Lots do. Hence the plan to get every iPhone when it comes out. I actually have never met anyone that uses two together, but I know they are out there. I have had my Q10 for over 2 years and will probably keep it for a bit. Although, I really want to get the Priv at some point so I can use some apps I am missing out on.

Posted via CB10
    I always buy business BlackBerry phones off-contract. I have the Passport since last year September 2014.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 04:37 PM
    I think only full touch or only keyboard smartphone devices (Without touch capabilities and combinations) are so primative, old fashioned, old school and outdated now since late 2000 till 2009 era in any mobile communities.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Ginowine; 11-08-15 at 07:13 PM.
    11-07-15 04:54 PM
    A new twist is Chen recent statement in Fox Business television, saying that they are going to release a range of new products. I imagine at least one of these will be a BB10 device.
    This suggests in going support got BB10 for at least the next two years, and that also means android runtime support.

This makes me more inclined to make Cobalt's solution work and hope BlackBerry can keep the runtime support more current than that have to this point. Long shot but I love BB10.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 06:49 PM
    A new twist is Chen recent statement in Fox Business television, saying that they are going to release a range of new products. I imagine at least one of these will be a BB10 device.
    This suggests in going support got BB10 for at least the next two years, and that also means android runtime support.

This makes me more inclined to make Cobalt's solution work and hope BlackBerry can keep the runtime support more current than that have to this point. Long shot but I love BB10.

Posted via CB10
    How does it imply that they will keep the Android Runtime?

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 07:02 PM

Posted via CB10
    Why do you imagine at least one BB10 device?
    11-07-15 09:34 PM
    How does it imply that they will keep the Android Runtime?

Posted via CB10
    Well why would they get rid of it? It has been a part of BB10 and I font see why they would suddenly stop supporting Android apps on their OS.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 09:35 PM

Posted via CB10
    I just watched the interview.
    You have quite the imagination.
    11-07-15 11:56 PM
    Well why would they get rid of it? It has been a part of BB10 and I font see why they would suddenly stop supporting Android apps on their OS.

Posted via CB10
    I just wonder since there has been no update of the current runtime (and it's been over 2 years). And some have suggested that they will have to drop it in BB10 if they joined the alliance to use Google stuff for the Priv.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 05:44 AM
    I just wonder since there has been no update of the current runtime (and it's been over 2 years). And some have suggested that they will have to drop it in BB10 if they joined the alliance to use Google stuff for the Priv.

Posted via CB10
    Well, I think they have updated it but not near enough.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 05:33 PM
    Why do you imagine at least one BB10 device?
    Well, I thought that would be a save assumption being all their hardware runs in the BB10 IS and they haven't announced plans to end the production of BB10 phones. Seems a safe bet.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 05:35 PM
    I just watched the interview.
    You have quite the imagination.
    Well what do you infer from his comments?

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 05:41 PM
    Well, I thought that would be a save assumption being all their hardware runs in the BB10 IS and they haven't announced plans to end the production of BB10 phones. Seems a safe bet.

Posted via CB10
    Of course they have not announced the end of production of the BB10 phones.
    They have inventory to clear.
    sigh...
    11-08-15 07:11 PM
    Well what do you infer from his comments?

Posted via CB10
    Best news coverage money can buy.
    Chen should have received a hot damp towel after that kind of service.

1:35 John Legere is my frenemy.

2:24 App gap is not solvable with BB10 so we have to go android.

2:51 We couldn't wait for the other carriers so we went with AT&T.
    We desperately hope the others come on board before its too late.

3:10 I won't let you label this a hail Mary, but how we proceed will be dictated by the market.
    Dunt Dunt DUHHH!
    I can't say its do or die because that will effect sales.
    Sure we will introduce more phones if Priv brings home the bacon.

3:19 I grimace when I fib.
    Last edited by DrBoomBotz; 11-09-15 at 09:40 PM.
    11-08-15 07:17 PM
    You just prove the point why BB went Android.
    Cobalt is a not a solution. It doesn't FIX it but do anything other than bypass the functionality. As someone said, not everyone wants to sit there and apply patches and then anytime something is updated go back and apply patches again.

Yes duct tape can hold together stuff and can fix some things but in a lot of case duct tape doesn't work.
    It is usually meant to temporarily fix it until you can find a proper solution.

Right now Android is a solution.
    Boom! Touchdown right there!!!

BB10 is Dead
    11-08-15 08:11 PM
    To be honest I do not understand why the need for Google Play Services? What is it you really need it for just wondering? I have Google Maps on my Passport and can install APK's from Snap, Google Play store or anywhere else on the Web you can find APK'S. I can access many apps via the web and by this means they have no way of tracking me. If you have a BlackBerry your here cause of Privacy and that is the trade off.

When you think I don't have this app and I have to steal it from the Google play store and it wants Google Play Services but it's still runs, yes but this app may not be running like on an Android ducking your battery and resources from your phone.

At first it bothered me quit a bit but my calendar, contacts and emails all sync with Google or Gmail and I don't skip a beat. Notifications of appointments pop up on my android tablet from creation on my Passport/Gmail calendar. Perhaps there is a particular app that you need that you can't live without like Snap-Chat? Maybe you need a kids phone, I mean iPhone lol. Seriously this BlackBerry Passport is the shizit! For me but if I had to I would get the Priv.

John Chen just said that he will never give up the handset division. Surprised to hear that bold statement but he did.
    Buying Priv because of lack of Google play services on BB10-img_20151109_091806.jpg

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 08:18 AM
    Well... I use the Kijiji app weekly and I can't use it without Google play services. That's a weekly annoyance because I have to ask to borrow my wife's android phone.

That's just one app. I've had to erase a few other apps because of GPS as well. The reality is too, that Google is pressuring app makers to make use of GPS increasingly because it gives control of the apps back to Google.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 08:03 PM
    Well... I use the Kijiji app weekly and I can't use it without Google play services. That's a weekly annoyance because I have to ask to borrow my wife's android phone.

That's just one app. I've had to erase a few other apps because of GPS as well. The reality is too, that Google is pressuring app makers to make use of GPS increasingly because it gives control of the apps back to Google.

Posted via CB10
    Does the web version not do the same?

Posted via CB10
    11-15-15 11:10 AM
42 12