Hey guys,

I'm not sure this is legal or not but I've tried to side load an Android Call Recorder app and it works for call records.. I can record and save all my in and out calls.
    This app not only records my voice but also records callers voice at the same time..
    Maybe this post is dangerous, that's why i don't want to share the name of it..
    Try some Android apps..
    Be sure it works :-)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    03-23-13 07:49 AM
    Hey guys,

I'm not sure this is legal or not but I've tried to side load an Android Call Recorder app and it works for call records.. I can record and save all my in and out calls.
    This app not only records my voice but also records callers voice at the same time..
    Try some Android apps..

It's not legal if you don't make the other person aware you're gonna record the conversation.
    03-23-13 08:16 AM
    It's not legal if you don't make the other person aware you're gonna record the conversation.
    you mean its not legal if you don't tell the second party
    Rene_Ha likes this.
    03-23-13 08:32 AM
    you mean its not legal if you don't tell the second party
    Yes, that's what I meant
    03-23-13 09:03 AM
    does it say you have to tell them. I thought if the app made a beep or noise or something it was legal. I get the little beep everytime I have to call our Maintenance operations control (MOC) signifying they are recording the conversation.
    03-23-13 09:45 AM
    This completely depends on where you live. For example in Canada you can record a phone conversation as long as 1 person taking part of the of the conversation is aware. So, if you're aware you don't have to tell the other party. Basically, you can record your own conversations but you can't record any you're not a part of.

I have no idea what the laws for this outside of Canada

Posted via CB10
    Andrew4life and PJD642 like this.
    03-23-13 11:09 AM
    This completely depends on where you live. For example in Canada you can record a phone conversation as long as 1 person taking part of the of the conversation is aware. So, if you're aware you don't have to tell the other party. Basically, you can record your own conversations but you can't record any you're not a part of.

I have no idea what the laws for this outside of Canada
    Your comments imply the other party to the conversation doesn't have to know. I am in Canada as well and my understanding is that the other party must know for it to be legal. In other words, if I am making the call, it is not enough that I am the only one who knows I am recording that call.
    03-23-13 01:06 PM
    Men,

Look at the picture from other side..
    I'm talking about BlackBerry's call record capability..i don't remember Previous OS can do that even if it may legal

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    03-23-13 01:24 PM
    Your comments imply the other party to the conversation doesn't have to know. I am in Canada as well and my understanding is that the other party must know for it to be legal. In other words, if I am making the call, it is not enough that I am the only one who knows I am recording that call.
    The line highlighted is correct. The other party doesn't need to be aware you are recording. Only one of the people involved needs to know the call is being recorded. So, if you're doing the recording you would obviously know the call is being recorded which satisfies the one party requirement.

I 100% guarantee that in Canada this is the way it works. It will stand up in court, too.
    03-23-13 02:07 PM
    1) The world is larger than the US
    2) in MOST countries call recording IS legal. Except when a 3rd party (that means NOT the caller and NOT the person being called) records a call e.g. a private detective, CIA or any police organisation without being authorised by court.
    3) in other countries. Call recording is legal if either the caller and/or the person being called is aware.

So all this discusion of call recording being illegal is complete nonsens. As long as YOU (the owner of the phone that records the call) is aware that the call is being recorderded.

Now, what devices can and what can't?

1) ALL featurephones from Sony-Ericsson and Nokia have manual FULL 2-way call recording capabilities build-in.
    2) All Nokia Symbian phones have manual FULL 2-way call recording capabilities build in (the userguide even explains howto). Automatic call recording is done with 3rd party apps like e.g. Boldbeast recorder, Best callrecorder etc.
    3) Many Android 1,6 (Donut) devices can record calls. Most o/t modern Android phones can't. Some do one way recording (either the caller or the person being called) like the Galaxy S3. A handfull do full 2-way call recording (LG HD X4, ZTE Blade etc...). Some require a hacked or custom firmware to enable full 2-way callrecording.
    4) The Nokia N9 (Meego Harmattan) can do full 2-way call recording with a (free) 3rd party app.
    5) Bada devices can't
    6) Windows Phone, both WP7 and WP8 devices can't
    7) Many Windows Mobile 6.1 (the predecesor to Windows Phone) can record calls e.g. Samsung Omnia SGH-i900. Most WM6.5-devices (e.g. Omnia II) can't.
    8) iPhones can't
    --> some phones have (optional) call recording through VOIP-services like e.g. Google talk. But these OPTIONAL services come at a monthly fee.

I emailed RIM months ago if BB10 would be able to handle call recording. All I got was a ******* reply to address the proper channels hence I bought a Nokia 808 Pureview and decided to drop any future BB's.
    Glad to hear that they can. RIM lost a customer and will loose a lot more because they are a stupid company with a lack of support or regard for potential customers!

To RIM: FIX that bloody website so that the PROPER chanels are PROPERLY reachable!

I hope this info answers some of your questions.
    Davidro1 likes this.
    04-19-13 03:37 PM
    Confirming, yes you may record your discussions.
    04-19-13 03:45 PM
    I'm going to scold a few- - except the OP--here. A quick survey reveals absolutely everyone is incorrect save an honorable mention for the Canadian (pointing mostly correct to his national statute). But come on guys, please no ill informed stream of consciousness, even as CB makes money in part off the number of posts, let's maintain a little integrity in our posts to protect CB if not for ourselves). This is a relatively black and white issue and shouldn't be bantered about unless we want to discuss 1st amendment issues in the era of Z/OS10. That is, opinion doesn't count much as relates to this thread. (But there are enough--probably too many for CB--threads where u can vote unsupported, or subjevtive, opinions.)

