Is there a way to lock blackberry 10 without buttons? I liked this feature on my playbook a lot as it prolonged the life of my power/lock/unlock button

If it's not baked in to the os is there an app that can do this for me?

Sent from my Z10
    02-23-14 07:26 PM
    This!!!
    This is needed I use to love this on the old blackberries.

Posted via CB10
    Barracuda7772 likes this.
    02-23-14 07:29 PM
    Change the lock time to 1 minute or lower it to what suits your needs.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-14 07:43 PM
    Change the lock time to 1 minute or lower it to what suits your needs.

Posted via CB10
    I did this in addition to picture password
    .. although I'd like to see the return of a soft power button (which would just launch the screen that comes up if you hold the power button)
    02-23-14 07:52 PM
    Wtf how do you do it on the PlayBook?

Posted via CB10
    02-23-14 08:14 PM
    Wtf how do you do it on the PlayBook?

Posted via CB10
    Tap the battery indicator.
    02-23-14 08:15 PM
    Tap the battery indicator.
    Really? That's brilliant!
    Why in the hell didn't they bring that back

Posted via CB10
    02-23-14 08:20 PM
    Oh I thought it was a gesture that locked the PlayBook.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-14 08:32 PM
    Oh I thought it was a gesture that locked the PlayBook.

Posted via CB10
    The point is, you don't have to use the hardware buttons on the playbook. You can standby, lock, restart and power off without touching the buttons.

Be nice to have that in the quick settings, standby and the power down screen.
    Gearheadaddy likes this.
    02-23-14 08:36 PM
    I would also like to see the Buttonless lock be implemented.
    Lets hope someone from BB reads this.
    Gearheadaddy likes this.
    02-23-14 09:55 PM
    I like the idea of using soft buttons because typically it's the physical buttons that give up on a device.

Posted via CB10
    Mr.Monty and Gearheadaddy like this.
    02-23-14 10:00 PM
    Yes, they put lock icon on the succeding updates.. or one thing they can add on the app menu, when you slide up.. the call,search and camera icon on the lower part of the screen will disappear.. right, it can be changed as lock icon once you slide up.. then you slide back down to lock your device.. its only my idea.. what do you think...?

Posted via CB10
    Gearheadaddy likes this.
    02-23-14 10:17 PM
    Instead of "hoping" Blackberry sees this idea here, you can email the Development Team directly at: [email protected]

FairlightRacing likes this.
    02-23-14 11:59 PM
    This!!!
    This is needed I use to love this on the old blackberries.

Posted via CB10
    Why is your profile picture of me and my other half....?
    Buttonless lock?-img_20140224_075534.png

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 01:57 AM
    Why is your profile picture of me and my other half....?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140224_075534.png 
Views:	1611 
Size:	114.7 KB 
ID:	250485

Posted via CB10
    Interesting.. I wonder if this is a problem with the OS instead of the CB10 app. This same problem occurs to me with the Twitter app. It mixes display pictures and posts.

This is my actual picture:
    Attachment 250497
    Attached Thumbnails Buttonless lock?-img_20140224_010325.png  
    Last edited by rai187; 02-24-14 at 03:28 AM.
    02-24-14 03:04 AM
    I concur with this idea. I use to always push the power button to lock the phone until the button itself died on me.
    02-24-14 03:21 AM
    Accidental post.
    02-24-14 03:26 AM
    Interesting.. I wonder if this is a problem with the OS instead of the CB10 app. This same problem occurs to me with the Twitter app. It mixes display pictures and posts.

This is my actual picture:
    Attachment 250497
    Bizarre ha ha Facebook does this sometimes too!

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 06:13 AM
    Bizarre ha ha Facebook does this sometimes too!

Posted via CB10
    Not an issue I'm a fan of. Irritates the sh** out of me.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 10:24 AM
    Yeah... another BetaBeta10 brilliant idea.
    No custom softkeys, lets ruin the poor power button.
    No default color LED notifications, no alternative keyboards, no unlocking path, horrible battery life... and the list goes on.
    Its unveliebable they didnt think about an miserable softkey to simply shut down the screen, I mean its ridiculous the way they killed an amazing device.
    02-24-14 09:28 PM
    No default color LED notifications, no alternative keyboards, no unlocking path, horrible battery life... and the list goes on.
    Its unveliebable they didnt think about an miserable softkey to simply shut down the screen, I mean its ridiculous the way they killed an amazing device.
    Pisses me off that android has the option to choose led color built into the Bbm4android app and we still dont.....
    poiznberry likes this.
    02-24-14 09:40 PM
    My sarcasm detector must be broken.
    -There hasn't been a way to natively customize LED colors on any BlackBerry, including BBOS. "There's an app for that."

