It is simply unfathomable to me how the current dot and square design got the OK stamp. Is there anyone that likes this system and design? Certainly not anyone that tries to be productive.

The green highlight cursor rendering the green shapes invisible is a dandy touch too.

Has there been any confirmation BB will be addressing this poorly thought out calendar design?

They need to bring back BBOS calendar design as that was the best.
    01-20-15 06:58 AM
    many complaints if you search through the forums. I think most of us just use agenda
    Norg likes this.
    01-20-15 07:31 AM
    I hate to say it but it's true the calendar app is really annoying nowadays. I despise the forced scrolling, I despise the green colour scheme, I find the boxes extremely hard to see, how when you click on a day it loads a huge area to show the schedule for that day, even if it's completely empty!
    ciaoenrico likes this.
    01-20-15 10:12 AM
    I am honestly amazed somebody has approved the new Calendar in 10.3.1. I hope the person (or Team) responsible for it is not responsible for anything else at BlackBerry!
    Warios likes this.
    01-20-15 12:59 PM
    I am really disappointed as well with the new Calendar. I am completely baffled how this piece of software could make it's way into the final OS!

Seriously, what was wrong with the 10.2.1 monthly view? You had bars where you could at least indicate what kind of an appointment you had, when and which time you could clock new appointments. With 10.3.1? We have to select each single day to check what's really going on.
    I do not know how these stupid circles and boxes can be more productive vs. the (even though they're small) bars we had until now.

I've attached the same screenshots elsewhere, first same Calendar, events and month on 10.2.1, second on 10.3.1. Only color codings and themes are different.
    Is the Calendar going to be fixed or changed, its currently horrible.-img_20150120_203139.png
    Is the Calendar going to be fixed or changed, its currently horrible.-img_20150120_203239.png

Hopefully not double-typed with my Q10
    01-20-15 02:12 PM
    I can't begin to tell you how much I loath the monthly view on the Passport, which I use almost exclusively. Either I can see the whole month or I can see the schedule. Every time I touch a new date it hides the calendar and shows the schedule, regardless if it's empty or not. It is difficult and cumbersome to use, in particular if all I want is to look at the calendar. Is it so difficult to fathom that if I am using the monthly view I actually want to see the whole month at all times not just the one week I am currently in. Did someone really think it was an improvement to essentially make the monthly, weekly, and daily views the same as each other. Why can I not choose to switch between the schedule and the calendar on my own, why for the love of god does it have to do it every time I try to move through the calendar. Seriously, did no one actually realize that a user might actually like to flip through the calendar.

Honestly, I find it to be complete garbage and cringe every time I have to use it. Constantly having to hide the schedule to see the calendar again is highly aggravating. Garbage. I hope the person (or Team) responsible for it is shown the door as they should really be ashamed of this.

Anyone at BlackBerry listening? Give me back the old calendar style and fix the crappy monthly view that works like a daily view. If I want the other views I am more than capable of switching between them.
    Last edited by Mirk; 01-20-15 at 02:27 PM.
    01-20-15 02:15 PM
    As shown in the previous screen shot, you can't even tell which one is today (there are two almost same color boxes). And, don't even mention that awful large circle. I just wonder why it has to be so big that half of it goes past the menu bar. Just amazing!
    01-20-15 02:18 PM
    Is the Calendar going to be fixed or changed, its currently horrible.-img_20150120_165310.png
    What a waste of screen space
    01-20-15 03:53 PM
    Looks prettier, but most of the functionality is gone. I'm so frustrated every time I use it.

Posted via CB10 on Passport.
    01-20-15 04:42 PM
    Upset that they will not be making the calendar more functional in 10.3.1. This is really the one feature on BB10 that I loath. It drives me nuts. Those colored dots look hideous. What use are those if one is colorblind!

Anyone know any good 3rd party apps that integrate Reminder.?

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 05:17 PM
    Calendar and contacts since the start of BB10 have been crap. BB7 was better. I too cannot understand how a productive OS can be so poor with calendar and contacts.
    What an amazing PITA it is to type in a new contact!! Especially when you try to add country codes and I keep having to add fields. Why can't they just be there? Scroll down and add as needed? I'm tired of both. I add contacts and appointments via outlook as its just too much effort in 10.3.1.
    The software guys really need to work on this. Come on JC, you must use both daily and can't possibly think either is any good. I love BlackBerry otherwise. But calendar and contacts need serious work, not a refresh.