To embellish on the OP's fears, yes, the reason the record device is not placed on the phone is U.S . regulation and fear of litigation. And, yes, I suppose there could be some (nominal) exposure even to the OP "marketing" this sideload; so he quite properly hesitated from a total product revelation. As specific to the privacy laws of the various states: there are states that allow so long as one of the participating parties knows but there are also states (minority) that don't allow unless both parties know and agree. Viewed differently but still in general terms, you can't use the information recorded from a person speaking from those states that disallow without their knowledge and consent. Do you ever wonder why it sometimes takes two minutes of listening to a service rep that may tape a conversation, before you can talk!? A courtesy?? NOT. It is, or attempts to be, a blanket legal prophylactic.

There are various combinations and permutations that involve, for example, multiple parties in multiple states, 3rd party listening by govt, etc., but now you get the basic and correct idea.

Close this thread...but leave it posted...the OP presented exactly as he should, an interesting App inclusive of a proper caveat, or fear. (Other than case law or famous examples of legal application, to add anything else muddies the waters and may confuse those that are, or should be, genuinely concerned.)

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 07:44 AM
    I think parrot for BlackBerry 10 records calls as well.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 07:56 AM
    As everyone else has already said, the legality varies depending on where you are. In Ohio, I'm perfectly ok to record my conversations without the other party knowing. I used to have an app on my Treo that would do just that, and it was GREAT for those times I'd call someone regarding an incident they might have been involved in (I'm a cop). You'd be amazed at how often people will admit to things over the phone or make statements implicating themselves that they later try to deny or change.

On a totally innocuous level, this would be a nice option if the wife called while I was driving to give me a list of items to purchase at the store. I wouldn't have to try to remember or scribble 'em down, I could just replay the convo once I arrived at the store and was parked. It's not always big brother and the evil black helicopters....
    CDN_Brat likes this.
    04-20-13 07:59 AM
    Perfectly legal in the UK to record your own calls. My first phone could do it (Moto Timeport 250), was the most useful feature ever.

Middle of a call, someone tells you an address or a phone number. Hold the button, let go, there's the voice note. A lifesaver when talking to terrible (insert company name, probably a telco) customer service, the type who say 'My colleague wouldn't have told you that...' until you play them the recording. It's a sadly-missed feature.

Best example was a dodgy manager of our local Enterprise car-hire who tried to keep my �500 deposit for no reason, and told his head office I'd been foul-mouthed and abusive on the phone - which they believed until I played the actual call to them. Money returned instantly.
    04-26-13 07:42 PM
    The line highlighted is correct. The other party doesn't need to be aware you are recording. Only one of the people involved needs to know the call is being recorded. So, if you're doing the recording you would obviously know the call is being recorded which satisfies the one party requirement.

I 100% guarantee that in Canada this is the way it works. It will stand up in court, too.
    In Canada, it depends on who is doing the recording. An individual may record calls that they are a party to without permission. Intercepting communications without permission of one of the parties is a Crminal Code offense (S.184, IIRC). However an organization, which is subject to PIPEDA (Privacy law) or one of the similar provincial privacy laws cannot record telephone calls because the act of recording will (or may) collect personal information and that cannot be done without the consent of the individual they are talking to.
    04-27-13 07:19 AM
    an individual may record discussions in which he/she is participating.
    04-27-13 08:49 AM
    Hey guys,

Try some Android apps..

What is the specific name of the app? There are a bunch of Android call recorders and a lot have differing reviews.
    04-29-13 05:22 PM
    I would like to know the name of the app as well.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 10:56 PM
    Not true in NJ, AFAIK. As long as one person knows they are recording the conversation, that's all that is legally needed.
    04-30-13 12:01 AM
    Here in Oklahoma you just record it. No need for consent. So of I record a conversation here, I don't need to ask anyone.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 07:46 AM
    This is working perfectly for me. Without speakerphone and records automatically.
    05-09-13 01:41 AM
    Manu T,

Points 1 & 2 you're wrong.

Sony-Ericsson (j2ME), nor Nokia S40 devices did not have this built in!! You had to install a java app to do this.

This was the case with K750/W800, W810, K790, K850, K300, etc. Check out ancient posts on Esato.com for proof. I've personally used all those device when they debuted so I know it's fact. Call Duplex was built in, not call recording.

I cannot recall the models of S40 I've used but I have used a few (6320?)

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 11:01 AM
    If you have STL-1001 model, you can try this one:
    BlackBerry World - Call Recorder
    08-01-13 09:23 PM
    Their is New Auto Call recorder called "Call Recorder 10" for BB10 OS works Great on my Z10 and Q10 . This is 1st app in the market which Really Works in the background as a service and Records calls Automatically, No need to Minimise app to start recording for both incoming and out going . Also Best Part No need to turn On Speaker to record , More Best Feature is No beak sound while recording also Unlimited length of record calls.

Call Recorder 10 - BlackBerry World

Hey guys,

Try some Android apps..

11-27-13 10:48 AM
26 12