Hi,
    I couldn't go along with my Galaxy S3mini more than 6month, I sold it and are back with my "old"? Blackberry 9780 but I like it very much. Now I'm into buying the Q10 but of course worried also about the Security since I've read about Blackberry goes Android !?
    Yes and No…!?
    Opens up to malware, bugs a.s.o. or what ? I really hope and believe this not the case.
    Please what is your take on this???
    1. BlackBerry going to be the First Ever #1 Seller with a secure Android OS because "Knox" is not finished ????
    2."BlackBerry take over" (BlackBerry/Android) I really Hope and believe so but until then maybe end of this year or so when 2-3 updates are released or more updates???
    3. I can buy Now the Q10 because I believe it's a high quality machine and then wait with updates. It's sounds stupid maybe but my Carrier here in Philippines might not sell Q10 for ever.
    3. Maybe better to wait with upgrades/updates until finished 2-3 updates more.
    4. If you are concerned about Security what should you do??
    5. I understand that BlackBerry has to work together with Android sooner than later because the devices has to start selling. Enterprise services ok. but for the rest of us?? will BlackBerry keep up with security ? I'm Not sure of that cause it's going to be complicated with Android which is known for an OPEN OS to all Malware and bad things.
    RGDS<me
    01-30-14 09:11 PM
    I think you will be fine. It's not the android OS that's running, just the runtime. If you don't want it install Android apps you don't have to.
    BB10 is what is running on the phone.
    02-02-14 10:52 AM
    Agreed, no issues with Android on the BlackBerry 10 as it runs in its own secure container. Also, Android apps Do Not and cannot run in the Work Space of the BlackBerry which is key for the Enterprise.

I know, I'm a BES Admin and work closely with our Security Team and BlackBerry discussing these concerns.

Posted via CB10
    roderik745 likes this.
    02-02-14 11:03 AM
    Ok. thank you for that, I'm with you. cause I read the following down below and was thinking what the heck is going on?? anyway thats why I'm here to vent this a little.
    read this please:
    However, it also opens up what is considered to be the most secure mobile platform to vulnerabilities that could come embedded in unverified Android apps.
    It is surprising why the company did not decide to open a curated Android app store of its own, as that would have given it the ability to keep out risky software. What is really revolutionary is the fact that a platform that prides itself as being the most secure now lets you install software made for the platform that is notorious as being the most insecure.

Thank you.
    02-03-14 07:06 AM
    Ok. thank you for that, I'm with you. cause I read the following down below and was thinking what the heck is going on?? anyway thats why I'm here to vent this a little.
    read this please:
    However, it also opens up what is considered to be the most secure mobile platform to vulnerabilities that could come embedded in unverified Android apps.
    It is surprising why the company did not decide to open a curated Android app store of its own, as that would have given it the ability to keep out risky software. What is really revolutionary is the fact that a platform that prides itself as being the most secure now lets you install software made for the platform that is notorious as being the most insecure.

Thank you.
    Fear not, Android apps run in a Sandbox. Always look at the permissions required to run the app. If however don't like them, then delete the app.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.1925 O2 UK
    roderik745 likes this.
    02-03-14 01:22 PM