Well I will admit. For the past week left my daily Q10 on the drawer and used a Nokia Lumia 920 that my wife had.

It was pure curiosity to try out windows 10 preview and give a spin with windows 8.1 for a week.

On the hardware side Microsoft was so dumb not to continue with Nokia know how on building decent quality and beutiful devices. The 920 is old but it is a beautiful piece of hardware to look at and it feels bomb proof.

On the software side... well windows phone is good, at least I enjoy it more than android. Microsoft services are very well integrated with the OS and they are less intrusive than google services on android. But as always it feels that Microsoft wants every bit of information from you (your location, your info, your data). Windows phone is smooth as butter and gives a great experience but lacks important details productivity wise. Email is not straight forward, managing information is puzzling and leaves you lost throughout the OS. One thing I was amazed was the call quality but that is what Nokia does best.

After a week, I decided to go back to my Q10 and when I held it in my hand it made me smile After updating a week of information I said "yes this makes more sense". The form factor, the BlackBerry 10 details, the speed, every one of these details combined makes me convinced that these devices are still far superior in a real world use than the rest of the crowd.

And as always, I wrote this post from my Q10 which I couldn't do with a touch keyboard. But that is my personal preference.

Posted via BlackBerry Q10
    zack west, moyah8 and pstrusi like this.
    02-11-16 05:53 PM
    Top stuff..

Posted with my Blackberry Classic SQC100-1/10.3.2.2639
    02-11-16 06:03 PM
    Great post. Thanks for taking the time and... welcome back.

Q10 (SQN100-3 : 10.3.2.158), Passport (SQW-100 : 10.3.1.1779)
    02-11-16 08:22 PM
    That's interesting. I've been wanting to try out a windows phone.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-16 08:51 PM
    I traded my z30 for a Priv for a week, while the Passport I ordered from ebay was being shipped. The ONLY thing that the android does better than BlackBerry is apps and obviously customization.

I was getting so frustrated with the Priv "hub" and having to download stuff to get things to work better.

For instance, BlackBerry Hub is hands down the best notification deal there is. You can't long press the volume keys to change audio tracks, can't just open the music app,or pictures and see everything. The stock Android music app is like a version of itunes. Hideous.

I'm soooo glad to be back on BlackBerry10, and I absolutely love the Passport.

Using my Passport!
    pstrusi likes this.
    02-11-16 09:05 PM
    If you don't mind the app shortage windows phone 8.1 is a very enjoyable experience. At least with BlackBerry 10 we have the option to run android apps...

I might consider a windows phone as a second device when windows 10 mobile is finished and released. For now, the tech preview is usable but there are many stupid bugs and inconsistencies with the ui. But believe me, with a dual core 1.5 krait the lumia 920 flied with windows 10.

02-12-16 04:15 AM
    Thanks for sharing.

Was a nice read and it's great to know that BB10 is still a recognised great OS when it comes to getting the work done (productivity).

Posted from my ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.2.2876
    02-12-16 05:06 AM
    "Smooth as butter"? I had the Lumia 1020 running Windows Phone 8.1 and got fed up with apps constantly resuming, so much so that I ended up selling it.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-16 05:18 AM
    I have a Passport Silver Edition as my daily driver and use a Nokia 930 running Windows 10. BB10 is superior to Windows 10. Windows 10 does run smooth, but there are some issues with some of the apps that run slow, close on there own or give an error when starting up. I don't like the fact of how long Outlook takes to open up sometimes and when trying to send an email there is about a 25% chance the email will not get sent. BB10 is so much better and responsive. If I ever have an issue of lag, I just restart the phone (since I pretty much keep my Passport on all the time) and the lag disappears. BB10 FOREVER! ! !

Posted with my a-w-e-s-o-m-e BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition. Past posting devices: BlackBerry Z10, BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry Passport and BlackBerry Passport AT&T version.
    02-14-16 12:20 AM
    I dunno but I also have a L830 which run pretty good with win10.
    Like you said you came back from the dark side while I'm still using it and enjoying pretty much.
    I'm thinking to jump with the 950xl. Because what I see in my L830 is the same of what I see in my computer for the settings. Also the scrolling part of that phone is way much superior than the one from my Z30 and passport.
    02-14-16 09:39 PM
    Windows 10 mobile or desktop reminds me a lot of linux distros. They are never finished and you always find a glitch or a bug here and there. Not to mention the update strategy Microsoft has taken with windows 10 that looks a lot like linux.

Just like windows 7, windows phone 8.1 update 1 feels solid and runs smooth. I wish Nokia had went with android... imagine the 920 or 1520 hardware running a nokia customized android os.

02-15-16 03:06 AM