Hello my fellow Crackberrians,

I have a software issue. When i open my camera app I get a black screen, all the menu options work and when I switch to the front facing camera that works. I took it to AT&T device center and they didn't see nothing wrong physically with the camera and suggested a wipe would probably do the trick. Wouldn't you know it the wipe did the trick and now I could see an image when the camera app was open. So I'm pretty excited to go back home and load up my back up and wouldn't you know it as soon as the backup was loaded it went back to the black screen when I opened the app.

Any Suggestions? I am running the newly released 10.2.1 on AT&T but the issue was occurring before and the upgrade to the new software did not resolve the issue.

I flick all my words from my amazing BlackBerry Z10
    04-18-14 02:54 PM
    Hello my fellow Crackberrians,

I have a software issue. When i open my camera app I get a black screen, all the menu options work and when I switch to the front facing camera that works. I took it to AT&T device center and they didn't see nothing wrong physically with the camera and suggested a wipe would probably do the trick. Wouldn't you know it the wipe did the trick and now I could see an image when the camera app was open. So I'm pretty excited to go back home and load up my back up and wouldn't you know it as soon as the backup was loaded it went back to the black screen when I opened the app.

Any Suggestions? I am running the newly released 10.2.1 on AT&T but the issue was occurring before and the upgrade to the new software did not resolve the issue.

I flick all my words from my amazing BlackBerry Z10
    Still think about a hardware failure...
    I hope for you that it will be fixed with a wipe.
    I think that it would give a error message if it was a software problem...
    04-18-14 02:59 PM
    I suggest you only check off Settings when using Link to restore from your backup. If nothing is wrong, continue with Media. If nothing is wrong there, it's highly likely that it's application data as well but you can try and restore that as well and see what's up. If it is, I suggest you download the bar file for the camera component of BB10 and sideload it over the current app.
    04-18-14 06:58 PM