No bb10 devices in 2016... I agree. They don't have plan yet. Smartphones are not built in a day.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-16 03:36 AM
    No bb10 devices in 2016... I agree. They don't have plan yet. Smartphones are not built in a day.
    How hard can it be?

Seriously.

A Classic with Q level engineering, charge points (for a proper charge stand)

An updated Z30 spec wise. Also up to par with Q level engineering. (removable batt) and put some shiny charge contacts on it too, so we can have a proper desktop charge stand.

A PP upgrade... keep the hipsters happy.

Last request: give us the ability to have BB10 in a pure, unadulterated version. (no android crap, not even the run time).

Some people cream over the Power Ball... I dream big.
    A BlackBerry that is a BlackBerry, not crap wrapped in BlackBerry, trying hard to play nice with Google.

News flash BlackBerry, Google gives zero F's about you.
    01-14-16 05:55 AM
    Can I borrow your crystal ball ?
    Obviously he prefers the Vienna form factor over the Priv form factor. Doesn't need a crystal ball for that. He said he is hoping to hear more about it.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-16 06:37 AM
    does Google cares about Apple-OS?
    does Google cares about M�-WIN-OS?
    does Google cares about BlackBerry-OS?
    does Google cares about anything, apart from making $$ ?
    does Google matters to you anyway, if so get a Google phone!

does Apple cares about Google-OS?
    does Apple cares about M$-WIN-OS?
    does Apple cares about BlackBerry-OS?
    does Apple cares about anything, apart from making $$ ?
    does Apple matters to you anyway, if so get a Apple phone!

does M$ cares about Apple-OS?
    does M$ cares about Google-OS?
    does M$ cares about BlackBerry-OS?
    does M$ cares about anything, apart from making $$ ?
    does M$ matters to you anyway, if so get a get a M$-WIN phone!

why should Blackberry care about Apple-OS?
    why should BlackBerry care about Google-OS?
    why should BlackBerry care about M$-WIN-OS?
    why should BlackBerry care about anything, apart from it's own business?
    does BlackBerry matters to you, if so get a BB10 Device!

Posted via -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.++
    01-14-16 06:50 AM
    does Google cares about Apple-OS?
    does Google cares about M�-WIN-OS?
    does Google cares about BlackBerry-OS?
    does Google cares about anything, apart from making $$ ?
    does Google matters to you anyway, if so get a Google phone!

does Apple cares about Google-OS?
    does Apple cares about M$-WIN-OS?
    does Apple cares about BlackBerry-OS?
    does Apple cares about anything, apart from making $$ ?
    does Apple matters to you anyway, if so get a Apple phone!

does M$ cares about Apple-OS?
    does M$ cares about Google-OS?
    does M$ cares about BlackBerry-OS?
    does M$ cares about anything, apart from making $$ ?
    does M$ matters to you anyway, if so get a get a M$-WIN phone!

why should Blackberry care about Apple-OS?
    why should BlackBerry care about Google-OS?
    why should BlackBerry care about M$-WIN-OS?
    why should BlackBerry care about anything, apart from it's own business?
    does BlackBerry matters to you, if so get a BB10 Device!

Posted via -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.++
    Why BlackBerry don't care about BB10?

Posted from my Z30 (10.3.2.2876)
    01-14-16 01:04 PM
    Why BlackBerry don't care about BB10?

Posted from my Z30 (10.3.2.2876)
    It failed. They're on plan B (at least) and it's Android.
    01-14-16 02:38 PM
    After Q10 and Z30 I bought the Passport to save BB10!

Posted via Q10Bold
    01-15-16 09:17 AM

Posted via CB10
    Today's smartphones are built by drag and drop components so technically they can be built in a day in digital form.

As far as the OP goes you have to be na�ve to believe that Priv purchase will get you your BB10 devices back. I'm not saying that Passport SE is the last BB10 phone but expect some repackage of the components maybe down the line and that's about it. Or maybe Passport SE is indeed last BB10 phone.
    01-15-16 11:29 AM
    How hard can it be?

