So which is it? Cans and string or an old flip phone? Make up your mind!

*C5303
    Not sure yet, both options are better then using Android.
    lift likes this.
    01-21-16 08:55 PM
    I have a Motorola Razr V3 for sale
    Thanks, that's a very generous offer. If Blackberry puts out another Android phone I may have to fight for it.
    JeepBB likes this.
    01-21-16 09:04 PM
    Nope. Previous thread was an inquiry. Now I'm actively organizing a boycott of blackberry. Chen must go...

Posted via CB10
    crackberry_geek and lift like this.
    01-21-16 09:05 PM
    But it's an additional signal for every developer to realize that development for BB10 is unwanted now. Do something else, become an Android developer.
    And how come exactly? It is quite obvious they want to move crapoiud apps to amazon. If BB World stays only for native apps then what the hell would be the meaning of Build for BB? If everything is native how come something would NOT get the badge.
    Jesus people you are moaning as if Obama just declared all private property now belongs to the government.
    Do you have your devices? Are you happy with them? If so then STOP MOANING. If not - switch.

For %R^&%$& sake! Worse than old wrinkled spinsters!
    01-22-16 01:26 AM
    If that's the case they should come out and say it instead of misleading consumers with statements like "were still committed to the handset division " or "hardware is important part of our strategy "

Posted via CB10
    There is absolutely *NO* up-side to Chen making a "we're done with hardware" announcement because all that would happen is that BB would be left with unsellable inventory... and the CB crew probably *would* put out a contract on Chen!

For similar reasons, Chen will never say "we're done with BB10" either.

Instead, you have to judge where BB is heading by their actions... and those actions convince me that BB *is* done with both BB10 and consumer phones (the Priv is a short-term revenue source, nothing more IMO).

Yes, I might be wrong, but we'll only discover the "truth" in history books long after the event. It will not be announced in tomorrow's newspapers!
    dolco, FF22 and lift like this.
    01-22-16 01:37 AM
    There is absolutely *NO* up-side to Chen making a "we're done with hardware" announcement because all that would happen is that BB would be left with unsellable inventory... and the CB crew probably *would* put out a contract on Chen!

Instead, you have to judge where BB is heading by their actions... and those actions convince me that BB *is* done with both BB10 and consumer phones (the Priv is a short-term revenue source, nothing more IMO).

Yes, I might be wrong, but we'll only discover the "truth" in history books long after the event. It will not be announced in tomorrow's newspapers!
    I know I know
    That thread was a reply to another crackberrian. It's out of context

Posted via CB10
    01-22-16 02:02 AM

You'll also notice how shop BlackBerry is discounting their old models like the classic, leap and all versions of the Passport. The Z30 fairly recently became unavailable on their pages after having been discounted as well. The hand writing is definitely on the wall without BlackBerry having to make a statement that their phones running OS10 are being ditched along with the OS it's self.

Posted from my X00 Z30
    JeepBB likes this.
    01-22-16 02:03 AM
    It is quite obvious they want to move crapoiud apps to amazon.
    I demand this for years. But did anyone officially communicate this until now? Did I just not realize it? It's RIM's style of communication (the main problem this company has): give a one sentence statement and let immediately hundred questions and rumours procreate into all directions and never react on them at all until the next one sentence statement.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-22-16 02:31 AM
    I demand this for years. But did anyone officially communicate this until now? Did I just not realize it? It's RIM's style of communication (the main problem this company has): give a one sentence statement and let immediately hundred questions and rumours procreate into all directions and never react on them at all until the next one sentence statement.
    So what? Did you sign any agreement with them that gives you some amazing right to be informed about their future plans? This is a private company that can do whatever they feel like doing as long as it does not violate the law and consumer laws. They do not TAKE anything from anyone. Just clean up the mess. Is this really your biggest problem? Are they saying anything you bought will not be available for you? No. They say they remove the program that basically adds no value if all crapoid stuff is moved.
    If you dont like what they do simply go to crapoid. You will be super happy as google doesnt move their apps anywhere. As we all know crapoid is an amazing system full of security and great UI.
    01-22-16 03:47 AM
    If you dont like what they do simply go to crapoid. You will be super happy as google doesnt move their apps anywhere. As we all know crapoid is an amazing system full of security and great UI.
    Wrong address, man, very wrong address.
    01-22-16 05:00 AM
    My point is that they are inept with software. And until they can remedy that ineptness... it is ludicrous to think they can succeed in software... anywhere.

