Is there way to "extend" the time range that the Calendar looks at to display upcoming events? I'm talking about two views: in the Hub, it says "No more events today or tomorrow," and the Active Pane just says today's date and "No upcoming events." I have an event on my calendar for next Wednesday 7/22 that I'd like to see in either or both of these places effective now. Can I make that happen?

Posted via CB10 on Passport
    07-18-15 12:34 AM
    Is there way to "extend" the time range that the Calendar looks at to display upcoming events? I'm talking about two views: in the Hub, it says "No more events today or tomorrow," and the Active Pane just says today's date and "No upcoming events." I have an event on my calendar for next Wednesday 7/22 that I'd like to see in either or both of these places effective now. Can I make that happen?

Not that I can see from the Settings, but maybe someone else knows better.

Posted with my  Classic
    07-18-15 03:39 AM
    I say this for years. It's a missing view. The user needs a view that displays a number of upcoming events regardless of when they are in future ordered by time. The user should be able to configure this number. (Note: the term "number" means indeed a concrete number, not a concrete time span. This is important.) And this view should also be scrollable, forward and backward.

This would reduce the need of reminders to zero. Reminders are in my eyes a wrong concept. They appear when you don't need them and after this they are gone. And when you really need one you don't get one. Such a view would permanently be present, in the Calendar app and especially in the Hub. You see always and permanently those events which are most interesting. The top most event could be highlighted or colored or blinking when it gets imminent. This view would also include the today's agenda view completely, the agenda would get obsolete.
    07-18-15 04:59 AM
    I say this for years. It's a missing view. The user needs a view that displays a number of upcoming events regardless of when they are in future ordered by time. The user should be able to configure this number. (Note: the term "number" means indeed a concrete number, not a concrete time span. This is important.) And this view should also be scrollable, forward and backward.

This would reduce the need of reminders to zero. Reminders are in my eyes a wrong concept. They appear when you don't need them and after this they are gone. And when you really need one you don't get one. Such a view would permanently be present, in the Calendar app and especially in the Hub. You see always and permanently those events which are most interesting. The top most event could be highlighted or colored or blinking when it gets imminent. This view would also include the today's agenda view completely, the agenda would get obsolete.
    My MAN. That's EXACTLY what I'm talking about! For as much as BlackBerry touts "productivity," not being able to visually represent what you're being productive TOWARD is a huge oversight.

Anyone know of a third party calendar app that integrates with Hub that CAN offer that kind of functionality?

07-18-15 04:35 PM
    Anyone know of a third party calendar app that integrates with Hub that CAN offer that kind of functionality?
    No. There's an app in BB World which provides at least a weekly overview, but this is not the same and it also lacks a lot of functionality.

I posted the above idea to "I can make it better" long ago. But this site is closed now. I don't know if somebody important did ever understand the concept behind.

My idea is based on the so called Today themes of the older BBOS world. I had Today themes for years on my Curve, permanently showing me the next upcoming events on the background of my screen. The fact, that I can't have this anymore, is a great (!) loss of productivity compared to my older devices.
    07-19-15 02:12 AM