This is a huge fuss over nothing. With the ongoing removal of Android ports from BBW to the amazon store, all apps in BBW will eventually become native only. So this program has become just expensive overhead and needed to be put out to pasture.

There has been some very good new apps added to BBW, recently. I would rather have quality over quantity anyway. We will go back to using the reputation of individual devs to determine the quality of their apps, which was always a more reliable system anyway.

� CB10 via BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition �
    This is thoughtful post, and i agree, i've downloaded some great new native apps recently.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-16 05:39 AM
    Build for Google Play replaces Built for BlackBerry !?

Now I know why Payment Options never worked on my Z3.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by mas_quemex; 01-21-16 at 05:58 AM.
    01-21-16 05:46 AM
    This AppNinja:

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59974986

Written by a CB member.
    I don't want to have to download and possibly pay for an app to know if it is native or not. I want BlackBerry to tell us up front.
    01-21-16 05:55 AM
    This is a huge fuss over nothing. With the ongoing removal of Android ports from BBW to the amazon store, all apps in BBW will eventually become native only. So this program has become just expensive overhead and needed to be put out to pasture.

There has been some very good new apps added to BBW, recently. I would rather have quality over quantity anyway. We will go back to using the reputation of individual devs to determine the quality of their apps, which was always a more reliable system anyway.

This program isn't an expensive overhead. It cost BlackBerry next to nothing to check a few things and add a flag for the app. I can see that you have never developed software.
    crackberry_geek and lift like this.
    01-21-16 05:57 AM
    But if they encourage to use Amazon store, why they do not update the ART? Or am I saying something wrong?

Posted via CB10
    gfondeur likes this.
    01-21-16 06:00 AM
    But if they encourage to use Amazon store, why they do not update the ART? Or am I saying something wrong?

Posted via CB10
    They are encouraging Amazon so developers don't write native apps so everyone will buy the Priv and they can shutdown BBW.
    gfondeur and lift like this.
    01-21-16 06:13 AM
    I don't want to have to download and possibly pay for an app to know if it is native or not. I want BlackBerry to tell us up front.
    Well, maybe now is the time for CB to have a sticky thread detailing which BBW apps have been determined to be native. Poor man's solution, but waiting on BlackBerry is no solution.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-21-16 06:22 AM
    Chen can do nothing with the overpriced priv..BlackBerry's WORST STEP is that they are slowly killing my favorite os.. BlackBerry 10...

BlackBerry z3 10.3.2.2876
    01-21-16 06:24 AM
    This program isn't an expensive overhead. It cost BlackBerry next to nothing to check a few things and add a flag for the app. I can see that you have never developed software.
    You can't see a lot then. I write embedded sw for a living. There is a lot more than just setting a flag. There needs to be a review process before that flag can be set and anyone who reviews to requirements knows how time consuming a task that is.

gfondeur likes this.
    01-21-16 06:36 AM
    Chen can do nothing with the overpriced priv..BlackBerry's WORST STEP is that they are slowly killing my favorite os.. BlackBerry 10...

BlackBerry z3 10.3.2.2876
    BB10 has been dead for a while....hate to say it but it's true.
    01-21-16 06:36 AM
    Fortunately, BlackBerry will continue to support BBM Sticker (cough) Artists...
    01-21-16 06:49 AM
    Guys.. Give up. Get the Priv and keep enjoying what BlackBerry has to offer.

It's over.
    Tried it, and it sucks.....for me. Would just go Samsung. Ugggh, just the thought hurts. Maybe BlackBerry will come out with another Android device. Wow, that thought hurts too. Ugh!

Won't have to decide until my Passport and my wife's Classic dies.

I cringe at the thought.

Posted via CB10
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    01-21-16 06:51 AM
    أحا chen kidding with us
    01-21-16 07:08 AM
    You can't see a lot then. I write embedded sw for a living. There is a lot more than just setting a flag. There needs to be a review process before that flag can be set and anyone who reviews to requirements knows how time consuming a task that is.
    Then set aside 100K from the CEO's pay and have someone review built for Blakbery applications.
    Q10Bold, lift and FF22 like this.
    01-21-16 07:10 AM

LOL: It doesn't take much time to check requirements for program. I guess you need to get out of the embedded and get into the GUI world. And you can write automation software to check most of the requirements. ie You need to check that you have at least one service requirement. BlackBerry can automate that by reading the app. If they are doing all the certifications by hand, then they are going to be lost as a software company. There are many times that I write tools to help me in my software development to make it more efficient. For the time you think it takes shows how lost that BlackBerry really is.
    crackberry_geek likes this.
    01-21-16 07:19 AM
    This is obviously part of the BB10 death kneel, but consider this: Most of the apps in BBW were sub-par anyway. There's no shame in admitting that - we all stuck it out with BB10 DESPITE a lack of apps.