Seriously.

A Classic with Q level engineering, charge points (for a proper charge stand)

An updated Z30 spec wise. Also up to par with Q level engineering. (removable batt) and put some shiny charge contacts on it too, so we can have a proper desktop charge stand.

A PP upgrade... keep the hipsters happy.

Last request: give us the ability to have BB10 in a pure, unadulterated version. (no android crap, not even the run time).

Some people cream over the Power Ball... I dream big.
    A BlackBerry that is a BlackBerry, not crap wrapped in BlackBerry, trying hard to play nice with Google.

News flash BlackBerry, Google gives zero F's about you.
    And majority of people give zero F's about BlackBerry, so continuing making an os and phones for that os that has already been driven off a cliff would be pointless

Posted via CB10
    01-16-16 09:43 AM
    And majority of people give zero F's about BlackBerry, so continuing making an os and phones for that os that has already been driven off a cliff would be pointless
    You sound like an angry American consumer.

BlackBerry will be fine as a minority.
    01-16-16 10:51 AM

No, it isn't even close to okay unfortuNately. But maybe Android will save it

Posted via CB10
    01-16-16 11:50 AM

*Canadian

Posted via CB10
    01-16-16 12:34 PM
    To answer the question: NO
    01-16-16 11:40 PM
    No, it isn't even close to okay unfortuNately. But maybe Android will save it
    Still thinking like a consumer. That's ok, that is exactly what the BBdroid is for.

There is a market for BB10, a market who has no interest in the insecurity of android. And absolutely ZERO interest until it is removed.
    01-17-16 11:53 AM
    Still thinking like a consumer. That's ok, that is exactly what the BBdroid is for.

There is a market for BB10, a market who has no interest in the insecurity of android. And absolutely ZERO interest until it is removed.
    Do you realize what the market share of BB10 is? Many enterprise customers have already gone to Apple. BES supports iPhones. Probably will support a version of Android soon enough. BB10 is not okay.
    01-17-16 03:26 PM
    I hope it does get people to buy BlackBerry phones in greater numbers. But the Priv just screams non-bb to me.
    I looks like an s6 with a pkb added to it.

I am waiting for the Vienna.

BlackBerry has got to make their android phones stand out. Not just slap a BlackBerry logo on an android phone.
    The vienna looks decent but some of those fan renders look even better

Posted via CB10
    01-17-16 03:52 PM
    Do you realize what the market share of BB10 is?
    "Market share".

Again, CONSUMER language.

I know exactly the market where BB10 is needed, but they WILL NOT touch it with android baked into it. They are still using the old BlackBerry's, as they have NO CHOICE.

Try thinking beyond the consumer market.
    01-17-16 03:53 PM
    "Market share".

I know exactly the market where BB10 is needed, but they WILL NOT touch it with android baked into it. They are still using the old BlackBerry's, as they have NO CHOICE.

Money language.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-16 04:22 PM
    "Market share".

Your statement is ridiculous. Let's say BlackBerry goes bankrupt, which it almost did, what do all your supposed BB10 Enterprise users do, go back to Motorola startacs and laptops with data cards to check and send emails?

At time, nobody would buy they company because the company loses money on BB10 and they had no other assets worth paying for at time. Why do you think Chen wants to dump BB10? It doesn't even generate service revenue like BBOS7.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-16 04:31 PM
    Your statement is ridiculous
    No, what is ridiculous is that people who need a clean android free os are still waiting for BlackBerry to make it available.

You're still thinking like a consumer. BlackBerry responded to your needs, they are building the androids for them. Now ya'll can candy crush, flappy bird and Netflix.

It is time for a clean BB10. (even if you lack the vision to see it)
    I don't think Chen is planning to "drop" bb10, he is a man who has a vision.
    01-17-16 04:48 PM
    No, what is ridiculous is that people who need a clean android free os are still waiting for BlackBerry to make it available.

