I use my calendar for reminders etc and wondered about two questions. In bb7 I was able to accomplish these and i'm hoping they're possible in bb10! I don't mind purchasing an app or two

1) I like to take emails and throw them into my calendar quickly with a reminder. With hopefully as few steps as possible.

2) I'd like a custom snooze option that goes beyond 30 mins. For example remind me in 1 hour, 1 day, 1 week etc

I used to use ToDoMatrix and found it brilliant in the bb7 days for getting things accomplished.

Open to all advice appreciate any help
    Thanks CB
    M

Posted via CB10
    02-04-15 11:35 PM
    Calendar productivity questions-img_20150204_234104.png

Calendar productivity questions-img_20150204_234126.png

Calendar productivity questions-img_20150204_234153.png

Calendar productivity questions-img_20150204_234157.png

Calendar productivity questions-img_20150204_234202.png

Posted via CB10, Mostly from my Passport, occasionally my Z30
    02-04-15 11:43 PM
    Invite to meeting and then just take them out? Not a bad workaround

The snooze feature I mean when the alert happens...and for example I don't have an answer to the question and want it to remind me a day from now or something like that

Posted via CB10
    02-04-15 11:47 PM
    So, that was using Invite to Meeting (creates calendar entry with the email as a note), prepares any recipients of the email as Participants in the meeting (just tap them and hit the X to remove if you don't want them listed), tap the Calendar line (it has the multiple icons including the Bell reminder icon) to adjust "meeting" parameters, including Reminder options (I think it's 5 minutes thru 2 weeks). When you save, it gives you the option to notify/invite Participants - choose no if you don't want this sent as a calendar invite to the others on the original email (remember, you can delete them from the participant section anyway)

Don't get hung up on the word "Meeting" invite and this works great (set meeting length to zero or 5 minutes or whatever the minimum is, and set Status to Free! (free, busy, out of office, tentative )

ryeguyyyc, mmmac and deltact like this.
    02-04-15 11:54 PM
    Invite to meeting and then just take them out? Not a bad workaround

The snooze feature I mean when the alert happens...and for example I don't have an answer to the question and want it to remind me a day from now or something like that

Posted via CB10
    No reset available on snooze. BUT . . . Standby . . .

02-04-15 11:57 PM
    Take existing entry (one that occured yesterday in my case and you want to snooze (Follow Up button on BB10) it to tomorrow.
    Calendar productivity questions-img_20150204_235822.png

Calendar productivity questions-img_20150204_235831.png
    Now just adjust dates/times/reminders and it's done!
    Calendar productivity questions-img_20150204_235845.png

02-05-15 12:02 AM
    Tapping follow up basically recreates the entry for the next day, then you edit it as necessary.

02-05-15 12:04 AM
    The result (I didn't edit anything):

Calendar productivity questions-img_20150205_000550.png

Calendar productivity questions-img_20150205_000608.png

02-05-15 12:07 AM
    Can you follow up on the alert/reminder screen? If so that'd definitely work for me!

Posted via CB10
    02-05-15 12:15 AM
    Never tried it, I use my alerts 1 hour in advance. Do a test with a generic email from your hub, do Invite to meeting, set Reminder to At Start and see what happens! Worst case the Follow Up button isn't there, close then re-open and it will be there and you can set the next step. Grab a screen shot when the reminder goes off and share it here, along with whatever your next steps end up being.
    Okay - I just tried it:

Attachment 331916
    Tapped "View Event" instead of snooze, got this below, notice Follow Up icon

Attachment 331917
    02-05-15 12:25 AM
    That was a solid response by DocDRM. I'm happy I viewed this thread since I learned some new things.

Here's another method that you can use:
    - In the hub, flag an email that you want to set a reminder for.
    - Once flagged, the email will appear as an item in the Remember app in the 'Flagged Messages' folder.
    - This new item will have the subject of the email as its title and will have the email as an attachment that you can click and view.
    - The item can now be edited with a due date and/or reminder.

Calendar productivity questions-img_20150205_065730.png

- Adding a reminder will only set an alarm so the item will not appear in your calendar. However, adding a due date means the item appears in your calendar.

Calendar productivity questions-img_20150205_070953.png

The following points should be noted with this method though:
    - Snooze for the reminder/alarm is automatically set to the same snooze interval as that of the Calendar app and cannot be changed unless you go into the settings of the Calendar app and adjust its default universal snooze interval. However, changing the default snooze interval also changes it for all future items you create.
    - There is also no 'Follow Up' option like the one in DocDRM's method. You would have to click on the item in the Remember or Calendar app to manually readjust the due date or alarm.

DocDRM's method definitely has more functionality and customization options, but the one I noted above is good if you just want to have an email appear in your calendar as a to-do item and not as a meeting.

Posted via CB10
    howards, DocDRM and deltact like this.
    02-05-15 08:39 AM
    2) I'd like a custom snooze option that goes beyond 30 mins. For example remind me in 1 hour, 1 day, 1 week etc
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...30-min-993886/
    02-05-15 12:32 PM
    That was a solid response by DocDRM. I'm happy I viewed this thread since I learned some new things.

Here's another method that you can use:

Posted via CB10
    Another great option, which is superior in many cases.

Both methods could use some polish in the OS:

Invite to Meeting on email popout menu should be replaced with Create Calendar Entry or Add To Calendar with subs of Invite to Meeting, Create Appointment, Add Task, Add To Do ( with appropriate following sub-menus/options.

"Flag" should not just create a Reminder entry that is often difficult to locate by leaving Hub, opening Remember, opening Flagged Messages folder then hoping I remember the email subject line (they're alphabetical not by date - but that's fixed by my next suggestion), it should immediately take me to the item in the remember app so I can set the options immediately.

I'm sure there are many other steps along the way in each case that can be tweaked. For example Invite to Meeting might be better titled Create Meeting which can auto-add email addressees as is currently the case, while Create Appointment shouldn't add the email addressees. I'd like to see each of these choices allow me to Add Resources - which would be document links, PowerPoint links, photo links ( all these links either my phone or Cloud or via File Manager in general), weblinks, etc that I'd like to gather into one space that makes them quickly accessible for my meeting.

Add Task and Add To Do can both still invoke Remember App, but auto selects appropriate choices in the app.

Lots of other good tweaks, I'm sure.

ryeguyyyc and e4diesel like this.
    02-05-15 01:24 PM
    <snip tons>
    Lots of other good tweaks, I'm sure.
    Yes, some excellent ideas you have.
    02-21-15 01:23 PM