We did that because it's a solid phone. I don't know what all of you like about it so much, but personally I cannot live without Reader Mode, scrolling through text with a space bar, and not having my every typed word relayed to Google, the largest advertising company in the history of the world.

So I'll stick it out until this Q10 finally dies. (It's already double-typing letters like a stutterer in print form.) when that happens, I'll class up to whatever is used, cheap and available.

But I'm not getting a Priv just so I can say I still have a BlackBerry, so just cut that out. I like(d) their phones because they're the best around - not because I'm a fanboy.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-16 07:31 AM
    [QUOTE=kraidx;12220792]
    If you are missing some feature... create an app for that if you really have to. Goddammit...[/QUOTE

Haven't you read the notice, no more apps for BlackBerry! Only taking Android now!

Posted via CB10
    So wrong you are. They are stopping built for BlackBerry service. Just means that apps that are made can't be submitted for recognition for BlackBerry. Doesn't mean apps can't be made and put on BlackBerry world

Posted via CB10
    gfondeur likes this.
    01-21-16 07:41 AM
    This is obviously part of the BB10 death kneel, but consider this: Most of the apps in BBW were sub-par anyway. There's no shame in admitting that - we all stuck it out with BB10 DESPITE a lack of apps.

We did that because it's a solid phone. I don't know what all of you like about it so much, but personally I cannot live without Reader Mode, scrolling through text with a space bar, and not having my every typed word relayed to Google, the largest advertising company in the history of the world.

So I'll stick it out until this Q10 finally dies. (It's already double-typing letters like a stutterer in print form.) when that happens, I'll class up to whatever is used, cheap and available.

But I'm not getting a Priv just so I can say I still have a BlackBerry, so just cut that out. I like(d) their phones because they're the best around - not because I'm a fanboy.

Posted via CB10
    I think you're onto something there. I mean I am enough of a fanboy that I would have gone with the Priv despite its offensive name, despite its outrageous price, despite its overheating and despite the creaks and crappy build quality if it would have had a keyboard the size and shape of a Bold 9900. Or even the size and shape of a 9810. But they didn't even come close.

After I stood by them from BBOS to PlayBook to BB10 you know they lost a customer when they screwed up enough to lose me. I'll be going android alright but with a company other than BlackBerry.

I dearly wanted a slider and a physical keyboard but they screwed it up so bad. Like they just wanted to say they had a physical keyboard.

Hope another company realizes that BlackBerry screwed up the Priv and beats BlackBerry at their own game with a usable keyboard.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2813 / T-Mobile
    lift likes this.
    01-21-16 07:46 AM
    Difficult.

I always prefer "Built for BlackBerry", but I also have a few great apps which do not have this mark.
    User reviews and the dev's reputation are more important for my purchase decision.

Still I don't understand why they killed this.
    If you encourage delevopers to make "built for blackberry" apps, then you should get more and more experienced developers who can build BB10 apps for enterprise. Everybody wins, err, ...at least I thought that.
    Bluenoser63 likes this.
    01-21-16 08:08 AM
    I'm interested in core apps like fb, Twitter, LinkedIn be kept up to date with their ever changing api. Simple request I thought.
    How dare you, you heathen!

01-21-16 08:09 AM
    This AppNinja:

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59974986

Written by a CB member.
    It looks like a great app, but it won't solve my problem at all. I have no intention of downloading and installing an app in order to find out whether or not it's a native BlackBerry 10 app, let alone paying for it first!

The point if the B4B badge is to let you know that an app is native in advance. Some of us don't want any apps using the Android runtime.

For that matter, I can't even tell if AppNinja is a native BB10 app!

Posted via CB10
    Bluenoser63 likes this.
    01-21-16 08:13 AM
    I don't completely understand this. Is the badging just gone or does this mean something with the app coding itself changes. If its just the badge being gone I don't see this as a big deal.
    01-21-16 08:19 AM
    It looks like a great app, but it won't solve my problem at all.
    Sure. I was however just clarifying what was meant, not giving a recommendation.

But I'm with you: I have no Android apps installed and would like to have the option of removing the runtime from my device.
    01-21-16 08:25 AM
    I don't completely understand this. Is the badging just gone or does this mean something with the app coding itself changes. If its just the badge being gone I don't see this as a big deal.
    Just the badge. BlackBerry saves itself the cost of having to do the more comprehensive reviews of the apps.
    01-21-16 08:27 AM
    For that matter, I can't even tell if AppNinja is a native BB10 app!
    I just purchased the app. It is a native app, of course.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    01-21-16 08:33 AM
344 ... 34567 ...