I love my z10 the way it is but what if their were no buttons just gestures for the power and volume control. The volume sensor could run from top to bottom on the right side of the screen. Haven't figured out what gesture could be used for the power button yet. Just feel It will make blackberry10 a lot more unique

Posted via CB10
    aatali_2001 likes this.
    12-31-13 01:22 AM
    Good luck with that.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-13 01:25 AM
    As much as I'd love to see it, I don't think it's possible. Really, the only thing stopping it is the need for a "power on" button. Can't use gestures when the device is powered off (unless the device only appeared powered off).

Posted via CB10
    12-31-13 01:54 AM
    As much as I'd love to see it, I don't think it's possible. Really, the only thing stopping it is the need for a "power on" button. Can't use gestures when the device is powered off (unless the device only appeared powered off).

Posted via CB10
    Good luck with that too

Posted via CB10
    12-31-13 02:07 AM
    yes, imagine people picking up a black piece of slab... edge to edge all glass on the front.
    to power on... swipe up... to power down... swipe down... but that brings down the menu... hummm... so how would you power down???
    and what about volume up and down... how will you do that while playing a video or listening to songs while the screen is locked??? what about the mute option?
    and in this case if the battery is non-removable and your device gets hanged... what are you going to do???
    12-31-13 02:43 AM
    Once the phone is running it's easy to build in a button on the interface to "power-down" the issue is being able to turn on the phone without a button.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-13 11:25 AM
    Use the xbox one method. Voice activated on. "Blackberry on"

Very jean luke Picard. Make it so. Lol.

I would imagine the battery may be the weak link here. Permanent standby wouldn't be great

Posted via CB10
    12-31-13 05:17 PM