vine apps came from Snap or the BlackBerry world ? Same question for your Instagram version that "worked" ?
    Yes stock camera works just fine after a reboot, only starts showing problems when using snap2chat video recording or whine, when it goes crazy I can't go back and use the stock camera after because it does the coloured screen thing and I have to restart, both apps are from BlackBerry world, instagram came from Snap.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 06:53 AM
    Yes stock camera works just fine after a reboot, only starts showing problems when using snap2chat video recording or whine, when it goes crazy I can't go back and use the stock camera after because it does the coloured screen thing and I have to restart, both apps are from BlackBerry world, instagram came from Snap.
    I was hoping Snap2chat and Vine came from Snap... When you published a native app on the BlackBerry Store, it's been tested and approved. The STL100-1 is also tested and several Bar files for the same app must be packaged. But if you use Snap and the APK installer, a flaw can pass easily. It's not perfect. I don't know about the Android app repacked for BlackBerry World though, but I assume tests must be the same. Most of the Android devices use the Adreno GPU and so, the video processing I quoted earlier...

But, it's not the case here, and furthermore, your stock camera presents the same symptoms after the trigger. I'm sorry, I was hoping, but I still think your specific issue is hardware, and probably linked to heat dissipation. By the way, did you encounter in the forum, STL100-1's owner with the same problem ? I mean the colored pattern, not the camera not responding.
    11-14-14 10:10 AM
    I was hoping Snap2chat and Vine came from Snap... When you published a native app on the BlackBerry Store, it's been tested and approved. The STL100-1 is also tested and several Bar files for the same app must be packaged. But if you use Snap and the APK installer, a flaw can pass easily. It's not perfect. I don't know about the Android app repacked for BlackBerry World though, but I assume tests must be the same. Most of the Android devices use the Adreno GPU and so, the video processing I quoted earlier...

But, it's not the case here, and furthermore, your stock camera presents the same symptoms after the trigger. I'm sorry, I was hoping, but I still think your specific issue is hardware, and probably linked to heat dissipation. By the way, did you encounter in the forum, STL100-1's owner with the same problem ? I mean the colored pattern, not the camera not responding.
    Yes, there are a lot of them in the forums, all after 10.2.1 was released, here's to hoping 10.3.1 will fix this.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 12:33 PM
    Yes, there are a lot of them in the forums, all after 10.2.1 was released, here's to hoping 10.3.1 will fix this.
    I guess I didn't go back in time enough. I found a lot of thread on the camera that stopped working, but nothing about the colored pattern for now.

By the way, did you read this thread ?
    >> http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=973713
    What do you think ?
    11-14-14 07:15 PM
    I just did downgrading it and rebooting it and its not working -.- I just test the camera in the virtual expert and it still black screen however my front camera was working fine.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 11:37 PM
    I just did downgrading it and rebooting it and its not working -.- I just test the camera in the virtual expert and it still black screen however my front camera was working fine.
    I'm sorry I hijacked your thread but @thesmartmale issue is not exactly the same as yours

So, you "downgraded" to a version prior to 10.2 and the camera is still not working ? If that's so, either the process didn't work right, either your phone rear camera is not off due to the update... Can be the so called "gap" found in the thread I quoted.
    Last edited by Joshu42; 11-15-14 at 11:06 AM.
    11-15-14 10:18 AM