Why would it matter if playback on the TV display was a fraction of a second behind the phone? You're not trying to watch it on both screens at the same time, are you?
    It shouldn't be playing on both screens if it's being cast, the device casting becomes the media controller.
    02-13-17 09:21 AM
    OK broh. Got it.
    02-13-17 09:37 AM
    hopefully he was referring to A/V sync issues which can usually be resolved/adjusted on your tv or stereo. from bb10 you can use chrome/screen/miracast, wifi-direct, dlna or hdmi cable.. i wonder if one netflix instance can read the content saved by another..ie: fileshare

Posted via CBX
    02-13-17 10:05 AM
    hopefully he was referring to A/V sync issues which can usually be resolved/adjusted on your tv or stereo. from bb10 you can use chrome/screen/miracast, wifi-direct, dlna or hdmi cable.. i wonder if one netflix instance can read the content saved by another..ie: fileshare

Posted via CBX
    Netflix is capped at version 3.16.3 for BB10.

Only the current version supports the new feature.
    02-13-17 10:24 AM
    The only time I'd be watching Netflix on my phone is when I could be watching it on my PC or TV anyway, so frankly I've never watched an entire show on my phone.
    02-13-17 11:02 AM
    As far as me moving on from BB10, I did so last year during the holidays when all three of my BB10 devices either didn't work right or were lost / stolen. Now I sport two Android devices, one of which is my temporary VZW one as I await Mercury. The other is an LG V20 that over the weekend has frozen on me. I'll see if my new replacement battery works. Anyway. I've got my BlackBerry Classic as a backup. It's working again as one of my T-Mo devices, and I just updated it to 10.3.3. I'll enjoy it as long as I can. For me, Mercury is my future, and it will be my primary device for my business. I could have gotten a new Q10 instead of my Samsung Galaxy J3 V, but I chose Android because I can replicate as much of the BB10 experience as I can on Android. The Mercury hardware will make the ultimate BlackBerry Android experience for me, and I'm sure others will agree.
    02-13-17 12:53 PM
    What good is a solid app ecosystem if the OS being used to navigate to them (and serve as the basis for the design of the apps) is a fumbly mess?
    02-13-17 01:08 PM
    What good is a solid app ecosystem if the OS being used to navigate to them (and serve as the basis for the design of the apps) is a fumbly mess?
    One person's "fumbly mess" is another's triumph of customisability.
    02-13-17 01:23 PM
    Oh great, so it can be customized to look and behave like BB10? Swipes, peek/flow and everything?
    02-13-17 01:44 PM
    Oh great, so it can be customized to look and behave like BB10? Swipes, peek/flow and everything?
    Customizing is one thing. Changing it into something else entirely is another.
    02-13-17 01:58 PM
    Ah, so not really a triumph of customizability. More like you can clutter it up with irritating widgets and other junk that floats about the screen.
    02-13-17 02:17 PM
    Ah, so not really a triumph of customizability. More like you can clutter it up with irritating widgets and other junk that floats about the screen.
    You're assuming that mimicking BB10 represents some measure of success.
    02-13-17 02:20 PM
    In terms of UI usability, yes.

There's so much garbage crammed into the typical Android screen it's difficult to tell things apart.
    02-13-17 02:23 PM
    In terms of UI usability, yes.

There's so much garbage crammed into the typical Android screen it's difficult to tell things apart.
    If you don't like information at a glance, then feel free to make yours as simple as you wish. You can make it a plain grid of apps just like BB10.
    02-13-17 02:25 PM
    Tell me what possible need there is to have your brightness, network, Bluetooth and screen rotation buttons show up when you pull down your notification page?

All I want is a simple look into my emails/messages. If I want my settings, I'll go elsewhere for that. It's clutter, plain and simple.

Peek into the hub was brilliant on BB10.
    02-13-17 02:28 PM
    Or not if you don't want to. How is having the option a bad thing?
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    02-13-17 02:33 PM
    Tell me what possible need there is to have your brightness, network, Bluetooth and screen rotation buttons show up when you pull down your notification page?

All I want is a simple look into my emails/messages. If I want my settings, I'll go elsewhere for that. It's clutter, plain and simple.

Peek into the hub was brilliant on BB10.
    BB10 has the same style quick settings too.

Use your productivity tab to peek into your HUB, or calendar. Or put a HUB widget on your home screen.
    02-13-17 02:38 PM
    Or not if you don't want to. How is having the option a bad thing?
    Exactly.
    02-13-17 02:52 PM
    Yes it does, but I don't have to go near them to look at my messages.

Use your productivity tab to peek into your HUB, or calendar.
    A perfect example of stuff floating around on the screen cluttering up the interface.
    02-13-17 05:06 PM
    Yes it does, but I don't have to go near them to look at my messages.

A perfect example of stuff floating around on the screen cluttering up the interface.
    But you only pull down once to see notifications, and twice to see the quick settings.

Productivity Tab is a razor thin line on the left or right side of the screen. What's floating? Disable it if you want, but it's very useful.
    02-13-17 05:12 PM
    Oh come on... those are optional and you are exaggerating. You can have 0 gadgets and disable all peeks and gimmicks. In the end, the biggest difference between a properly customized android and a bb10 is the way you handle background apps and the settings menu.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-17 05:52 PM

Use your productivity tab to peek into your HUB, or calendar. Or put a HUB widget on your home screen.
    I think he just misses the Nokia 3310. Very simple to use right OTB, no need to waste time customizing the look and feel of the OS or apps and no silly distractions such as e-mail or banking apps. Remember: phones not toys.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-17 05:59 PM
    I use all of those. I turn brightness down when reading something just before going to bed. I turn off Wi-Fi and data services when I want to take a break of when on roaming, I turn off Bluetooth when I want to switch to another phone in the car. I usually keep rotation off, but I turn it on when viewing photos or videos. And I really appreciate it I don't have to go through 10 menus for each action. Silly me....

Posted via CB10
    02-13-17 06:05 PM
    I use all of those. I turn brightness down when reading something just before going to bed. I turn off Wi-Fi and data services when I want to take a break of when on roaming, I turn off Bluetooth when I want to switch to another phone in the car. I usually keep rotation off, but I turn it on when viewing photos or videos. And I really appreciate it I don't have to go through 10 menus for each action. Silly me....

Posted via CB10
    I use them too. But I don't want buttons for settings taking up space when all I want to do is read my messages.
    02-13-17 06:29 PM
    But you only pull down once to see notifications, and twice to see the quick settings.

Productivity Tab is a razor thin line on the left or right side of the screen. What's floating? Disable it if you want, but it's very useful.
    Every Android phone I've used or seen in use has a massive pile of junk on the screen when pulling down the notifications.

As for the productivity tab, I don't care how small it is, it's an unnecessary UI element that only exists due to the limitations of Android (such as swipe up from the bottom). Android encourages developers to slather the screen in these little bubbles or razor thin lines as a workaround to good design. Some call it convenient, others call it clutter.
    02-13-17 06:45 PM
595 ... 21222324