Posted via CB10
    mousky, Mr4aces and flyingsolid like this.
    01-20-15 06:39 PM
    I can't understand why so many people get their panties in a bunch because of visual appearance? Does the calender allow you to add edit and delete appointments? If the answer is yes, then what's it matter what it appears like?
    ZEDTROSPEKTIV likes this.
    01-20-15 06:50 PM
    I can't understand why so many people get their panties in a bunch because of visual appearance? Does the calender allow you to add edit and delete appointments? If the answer is yes, then what's it matter what it appears like?
    Dude we explained in depth the issues we have with it. Most aren't about appearance... it's about functionality, as we explained. For one the month view is very problematic and could use some refining.
    mousky likes this.
    01-20-15 06:57 PM
    Yeah, the new calendar sucks! No idea what they were thinking.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 08:46 PM
    It matters if your life is complex enough that you organize things with multiple calendars and email addresses. Being able to get a quick overview of the day from Month view can be very important.

Posted via CB10 on Passport.
    01-20-15 09:14 PM
    Seriously?
    Really?
    Using your argument, one can also say why keep improving Twitter for BB10? You can tweet and read. Same for Facebook.
    For some people here good PIM software is pretty important. Believe it or not, even on BlackBerry there are still people who like good productivity and rather have a great Calendar and Contact service than a native Instagram or Snapchat app.

Posted via CB10
    muindor, flyingsolid and mousky like this.
    01-21-15 08:06 AM
    Seriously?
    Really?
    Using your argument, one can also say why keep improving Twitter for BB10? You can tweet and read. Same for Facebook.
    For some people here good PIM software is pretty important. Believe it or not, even on BlackBerry there are still people who like good productivity and rather have a great Calendar and Contact service than a native Instagram or Snapchat app.

Posted via CB10
    Couldn't say it in a better way.

The way it appears gives you the way how to use it.

EG. I wouldn't go on a safari in Africa with a sports car. I would take an SUV. Therefore there's the 'Jeep'. Jeep = Safari, driving in mud...

BlackBerry = productivity, efficiency and now with the classic declared as a business phone believe it or not: it's a business phone. What do people need for business: a good calendar to easily and quickly manage appointments, meetings, leasure,.... short: organise the time.

Meaning: Crappy calendar = will get dusty because you need a good calendar.

01-21-15 08:16 AM
    Sorry for double post..

The only thing to discuss is who defines what's Crappy and what not.
    In this case I would recommend to BlackBerry that they'll provide the option to switch to what you prefer.
    So either the appearance of the new style or the Calendar of 10.2.1. That would solve the problem and doesn't squash everyone into one bubble.
    01-21-15 08:19 AM
    What's horrible in this amazing BB10 OS Calendar app?

₱asaporte₱ilipinasSQW100-1/10.3.1.2072
    01-21-15 08:25 AM
    Seriously?
    Really?

Posted via CB10
    Well said! Hub and Calendar are the two main things that separates BB10 with other platforms, and gives it an advantage (for me). You start messing those up, and you will be left with .... (you can fill the blank!).
    01-21-15 08:34 AM
    The calendar is a complete joke in 10.3, and its quite bad in 10.2.

For a phone for professionals, they really dropped the ball.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-15 03:11 AM
    What does it matter to you if people find it ineffective? If it works for you that is great for you! If you are a decision maker at blackberry then listen to your (few) customers as I'm sure you would like the modifications people recommend on here.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-15 03:14 AM
    What's horrible in this amazing BB10 OS Calendar app?

₱asaporte₱ilipinasSQW100-1/10.3.1.2072
    You haven't tried the Calendar in 10.3.1, have you? Or if you have, you never saw the one in 10.2.1, did you?
    flyingsolid likes this.
    01-22-15 04:14 AM
    The older style is definitely much, much better.
    Why can't they shift the numbers over and use more vertical bars to represent various event types.
    Attachment 329120

These are better also I feel.
    Is the Calendar going to be fixed or changed, its currently horrible.-monthly-view.png

Is the Calendar going to be fixed or changed, its currently horrible.-blackberry-6-calendar_in_month.jpg

Is the Calendar going to be fixed or changed, its currently horrible.-pi_month_view2_thumb.jpg
    Taigatrommel and flyingsolid like this.
    01-23-15 09:43 AM
    Just coming to bb10 from a 9900. The 9900 calendar functionality, speedy ease of use was vastly superior to this abomination. Function over form. Looking forward to an improvement BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    SoCalRedbird likes this.
    01-23-15 09:59 AM
109 123 ...