Posted via CB10
    That is what I am saying. They have lost any ability to be a software vendor when they have given up on writing software. They had great developers (TAT) and got rid of them. I was part of the beta program for BES10 and it isn't even close to the competition, so they had to buy Good Technology. They also don't know a good product when they see it. They made Blend and not are stopping development on that and won't port it to work with the Priv. They took a great mobile platform based on QNX and put the reins on developers. Look at the original TAT demo apps for Playbook. They are amazing. They didn't have a clue about the Playbook when they released it. No native email client! What where they thinking. They also didn't know how to market BB10. They are rudderless and Chen continues that lost in the wilderness.
    01-22-16 06:13 AM
    So what? Did you sign any agreement with them that gives you some amazing right to be informed about their future plans? This is a private company that can do whatever they feel like doing as long as it does not violate the law and consumer laws. They do not TAKE anything from anyone. Just clean up the mess. Is this really your biggest problem? Are they saying anything you bought will not be available for you? No. They say they remove the program that basically adds no value if all crapoid stuff is moved.
    You sound salty.

Time to logout and have a nap.
    lift and Rello like this.
    01-22-16 08:08 AM
    You sound salty.

Time to logout and have a nap.
    Im alergic to moaning.
    01-22-16 08:22 AM
    Wrong address, man, very wrong address.
    So DID YOU sign any agreement that forces them to tell you how they run their business or not?
    01-22-16 08:24 AM
    Im alergic to moaning.
    Now, that can't be a fun existence lol

 Passport/SQW100-3 .2876 CB10 
    Superdupont 2_0 likes this.
    01-22-16 08:37 AM
    So DID YOU sign any agreement that forces them to tell you how they run their business or not?
    You won, your p*r*i*c*k is much longer. I'm ashamed.
    01-22-16 08:46 AM
    Im alergic to moaning.
    What's crapdroid/crapoid?

I've never heard of that terminology.
    01-22-16 08:54 AM
    And how come exactly? It is quite obvious they want to move crapoiud apps to amazon. If BB World stays only for native apps then what the hell would be the meaning of Build for BB? If everything is native how come something would NOT get the badge.
    Jesus people you are moaning as if Obama just declared all private property now belongs to the government.
    Do you have your devices? Are you happy with them? If so then STOP MOANING. If not - switch.

For %R^&%$& sake! Worse than old wrinkled spinsters!
    Unless I have missed something, I did not see any reference or information that Android-based or ported apps would be moved to the Amazon store. I think the crap can remain where it is and I think new crap can still be added even if it is based/ported Android.

But I am willing to be corrected if I'm wrong on that.
    jope28 likes this.
    01-22-16 09:03 AM
    Unless I have missed something, I did not see any reference or information that Android-based or ported apps would be moved to the Amazon store. I think the crap can remain where it is and I think new crap can still be added even if it is based/ported Android.

But I am willing to be corrected if I'm wrong on that.
    Yeah I think it is right,Skype moved to amazon store now not available in BlackBerry World anymore,maybe other androids apps will follow.but I'm not sure...
    01-22-16 09:08 AM
    Nope. Previous thread was an inquiry. Now I'm actively organizing a boycott of blackberry. Chen must go...

Posted via CB10
    Leaning towards this view

Posted via CB10
    01-22-16 09:30 AM
    Couldn't the Dev's just all agree to write that it's a pure BlackBerry app and not ported and we would know anyway? I guess it wouldn't matter since most of the Dev's have all abandoned the platform anyway.

Posted via CB10
    Rustybronco likes this.
    01-22-16 09:34 AM
    Couldn't the Dev's just all agree to write that it's a pure BlackBerry app and not ported and we would know anyway? I guess it wouldn't matter since most of the Dev's have all abandoned the platform anyway.

Posted via CB10
    I actually don't mind the idea of ported Android apps IF they are ported well and work properly. Many of the B4B apps were Android ports. I have exactly one of them, and it's been completely stable.

But there are some hideously bad Android ports out there, and there will be no easy way to limit your search results to the apps that have passed a quality review, like there was before.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-16 10:08 AM
    Couldn't the Dev's just all agree to write that it's a pure BlackBerry app and not ported
    Posted via CB10
    That's a good idea. Write in the first line of body of the text that it's a 'native' BB OS10 app.
    01-22-16 10:10 AM
    I actually don't mind the idea of ported Android apps IF they are ported well and work properly. Many of the B4B apps were Android ports. I have exactly one of them, and it's been completely stable.

But there are some hideously bad Android ports out there, and there will be no easy way to limit your search results to the apps that have passed a quality review, like there was before.

Posted via CB10
    Actually, a B4B app cannot be an Android port. From BlackBerry:

"Your app needs to be developed using tools designed specifically for BlackBerry 10. These include IDEs or Frameworks that will compile an application that runs as an AIR, Native or WebWorks based BlackBerry 10 application."
    DrBoomBotz and Rello like this.
    01-22-16 10:11 AM
    That's a good idea. Write in the first line of body of the text that it's a 'native' BB OS10 app.
    You'd be surprised how many people don't read an App description at all, sometimes not even the second or third image

Posted via CB10
    01-22-16 10:13 AM
344 ... 7891011 ...