-BlackBerry has 3 password options natively: The standard long password, Simple Password, and Picture Password.

-There are no alternative keyboards for BB10 devices. You're right, I can't correct you. However I will point out that there's a demand for a product that mimics the Q10 keyboard that attaches to iPhones, and just about every "professional" tech reviewer has commented favorably to the design of the BB10 virtual keyboard.

-There aren't many devices that people don't complain about battery life. I can make a day with a single charge on my Z10, but I also had an extra battery available since I tend to wind up in bad coverage areas, which has always been a problem with all of the devices I've used. But BlackBerry is on top of the "horrible battery life" issue by introducing the Z30.

As for them not introducing a locking soft key on BB10 devices, this would be a simple fix and something that could be added to the quick settings options.

Stating BlackBerry "killed an amazing device" (emphasis mine) seems a bit dramatic.
    02-24-14 09:58 PM
    My sarcasm detector must be broken.
    -There hasn't been a way to natively customize LED colors on any BlackBerry, including BBOS. "There's an app for that."
    No sarcasm, unfortunately.
    Im was an old BBOS user since 8250 times (9700-9780-9810-9790) as far as I remember latest OS releases (7.1 thought) coming with native color control led. Im pretty sure it was not an 3rd party app.

-BlackBerry has 3 password options natively: The standard long password, Simple Password, and Picture Password.
    Long password: The keyboard is so faulty that turns impossible to do it without a mistake, and start over.
    Simple password: OK works as intended.
    Picture password: LoL, cmon. Nice concept but poorly executed.(you cant call it a real lock screen, yet)
    An invisible pattern is the fastest, secure, reliable method so far. IMO

-There are no alternative keyboards for BB10 devices. You're right, I can't correct you. However I will point out that there's a demand for a product that mimics the Q10 keyboard that attaches to iPhones, and just about every "professional" tech reviewer has commented favorably to the design of the BB10 virtual keyboard.
    Its nice indeed, but not as great as promoted, moreover the editing tool a.k.a the horrible circle of death.
    Some Swipe, Swiftkey styled keyboards would be great, just an option, just to try.

-There aren't many devices that people don't complain about battery life. I can make a day with a single charge on my Z10, but I also had an extra battery available since I tend to wind up in bad coverage areas, which has always been a problem with all of the devices I've used. But BlackBerry is on top of the "horrible battery life" issue by introducing the Z30.
    My Nexus last 2 whole days while my Z10 barely reaches the end of the day... If it was supposed to be a non-toy smartphone focused on business... my business day are longer than 11hs.

As for them not introducing a locking soft key on BB10 devices, this would be a simple fix and something that could be added to the quick settings options.
    Its basics men, why wont be flexible? Customization word doesnt exist on BB10 world.
    Here, One size doesnt fit all, give us some alternatives, options.

Stating BlackBerry "killed an amazing device" (emphasis mine) seems a bit dramatic.
    Maybe, but as I've told you before I was expecting MORE and not less... at some points this new OS was a giant backwards.
    "Thanks" to its new features I have to be forced to put the z10 on a box and switch to another device...
    If I had paid $200 bucks for it, it would be allright... but more than $600 on launch? No fuc king way, sorry.
    Last edited by poiznberry; 02-25-14 at 07:36 AM.
    02-25-14 07:20 AM
    Yes I use that feature on PlayBook and my old torch touch ALLLL the time... I wish they finished bringing in the features every phone had before Z10. I'm almost done waiting

Posted by a leaky CB10.1
    Barracuda7772 likes this.
    02-25-14 07:33 AM
    Pisses me off that android has the option to choose led color built into the Bbm4android app and we still dont.....
    Please stay on the topic of the thread

Sent from my Z10
    02-25-14 07:53 AM
42 12