I use them too. But I don't want buttons for settings taking up space when all I want to do is read my messages.
    Well, I can't argue with that.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-17 06:47 PM
    Every Android phone I've used or seen in use has a massive pile of junk on the screen when pulling down the notifications.

As for the productivity tab, I don't care how small it is, it's an unnecessary UI element that only exists due to the limitations of Android (such as swipe up from the bottom). Android encourages developers to slather the screen in these little bubbles or razor thin lines as a workaround to good design. Some call it convenient, others call it clutter.
    I have only my active services in the drop-down which on bb10 i'd have to keep in an active frame.

You can disable the productivity tab and all the bubbles - as I did. The lack of swipe up is not a limitation, it's a design philosophy.

This is something I still don't understand. The only difference between bb and android for accessing the 'recent' or 'active windows' or whatever that area is called, is a swipe-up gesture versus a touch of an omnipresent square symbol. How are these 2 gestures so monumentally different?

Posted via CB10
    02-13-17 07:02 PM
    Every Android phone I've used or seen in use has a massive pile of junk on the screen when pulling down the notifications.

As for the productivity tab, I don't care how small it is, it's an unnecessary UI element that only exists due to the limitations of Android .
    Well, any BlackBerry, Nexus, or Pixel device has pull down once for notifications, and pull down twice for quick settings.

Productivity tab is one of many ways to peek or open the HUB. You can use it, or the HUB icon, or swipe up from the bottom, or use a widget, or use the convenience key. Whatever works. And with BlackBerry Nougat, there will be an always-on HUB on the left home screen (not just a widget).
    02-13-17 07:13 PM
    Well, any BlackBerry, Nexus, or Pixel device has pull down once for notifications, and pull down twice for quick settings.

Productivity tab is one of many ways to peek or open the HUB. You can use it, or the HUB icon, or swipe up from the bottom, or use a widget, or use the convenience key. Whatever works. And with BlackBerry Nougat, there will be an always-on HUB on the left home screen (not just a widget).
    Conite, are you affiliated with Google in some fashion?

Posted via CB10
    02-13-17 09:04 PM
    Conite, are you affiliated with Google in some fashion?

Posted via CB10
    Because I like BlackBerry Android?
    02-13-17 09:08 PM
    I like BlackBerry Android too, so does Bla1ze and Kevin. We all must be affiliated to Google.

Maybe Bla1ze and Kevin are? Hmmmm...
    anon(9803228) likes this.
    02-13-17 09:15 PM
    In the end it's all about preference.

My preference is that if BB10 had all the apps that Google/Android does; BB10 is far more superior than Android OS!

Desire to become a human lie detector? Join The KUQO Group at C002EFE5D and learn how to never be lied to again.
    02-13-17 09:31 PM
    Because I like BlackBerry Android?
    You dodged my question, but I'll play along.

I'm just curious. You're obviously educated, and you're obviously a Google fan, but it's the fans that can tell you exactly what's wrong with something.....and almost always do. I've driven BMW's for 20 years. I love them. Because of that (not in spite of) I can tell you every way in which BMW's are terrible and don't measure up to a Mercedes (and vice versa), and yet, I still choose to drive BMW's.

Even the most avid Blackberry Fanboys on this forum will acknowledge and comment on the shortcomings of bb10.

However, I don't recall you ever posting a single negative comment about Google, their products, services, or they way in which they conduct business.

Surely you take issue with some of Google's products, services and/or business practices? Perhaps you can elaborate for us on what those issues are?

Posted via CB10
    ssbtech likes this.
    02-13-17 09:41 PM
    In the end it's all about preference.

My preference is that if BB10 had all the apps that Google/Android does; BB10 is far more superior than Android OS!

Desire to become a human lie detector? Join The KUQO Group at C002EFE5D and learn how to never be lied to again.
    Yeah, IF BB10 had all the apps Android does I would still be on BB10 and probably never leave.
    02-13-17 09:42 PM
    Yeah, IF BB10 had all the apps Android does I would still be on BB10 and probably never leave.
    Which goes to show OS to OS (app availability aside) BB10 is better preferred by BlackBerry users.

Which may not be much to say but it's worth noting!

