I recently got a Z30, it really is the best phone I have ever owned.

But it has one deal breaking issue for me.

The caller ID doesn't display the name of the callers because I store them with country code.

In smart dialing, my country is set. There is no number length option for my country.

Here is BlackBerry's response:

KB33685-Caller ID does not show associated contact when country code is included in phone number

Basically they acknowledge it, and have no timeframe on when they'll fix it.

Really an amatuerish problem. Android and iOS do not have this issue. It is not carrier related, this is phone related.

Does anyone have any experience on this? Any work arounds?
    03-22-14 06:05 AM
    This has always worked faultlessly on my Z10 so maybe a sohtware version issue, maybe something to do with the way your network presents incoming numbers.
    03-22-14 11:17 AM
    This has always worked faultlessly on my Z10 so maybe a sohtware version issue, maybe something to do with the way your network presents incoming numbers.
    Thank you for your response.

I'm on the latest 10.2.2102 update.

I have run android and iOS on my network and they have no issue with Caller ID.

I hope there is a fix.
    03-22-14 03:51 PM
    Bump.

I really like this phone and want to keep it.
    03-23-14 08:24 AM
    OK, what do you actually see on screen when an incoming call arrives? International format number? National number? Depends if international or national caller... etc? (with or without spaces in the number displayed?)

It might be worth a test, set something like UK or USA (we know these usually work for caller ID) as your smart country with number length = 10, then make a test call from a number you have programmed into your phonebook. Don't forget to put it back to the real country before you use it for real outgoing calls...
    03-24-14 12:43 PM
    I am having a somewhat similar issues but with domestic calls in the states. Our numbers domestically are stored as 10 digit phone numbers. So I will save a contact like so, "xxx-xxx-xxxx". Problem is when I am texted from this contact it gives the US country code and the number appears like this "+1 (xxx)xxx-xxxx". What this equates to is that the phone doesn't recognize the same number, displayed differently, and so it doesn't register as being in my contacts, aka an unknown number. I have to save 2 versions of every number. Very frustrating... anybody else have similar problems? Q10 on ATT, running 1925

Posted via CB10
    03-24-14 01:09 PM
    OK, what do you actually see on screen when an incoming call arrives? International format number? National number? Depends if international or national caller... etc? (with or without spaces in the number displayed?)

It might be worth a test, set something like UK or USA (we know these usually work for caller ID) as your smart country with number length = 10, then make a test call from a number you have programmed into your phonebook. Don't forget to put it back to the real country before you use it for real outgoing calls...
    The number appears without the international format.

I have tried many countries on smart dial without any luck.
    03-28-14 02:13 AM
    I'm out of Good Ideas for this problem
    03-31-14 05:11 PM
    I am having a somewhat similar issues but with domestic calls in the states. Our numbers domestically are stored as 10 digit phone numbers. So I will save a contact like so, "xxx-xxx-xxxx". Problem is when I am texted from this contact it gives the US country code and the number appears like this "+1 (xxx)xxx-xxxx". What this equates to is that the phone doesn't recognize the same number, displayed differently, and so it doesn't register as being in my contacts, aka an unknown number. I have to save 2 versions of every number. Very frustrating... anybody else have similar problems? Q10 on ATT, running 1925

Posted via CB10
    Not sure if this is off topic, but this was the only thread I got when I searched.

Using this syntax: aaa-ppp-nnnn (area code-prefix-number)

Having this exact issue, along with incoming calls being displayed on caller ID as +aa apppnnnn

Incoming calls from several contacts (and some non-contacts but frequent callers/clients) come in with this syntax, calls can be answered with no problems but do not show contact name. Further, using the call log to try and return these missed calls results in a carrier notification regarding dialing international calls - call can't be completed.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2273 (happened on previous OS's also)
    Gris12 likes this.
    05-12-14 04:31 PM