Hi

I noticed that I somehow can not get the lock screen to show me my calendar notifications as they should be.

Having an appointment the same day it often just shows ' next event' with the duration, no description etc.
    I noticed that ones I unlocked the devices, and the lock it again, it will show the detailed information on my lock screen.

As of now I can not use the lock screen as a reliable source of quick calendar notification. Does anybody have similar issues, or is there some way to solve this inconvenience?

Posted via CB10
    06-16-15 06:04 AM
    I remember a few users posting a while ago saying that if you use BlackBerry Protect to display a message on your lockscreen it sometimes fixes lockscreen bugs, it might be worth a shot!
    06-16-15 11:33 AM
    I remember a few users posting a while ago saying that if you use BlackBerry Protect to display a message on your lockscreen it sometimes fixes lockscreen bugs, it might be worth a shot!
    Thanks for the info.

I wonder how BlackBerry Protect displays a message on my lock screen.....I thought it is 'just' a backup/ find your phone app.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-15 11:43 AM
    Thanks for the info.

I wonder how BlackBerry Protect displays a message on my lock screen.....I thought it is 'just' a backup/ find your phone app.

Posted via CB10
    Enable BlackBerry Protect on the device and then go to the BlackBerry Protect website https://protect.blackberry.com/ and there's an option to "Display a Message"
    06-16-15 11:57 AM
    It's because you have a device password/picture password set. For privacy reasons, it doesn't show a lot of information. Try removing your password and see if you still have that problem.

Posted via CB10
    hplovecraft likes this.
    06-16-15 11:59 AM
    Set a password for your device, lock it, then unlock with your password. Notifications will be back.
    06-16-15 12:08 PM
    thanks for the hints!

So yes I have a password to lock the screen. I have the screen setting such that even when the screen is locked I can see messages... only the calendar infos are kinda cut.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-15 01:17 PM
    So it seems I either have a password protected phone without the ability to see my appointments with a quick glance at the lock screen -- or no password but I can use the quick glance feature.

Kinda stupid not to have it as an option (as actually in the settings indicated)

Posted via CB10
    06-16-15 01:25 PM
    So it seems I either have a password protected phone without the ability to see my appointments with a quick glance at the lock screen -- or no password but I can use the quick glance feature.

Kinda stupid not to have it as an option (as actually in the settings indicated)

Posted via CB10
    Well.. thought exactly the same about a year or two ago.. eventually I started to live with it, because I can see there is an event upcoming.. just don't know which one.

Give it a thought what is more important to you, for now I'm glad I could help.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-15 03:42 PM
    Well.. thought exactly the same about a year or two ago.. eventually I started to live with it, because I can see there is an event upcoming.. just don't know which one.

Give it a thought what is more important to you, for now I'm glad I could help.

Posted via CB10
    At least now I know what's the reason for the different displaying of appointments.

I for sure will not get rid of my password ;-)

Posted via CB10
    06-16-15 04:29 PM