02-13-17 09:56 PM
    Which goes to show OS to OS (app availability aside) BB10 is better preferred by BlackBerry users.

Which may not be much to say but it's worth noting!

Tough thing to hang one's hat on, as app availability arguably is the most important aspect of any OS.
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    02-13-17 10:04 PM
    [QUOTE=JSmith422;12763994]

Even the most avid Blackberry Fanboys on this forum will acknowledge and comment on the shortcomings of bb10.

LOL. Are you serious?
    02-13-17 10:05 PM
    Surely you take issue with some of Google's products, services and/or business practices? Perhaps you can elaborate for us on what those issues are?

Posted via CB10
    I believe I'm getting at least as much from Google as I'm giving up. That's why I choose to use Google apps and services. This includes being comfortable enough with its ToS. It's as simple as that for me.

I use BlackBerry Android and BB10 on a daily basis. The latter more for supporting others around here - but I still like it.

The combination of MM and BlackBerry hardening/software has made it a more compelling solution for me than BB10.
    02-13-17 10:07 PM
    You can disable the productivity tab and all the bubbles - as I did. The lack of swipe up is not a limitation, it's a design philosophy.
    A design philosophy? No, it's a bunch of hipster designers who didn't come up with an idea that makes using the device so much simpler. I suppose in a way the lack of ingenuity could be accepted as a design philosophy but let's just call it what it is - they couldn't figure out how to do something refined, and we end up with an OS that disguises clutter as "customizable"
    02-13-17 10:50 PM
    You dodged my question, but I'll play along.

I'm just curious. You're obviously educated, and you're obviously a Google fan, but it's the fans that can tell you exactly what's wrong with something.....and almost always do. I've driven BMW's for 20 years. I love them. Because of that (not in spite of) I can tell you every way in which BMW's are terrible and don't measure up to a Mercedes (and vice versa), and yet, I still choose to drive BMW's.

However, I don't recall you ever posting a single negative comment about Google, their products, services, or they way in which they conduct business.

Posted via CB10
    How about Conite doesn't like their corny name change to Alphabet? (I'm reaching. If he likes "DTEK," then Alphabet is pretty good.)

Posted via CB10
    02-13-17 11:03 PM
    I believe I'm getting at least as much from Google as I'm giving up. That's why I choose to use Google apps and services. This includes being comfortable enough with its ToS. It's as simple as that for me.

I use BlackBerry Android and BB10 on a daily basis. The latter more for supporting others around here - but I still like it.

The combination of MM and BlackBerry hardening/software has made it a more compelling solution for me than BB10.
    If only there were a place for people that loved Google and loved talking about how superior Google and its Android OS are. Hmm... Could there be such a place?

Posted via CB10
    02-13-17 11:09 PM

Thanks Conite. Don't get me wrong, you're an asset to the forums....without a doubt.

Your answer was clever. It spun my direct question for a negative and turned it into yet another positive response for Google. That said, you still haven't answered either of my questions.

1.) Are you affiliated with Google in some fashion?

2.) Can you tell us what you don't like about Google and or Android?

Posted via CB10
    ssbtech likes this.
    02-13-17 11:13 PM
    Thanks Conite. Don't get me wrong, you're an asset to the forums....without a doubt.

Your answer was clever. It spun my direct question for a negative and turned it into yet another positive response for Google. That said, you still haven't answered either of my questions.

I've been watching the thread develop with some bemusement. Finally, we got the passive-aggressive "this forum isn't for you" thingie all the vets know and love. We even got the "are you paid by Google" -type question... it's been a while.

I won't presume to speak for Conite, but if I may, I'll make a couple of rudimentary observations:

* Enjoying BB10 and Android need not be mutually exclusive.

* Enjoying BB10 and acknowledging it's shortcoming -- as BBRY itself has -- is possible

* CrackBerry is all about being an open place.

Carry on, folks.
    02-13-17 11:25 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yes because a google affiliate really has the time to come to a subforum for a dead competitors OS to put it down. Is this for real?
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    02-13-17 11:27 PM
    Looks like we've shifted from discussing BB10 to going after a Crackberry ambassador. Time to move on.

/Closed
    Bbnivende likes this.
    02-13-17 11:33 PM
595 ... 222324