And I quote:

"This doesn't necessarily mean we're saying goodbye to BB10 forever. Chen is apparently hoping that its first Android phone, the*Priv, can bring the brand back into the limelight, make it viable again and enable the company to make another BlackBerry 10 phone.*"

I'd very much like BB10 to continue, would you?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-10-16 03:08 PM

And I quote:

"This doesn't necessarily mean we're saying goodbye to BB10 forever. Chen is apparently hoping that its first Android phone, the*Priv, can bring the brand back into the limelight, make it viable again and enable the company to make another BlackBerry 10 phone.*"

Not enough to drop $900 on a phone I won't use.
    mister2d, Blacklatino and lift like this.
    01-10-16 03:18 PM
    Looking at the bigger picture here (no pun intended), it would be worthless for BlackBerry to make another BB10 device.
    They are not money makers, they have a bad market reputation and frankly BlackBerry cannot keep up the development pace any more.
    Rello, Blacklatino and TheDutch20 like this.
    01-10-16 03:19 PM
    Looking at the bigger picture here (no pun intended), it would be worthless for BlackBerry to make another BB10 device.
    They are not money makers, they have a bad market reputation and frankly BlackBerry cannot keep up the development pace any more.
    Good thing for sensible thinking. Am waiting to hear more on the Vienna. Cause I would prefer it to the Priv.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-16 05:18 PM

Not to the point to buy an Android phone with a BlackBerry logo on it.

Sorry bro.

Posted via CB10
    Asvertus, acovey, mister2d and 2 others like this.
    01-10-16 05:54 PM

And I quote:

I did already.. :-)

Now 1 Priv and over 10 BB10 devices....

:-)

wyrdfool likes this.
    01-10-16 06:21 PM
    I don't think so.

Unless there is a law mining agreement for making more BlackBerry 10 phones, I do not think we can assume BlackBerry is going to make more BlackBerry 10 phones.

Having said that, I believe BlackBerry will continue to support BlackBerry 10 software.

I wish BlackBerry best of luck. But for me, I will be sticking with my BlackBerry 10 phones.

Posted via CB10
    AllanQuatermain, mister2d and lift like this.
    01-10-16 06:59 PM
    I am choosing to speak with my $. There will be NO $ spent by me on any android device.

It makes no sense to buy a droid, to "support" bb10. How the hell did you arrive at this very illogical idea?

You can wrap crap in BlackBerry all you want, you still end up with a crap-sandwich.

F android!
    nabollocks, lift, acovey and 3 others like this.
    01-10-16 08:25 PM

And I quote:

Buy a BB10 device to support BB10. I am not going to buy a crappy Android device no matter who makes it.
    01-10-16 08:34 PM
    Good thing for sensible thinking. Am waiting to hear more on the Vienna. Cause I would prefer it to the Priv.

Posted via CB10
    I'm pretty interested in the vienna as well. I am a bit concerned about Android updates through BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-16 09:48 PM
    I would rather buy a ton of rocks then a Android OS phone, BUT I did buy a Classic. Wanted replacement for my 9810 not a stinking Android.
    lift likes this.
    01-10-16 10:14 PM
    How could we save BlackBerry 10 if we buy a BlackBerry Priv. If I buy a Priv or a Passport it means I buy a BlackBerry device. If you like BlackBerry 10, buy a BlackBerry 10 device. If you like Android, buy an Android device.

Posted via CB10
    BlackberryAtQuadra likes this.
    01-10-16 11:33 PM
    If I look on all the articles with "BlackBerry 10 is dead" they are all articles based on the fact that BlackBerry is planning to launch a new Android device. Nothing about BlackBerry ditching BlackBerry 10.
    When IPhone showed the IPhone 6 design nobody said all the IPhone's will look like that from now on.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-16 11:37 PM
    If I look on all the articles with "BlackBerry 10 is dead" they are all articles based on the fact that BlackBerry is planning to launch a new Android device. Nothing about BlackBerry ditching BlackBerry 10.
    When IPhone showed the IPhone 6 design nobody said all the IPhone's will look like that from now on.

Posted via CB10
    And no BB10 device in 2016.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-16 12:54 AM
    And no BB10 device in 2016.

