Hi,

Is there a way to manually focus on the camera of the BlackBerry Passport or Classic?

Why am I asking?
    Simply because it happens too often that I am not able to take a clear picture of text because it doesn't stop focusing at the right moment. While it's focusing the picture gets crystal clear but when the focus is done, it is just too blurry...

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    05-17-15 02:32 PM
    Tap on screen to change focus

Posted via CB10
    05-17-15 02:33 PM
    Tap on screen to change focus

Posted via CB10
    Please, keep in mind that I know how to focus and re-read the post, it will make more sense maybe

Posted via CB10
    05-17-15 02:40 PM
    Please, keep in mind that I know how to focus and re-read the post, it will make more sense maybe

Posted via CB10
    Well that's the only way with the stock camera. Otherwise take a look at camera++ I heard people say that it's really good but haven't tried it myself.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-15 02:45 PM
    Well that's the only way with the stock camera. Otherwise take a look at camera++ I heard people say that it's really good but haven't tried it myself.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks I will now

Posted via CB10
    05-17-15 02:46 PM

Posted via CB10
    Just tested, same behavior:/ Focus square is red showing it was unable to focus properly but while focusing I can see the picture being crystal clear so it definitively can focus :/

Posted via CB10
    05-17-15 02:50 PM
    Hi,

Is there a way to manually focus on the camera of the BlackBerry Passport or Classic?

Why am I asking?
    Simply because it happens too often that I am not able to take a clear picture of text because it doesn't stop focusing at the right moment. While it's focusing the picture gets crystal clear but when the focus is done, it is just too blurry...

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    I've had that happen when using Scan to Text Pro. It happens when I hold the phone too close to the book. Usually holding the phone a bit further corrects that and text focuses correctly. Hope that helps.

[Hopefully NOT edited by admin to be fair lol. ] Frosty White Q10/10.3.2.680 CB10
    05-17-15 03:06 PM
    Just tested, same behavior:/ Focus square is red showing it was unable to focus properly but while focusing I can see the picture being crystal clear so it definitively can focus :/

Posted via CB10
    Probably something that can only be fixed on the OS end.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-15 03:15 PM
    Use camera++ and use the manual focus option. It's not a free app though.
    James St-Pierre likes this.
    05-17-15 03:19 PM
    Thanksssssss !!!! Exactly what I was looking for

Edit :

Same picture same distance.

Auto Focus:
    Attachment 353312

Manual Focus :
    Attachment 353313

Posted via CB10
    05-17-15 03:41 PM
    Can we change the default camera ? The old one still opens in my apps :'(

Posted via CB10
    05-17-15 03:44 PM
    Can we change the default camera ? The old one still opens in my apps :'(

Posted via CB10
    Not an option at the moment. Although I reported the focusing issue to BlackBerry. I'll mention this too.

Posted via CB10
    James St-Pierre likes this.
    05-17-15 03:52 PM
    Not an option at the moment. Although I reported the focusing issue to BlackBerry. I'll mention this too.

Posted via CB10
    Just edited my post and added 2 pictures, have a look

And btw, using 10.3.2.680 but the issue has always been there

Posted via CB10
    05-17-15 03:53 PM
    Try holding the device around the sides away from the part that detects range, or you may find your hands get in the way of the range detection.
    05-18-15 04:13 AM
    Thanksssssss !!!! Exactly what I was looking for

Edit :

Same picture same distance.

Auto Focus:
    Attachment 353312

Manual Focus :
    Attachment 353313

Posted via CB10
    Can't see the images, unfortunately. Therefore I'll just ask, did you also had a closer distance with manual focus compared to auto one? I noticed this on BlackBerry Passport and was pleasantly surprised )
    05-18-15 09:27 AM
    Can't see the images, unfortunately. Therefore I'll just ask, did you also had a closer distance with manual focus compared to auto one? I noticed this on BlackBerry Passport and was pleasantly surprised )
    It is odd that you cannot see images but yes the focus issue is only there on close picture

Posted via CB10
    05-18-15 09:42 AM
    Also in Camera ++ try setting the auto focus to Macro. It will help when you are shooting a page relatively close up.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-15 02:24 PM