You're still thinking like a consumer. BlackBerry responded to your needs, they are building the androids for them. Now ya'll can candy crush, flappy bird and Netflix.

It is time for a clean BB10. (even if you lack the vision to see it)
    I don't think Chen is planning to "drop" bb10, he is a man who has a vision.
    Why don't you try addressing how they pay for it? As I stated before, creating BB10 almost bankrupted the company. It cost billions to develop and then helped kill their BBOS7 revenue stream.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-16 06:28 PM
    Why don't you try addressing how they pay for it? As I stated before, creating BB10 almost bankrupted the company. It cost billions to develop and then helped kill their BBOS7 revenue stream.
    Lol, billions to develop. That right there tells us you're talking out the but t.

Bankrupt? BlackBerry was never Bankrupt, or close to it. Bleeding? Hell yea. But that is done. (try to keep up)

Best os, and they messed up the release. They forgot what BlackBerry was, and tried to make another iThing. 3yr in, and we're still missing some of the magic that made a BlackBerry superior. (but we do have some new magic in BB10, you might even be able to see it... like the simple task of adding attachments (plural) to an email)
    We would be in a better position if they had never put that 'droid crap into BB10, that alone was their biggest mistake on the release. (imho)

Now, to "address how they will pay for it". Well, it is already paid for!
    If they can clean the crap out of BB10, (android) the people who are waiting for BlackBerry to pull their damn head out of their arse can finally update their old os7 stuff.

Why don't you TRY to comprehend there is a huge untapped market, using old os7 hardware, who really need BlackBerry to clean the junk off of BB10 so they can deploy BB10.
    The only reason this market can't touch BB10 is the security FLAW baked into it. They will not even consider it until this flaw is removed.

Billions to develop... thanks for bringing some levity to this head banging session.
    01-17-16 08:09 PM
    Lol, billions to develop. That right there tells us you're talking out the but t.

Bankrupt? BlackBerry was never Bankrupt, or close to it. Bleeding? Hell yea. But that is done. (try to keep up)

Best os, and they messed up the release. They forgot what BlackBerry was, and tried to make another iThing. 3yr in, and we're still missing some of the magic that made a BlackBerry superior. (but we do have some new magic in BB10, you might even be able to see it... like the simple task of adding attachments (plural) to an email)
    We would be in a better position if they had never put that 'droid crap into BB10, that alone was their biggest mistake on the release. (imho)

Now, to "address how they will pay for it". Well, it is already paid for!
    If they can clean the crap out of BB10, (android) the people who are waiting for BlackBerry to pull their damn head out of their arse can finally update their old os7 stuff.

Why don't you TRY to comprehend there is a huge untapped market, using old os7 hardware, who really need BlackBerry to clean the junk off of BB10 so they can deploy BB10.
    The only reason this market can't touch BB10 is the security FLAW baked into it. They will not even consider it until this flaw is removed.

Billions to develop... thanks for bringing some levity to this head banging session.
    At calendar year end 2013 - BB took a $4.4 Billion write off. This was directly related to development costs for BB10 that were not going to ever be recovered and for hardware write downs for the Z10, Q10 and the Z30. After $1 Billion cash injection from Prem Watsa and Fairfax,the company had less than one year supply of cash at then current burn rate. All this public filings with US and Canadian regulators and the definition of near bankruptcy. Factoring declining revenue from BBOS7 legacy service revenue being cancelled, the burn rate was actually greater and company would have bankrupted even sooner, had Prem not brought in Chen to pull BB from nosedive trajectory. Once again, this is all public record with all their quarterly filings.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    01-17-16 09:38 PM
    But hey, don't let facts get in the way of a great story.
    01-17-16 09:42 PM
    The bleeding has stopped. Try to keep up... this is 2016

Instead of me drawing a picture, to help you get it....

You, explain to the rest of us how BlackBerry should shut the door on BB10, walk away, and how that will "save the day". (ignore the FACT there is a market for BB10) (that you are blind to)

Consumer...
    01-17-16 09:52 PM
89 1234