How do I change calendar invites from being "local" to my synched "iCalendar" so the calendar event not only shows up "locally" on my BB Passport but also in my calendar on my desktop? For every invite, I currently have to add another event but save it as an iCalendar event but then I'll have two events (one local and one iCalendar), after which I have to delete the "local"....there should be an option to change to which "calendar" a calendar invite is added....must be a way around this but I can't find it...
    01-18-16 10:36 PM
    ... Calendar → Settings → Meeting Invitation Settings.

BlackBerry 10, Passport signed.
    01-18-16 11:02 PM
    I presume you mean "System Settings" - "Accounts" - "Select Default Accounts" and then "Calendar", but this is only for SENDING invites, not receiving them. There doesn't seem to be an option to change the incoming invites from "local" to iCalendar.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-16 11:25 PM
    Why would you do something completely different to what I said? From the Calendar app Settings you should find this screen:
    Calendar invites - change from "local" to iCalendar-qwertyu.jpg
    It tells you which of your email accounts can receive and write Invites.

What type of sync'ed email account are you receiving these invites on? As far as I can tell, any email account that you have a sync'ed Calendar for will create Events on that sync'ed calendar (e.g. Invites received on Gmail will write to Gmail calendar, events received on Outlook will write to Outlook calendar).

The only way it defaults to Local, is if the email account you receive the invite on does not have its own Calendar.
    N.B: if you assign an email to the top option from my Screenshot, it will default to the Local calendar as well.

I think your best bet would be to set that Local option to "None", and see if that changes anything for you.

BlackBerry 10, Passport signed.
    01-19-16 07:50 AM