Happy New Year to all. On new year's eve, i created a greeting via sms (text) and sending it to multiple recipients by adding them one by one using the plus (+) sign. There are around 30 of them.

Reviewing the sms after the send shows that there is an x to the sms. It says NETWORK OUT OF ORDER. I resend it and still the same. Only to find out that BB10 incorrectly choose home numbers to send sms to.

Im surprise why this is so. Why cant Bb10 detect and use only mobile numbers from the contacts?

While at it, i also noticed BB10 also let user choose contacts from facebook contact which i had filtered out (off) from the contacts app. Most of my Facebook contacts dont even have stored number.

Z10 STL-2 10.2.1.2977
    01-01-15 05:21 PM
    Happy New Year to all. On new year's eve, i created a greeting via sms (text) and sending it to multiple recipients by adding them one by one using the plus (+) sign. There are around 30 of them.

Reviewing the sms after the send shows that there is an x to the sms. It says NETWORK OUT OF ORDER. I resend it and still the same. Only to find out that BB10 incorrectly choose home numbers to send sms to.

Im surprise why this is so. Why cant Bb10 detect and use only mobile numbers from the contacts?

While at it, i also noticed BB10 also let user choose contacts from facebook contact which i had filtered out (off) from the contacts app. Most of my Facebook contacts dont even have stored number.

Z10 STL-2 10.2.1.2977
    good question...I have no answer maybe someone does
    01-01-15 05:36 PM
    Any programmer out there wanting to create solution for this prob?

Z10 STL-2 10.2.1.2977
    01-03-15 01:57 PM
    Because in some countries you can send sms text messages to home phone numbers / landlines.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 03:45 PM
    Yes, this is a nuisance as it has happened to me before. My friend called me up and told me I had texted his landline so a female robotic voice had read out the message to him. We both found it hilarious, although I was a bit embarrassed about the technical side of it as I didn't intend to text his landline.

I had suggested on the icanmakeitbetter website (now closed) to copy how my old Nokia N95 could specify which number it would default to in calls and which number to default to for texts if a contact had more than one phone number stored. But who knows if anyone was really listening on that website...

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 02:40 AM
    Yeah, very annoying... one thing i noticed too is that the stock contact app is a waste resources/space. Openning a contact alone doubles each number as a text. I got contact which has as much as 6 numbers and each number is relisted under text. on a samsung, user can just wipe left or right to do a call or send a text, that is smart innovation.

Z10 STL-2 10.2.1.2977
    01-04-15 03:24 AM