I often need to make a reminder that I have to call somebody at certain time. There is no way how to do it in bb10... it could be nice if you can set a reminder in calendar or remember that would have: date, time, note AND Link to contacts. Then at THE Time you could just press call and that's it! Imo business phone like BlackBerry should have sth like this! Or what is your way to do this?
    11-21-13 03:13 PM
    It works in remember if you input the phone number.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 03:36 PM
    You can add a participant to a calendar appointment and go into the entry when the notification pops up.. You can call the participant from there...

I understand what you say though.. You should be able to specify a type of appointment in order to have specified actions for separate notifications.. In case you'd specify a call appointment, you'd have the option to call or dismiss/snooze... It would be nice and doesn't seem to hard to realise...

From the Z...
    11-21-13 04:38 PM
    You can add a participant to a calendar appointment and go into the appointment when the notification pops up.. You can call the participant from there...

If your ordeal concerns only certain phone numbers, you can store them by selecting "add bridge" and then add the number... The phone number will be displayed in the appointment notes... Next time you want to create a call appointment you can add the number by selecting the "bridge" you made earlier... It's the fastest way to call someone from the notification...

Attachment 223092

I understand what you say though.. You should be able to specify a type of appointment in order to have specified actions for separate notifications.. In case you'd specify a call appointment, you'd have the option to call or dismiss/snooze... It would be nice and doesn't seem to hard to realise...

From the Z...

From the Z...
    Last edited by crackbb10; 11-21-13 at 05:10 PM.
    11-21-13 04:57 PM
    Unless I am missing something, adding a participate to an event does not work in most cases. The last think I want to do is send an email to the person that I have just added them to my calendar.

Is there a way to disable the phone from sending the participate an email of the event?

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 09:44 PM
    It works in remember if you input the phone number.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for reply but how can you input phone number from Contacts?
    11-22-13 02:14 AM
    Select the contact you want to use ans select share, choose remember. Then set up your reminder, i.e date and time. Works for me, though you have to input the number, so it is highlighted
    11-22-13 02:26 AM
    Select the contact you want to use ans select share, choose remember. Then set up your reminder, i.e date and time. Works for me, though you have to input the number, so it is highlighted
    Yes, that works thanks. I think it is so far the best way how to deal with it, as if you use the "participants way" in calendar event, you have to focus to always refuse to send any emails to participants.

But still you have to "tap" and scroll a lot... in latest news from BlackBerry they stated that they want to eliminate the "think points". And Imo THIS Is a think point.
    11-22-13 02:40 AM
    Unless I am missing something, adding a participate to an event does not work in most cases. The last think I want to do is send an email to the person that I have just added them to my calendar.

Is there a way to disable the phone from sending the participate an email of the event?

Posted via CB10
    Always press button that you don't want to send, I didn't find other way.
    11-22-13 02:42 AM

Posted via CB10
    Once you set the appointment up, you'll be prompted to either send the invitation, save the appointment or cancel..

Call reminder not convenient-img_00000645_edit.png

If you press save appointment, it won't send an invitation to the participant...

From the Z...
    11-22-13 02:52 AM
    That is not the case on my phone. I hit save event and it sends the invitation email.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 11:05 AM
    That is not the case on my phone. I hit save event and it sends the invitation email.

Posted via CB10
    The best thing for you to do in this case is to use the bridge function.. I explained that part in the fourth post of this thread... You set up a number once and you'll be able to use it every time afterwards... Only gripe I have with it is the fact that you won't be able to delete the "bridge numbers" as of yet... But it works very well...

Edit: the added "bridges" can be deleted.. Swipe down from the top bezel and tap settings.. Select Mobile Conferencing (with the phone icon) and select the one you wish to delete and you'll be able to do so from the bottom bar...

I'll check out whether it's a setting that forces your calendar to send an email anyway.. It shouldn't do that... I'll get back to you later tonight... I gotta brew me some dinner first...

From the Z...
    Last edited by crackbb10; 11-22-13 at 02:55 PM.
    11-22-13 12:28 PM
    I figured it out.. I don't have an email selected in my calendar.. You can select an email or deselect from the calendar settings by swiping down from the top bezel.. Deselecting your email will solve the problem for you..

Call reminder not convenient-img_00000648_edit.png

From the Z...
    11-22-13 02:49 PM