Posted via CB10
    JC didn't say there will be no other BlackBerry 10 device in 2016. He only said they didn't plan the launch of a new BlackBerry 10 device yet, and it depends what the market will say.
    The fact that I didn't make any plans for next month it doesn't mean I will just stay indoors the entire month.
    We still have some BlackBerry 10 devices that are not outdated.

Posted via CB10
    Richard Buckley likes this.
    01-11-16 01:49 AM
    Well the OP title need to be changed!

KEEP your BlackBerry OS10 device to support OS10 !

AND:

Buy a 2nd BB-OS10 device to support Blackberry OS10 !

Buy a BES12 licence for your OS10 devices to support Blackberry OS10 !

Buy built-for-Blackberry app's to support Blackberry OS10!

to be continued....

Posted via -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.+
    noemi-abril and Q10Bold like this.
    01-11-16 04:07 AM
    Gotta agree with the dissenting posts in this thread. I can't see any way buying a Priv is going to tell BlackBerry anything other than you support the Priv and encourage their switch to Android.
    Coachbulldog and lift like this.
    01-11-16 06:55 AM
    Gotta agree with the dissenting posts in this thread. I can't see any way buying a Priv is going to tell BlackBerry anything other than you support the Priv and encourage their switch to Android.
    yep sounds like "new speach" to me, like:
    make war if you want to get peace to the world...
    some way or the other similar to that anyway...

Posted via -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.+
    01-11-16 10:03 AM

And I quote:

Or we could support BlackBerry by buying their BlackBerry 10 devices and supporting them with sales and letting them know people are interested in the BlackBerry 10 platform. Just saying.

Posted via CB10 8520 > 8900 > 9780 > 9900 > Playbook > Q10 > Passport silver edition
    01-11-16 11:33 AM
    JC didn't say there will be no other BlackBerry 10 device in 2016. He only said they didn't plan the launch of a new BlackBerry 10 device yet, and it depends what the market will say.
    The fact that I didn't make any plans for next month it doesn't mean I will just stay indoors the entire month.
    We still have some BlackBerry 10 devices that are not outdated.

Posted via CB10
    This ought to be optimism at its best

Posted via CB10 8520 > 8900 > 9780 > 9900 > Playbook > Q10 > Passport silver edition
    01-11-16 11:36 AM
    Buy a Priv and JC will think oh wow...look at all the Privs we sold. Why would we build another BlackBerry 10 device? Let's crank up our android production...the people have spoken

Don't buy a Priv and JC will think oh wow...we can compete in hardware at all, so let's scrap hardware altogether. I knew hardware was a bad market for us to compete in...the people have spoken.

BlackBerry 10 is in maintenance mode, and will be so until their current contracts expire. Why do you think they bought out Good? JC needs a backup plan to secure software and their MDM business in case his hardware idea flops. While working on grasping how to secure Android for enterprise, he's got a team who have strength in supporting and selling iOS also.
    Blacklatino, Rello and kbz1960 like this.
    01-11-16 12:23 PM
    It's a bit different in my view. I love BB, love BB10, HATE virtual key boards - seriously, for me they verge on useless.

I'm also locked into a 2 year phone contract, so I'm > a year out from phone replacement.

I want BB10 to continue - very happy with my Classic, EXCEPT that my workplace uses Google apps with dual authentication, which even Cobalt's fine work doesn't work with. Plus which, if I want to video chat with FB I'm also hooped.

So, I'm pretty much looking at the Android side for the future, because we're not seeing a great deal on the apps development side in BB10. So, my future looks more like Android.

It's like I drive a GM truck and love it to bits. However, if it comes time to trade and Ford's got a great deal, then it could be a Ford in the driveway.
    01-11-16 12:33 PM
    Maybe buy a second Passport to support OS10.
    I hope I'll have it soon.

Posted via CB10
    JulesDB likes this.
    01-11-16 12:50 PM
    No thanks.

Posted via Z30
    lift likes this.
    01-11-16 12:56 PM
    Buy a Priv hoping that will save BlackBerry 10?

Let me think... ahhh... NO WAY!

ClassicSQC100-3/10.3.2.858
    Q10Bold and lift like this.
    01-11-16 01:00 PM
89 123 ...