So let me get this straight.
    Submitted apps prior to Jan 19 2016 will not be reviewed or finish review for built for BlackBerry designation.
    Built for BlackBerry designation will be removed from all BlackBerry world apps next year.
    They are telling and encouraging developers to move apps to amazon but not updating the android runtime in BB10.

Now I got this straight, BlackBerry really thinks very little of their non enterprise consumers. Not that they thought much of us for the last few years. This just really confirms it.

Those that are in denial and thinking BB10 will be around for years to come, this announcement contradicts your view. This announcement is pretty much saying we have pulled the plug on BB10. Those that keep saying Chen has publicly stated commitment to BB10 are mistaken. BB10 is on life support with basic maintenance and security updates. Slowly BlackBerry is pulling the plug.
    I enjoyed BB10 phones from the Z30 to the classic to the black, red and now silver passport. I still use the silver passport as primary phone.

After this announcement I will be picking up an android or iphone. Use it as a secondary phone just to get use to the OS. As soon as I'm comfortable with the OS, bye bye BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Actually, they will disappear next month.
    01-20-16 10:44 PM
    BB10 is getting a slow and painful death ☠

-anyways I'm in the market to buy one of the 2k16 flagships (Samsung S6 | LG G5 | HTC One M10)

Posted via CB10
    01-20-16 10:49 PM
    This +1000. I have already moved to iPhone. I miss BlackBerry 10 but I'm not a sucker, I see when I am about to be shafted.
    Yup. Completely agree. BlackBerry will always be my favourite OS. Not for the apps but just the overall feel and use.
    I have an option through work that I can exercise to get a new phone since I brought my own phone, Passport SE.

Will be researching in the next few days the Priv or the iphone 6 plus.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-16 11:35 PM
    They are removing the "Built for BlackBerry" designation because, going forward, BlackBerry handsets run Android so it would be utterly confusing to give the "Built for BlackBerry" seal of approval for something that won't work on your new BlackBerry Priv. It just makes sense. Users go looking for software, the most, when they get a new device and you don't want them running into this kind of confusion.
    southlander likes this.
    01-20-16 11:58 PM
    BlackBerry will be the beginning of the End of Chen's winning streak....

Posted via CB10
    crackberry_geek and lift like this.
    01-21-16 12:10 AM
    Blackberry World is for BlackBerry OS, BlackBerry 10 and BlackBerry tablet devices. Why would someone be looking there for APP's on their Android devices? The minute you attempt to log in or download something it will say this doesn't apply to your device.

If that were the case, changing the wording to 'built for BlackBerry 10' should have been, in my opinion, the resulting change made.

Posted from my X00 Z30
    schwede, Bluenoser63 and FF22 like this.
    01-21-16 12:13 AM
    Whatever . That doesn't deter me from using BB10 devices . I have enough stocks of BB10 devices which I am sure can last for next 10 years if not more . I am sure JC shall support BB10 with security and other updates from time to time .
    I have purchased the Priv to taste the android flavour and the device is extremely good in terms of the performance . I dont like the android at all but am constrained to use it just in case ... But BBRY is surely not dead .
    01-21-16 12:28 AM
    BlackBerry will be the beginning of the End of Chen's winning streak....

Posted via CB10
    Spot-freaking-on!!

By this time next year the painfully obvious ineptitude of Chen will no longer be possible to deny.

Posted via CB10
    gfondeur and lift like this.
    01-21-16 12:32 AM
    You can use AppNinja to check both their build and source.
    I went to AppNinja.com, and it looks to be a payment site. How could I use that to find native BB10 apps?

Posted via CB10
    01-21-16 01:40 AM
    Spot-freaking-on!!

By this time next year the painfully obvious ineptitude of Chen will no longer be possible to deny.

Posted via CB10
    Where do they get their CEO's?!? Is it one of those cases of pretend to buy one and get incompetence for free

Posted via CB10
    gfondeur likes this.
    01-21-16 02:18 AM
    They could have shortened that notice to "congratulations you've been Chenned!"

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2813 / T-Mobile
    JeepBB, elfabio80 and gfondeur like this.
    01-21-16 02:19 AM
    One thing that i really dont understand. BlackBerry informed about 2 more updates (for now) that will bring upgrades to security and overall performance and everyone is saying that the system is dead... Really? What do you want to be added? What kind of new features? Instagram? If so then this system is clearly not for you. Go for ios. Blackberry will improve what is important in the system. If you looks at ios even there not all of the updates bring new features.
    Im checking my passport and i really struggle to come up with a feature that i would like to be added. In my opinion they do it right by simply fixing the invisible things. My only complaints are around ocassional little bugs that drive me crazy. If they remove these i really do not need any new additions. Is there some new amazing technology that is not supported by the system? I have never heard of any.
    The only thing i would like to have is pebble support but that is a question to pebble and not to BlackBerry.
    Folks please stop moaning. I dont care how many people are using BB10. It is currently the best system there is. If you are missing some feature... create an app for that if you really have to. Goddammit...
    majoko and gfondeur like this.
    01-21-16 02:21 AM
    One thing that i really dont understand. BlackBerry informed about 2 more updates (for now) that will bring upgrades to security and overall performance and everyone is saying that the system is dead... Really? What do you want to be added? What kind of new features? Instagram? If so then this system is clearly not for you. Go for ios. Blackberry will improve what is important in the system. If you looks at ios even there not all of the updates bring new features.
    Im checking my passport and i really struggle to come up with a feature that i would like to be added. In my opinion they do it right by simply fixing the invisible things. My only complaints are around ocassional little bugs that drive me crazy. If they remove these i really do not need any new additions. Is there some new amazing technology that is not supported by the system? I have never heard of any.
    The only thing i would like to have is pebble support but that is a question to pebble and not to BlackBerry.
    Folks please stop moaning. I dont care how many people are using BB10. It is currently the best system there is. If you are missing some feature... create an app for that if you really have to. Goddammit...
    I'm interested in core apps like fb, Twitter, LinkedIn be kept up to date with their ever changing api. Simple request I thought.
    schwede, JeepBB, reeneebob and 3 others like this.
    01-21-16 02:28 AM
    What do you want to be added? What kind of new features? Instagram?
    Nobody needs more of this social crap.

What about this PGP thing which has halfhearted been started but not finished at all? I would like to see this fully integrated into the Hub, including key generation for everyone and all that. THIS would be a feature. (I guess they will let it die silently.)
    01-21-16 02:57 AM
    Not surprised at all. Given all the warning signs, even a blind weatherman could have predicted this.

And yet ... me and the other "blind weathermen" who have been saying for a while that BB are "done" with BB10 keep getting shouted down ...
    Ronindan, FF22 and Witmen like this.
    01-21-16 02:58 AM
    But STICKERS are alive and well for ENTERPRISE and GOVERNMENT users. Long Live Stickers.
    It would be ilarius if somebody could do John Chen stickers!! Lol!!

Posted via CB10
    Doggerz and FF22 like this.
    01-21-16 03:02 AM
    Pull the plug on BBW without notice.
    Yeah right.

Ah, but BB *will* give notice.

I fully expect an upbeat PR in about 6-months trumpeting how successful has been the Priv and its access to the GPS ... and in a final sentence will say something like "... as many of our developers are using the GPS to make their Apps available to a growing audience, and few are now using BBW, the time has come to shutter BBW as using GPS provides better opportunities for our talented developers".

We'll see.
    gfondeur likes this.
    01-21-16 03:16 AM
    Hahahaha and it will work better

Posted via CB10

Well, two cans and string would certainly be more secure than Android.
    gfondeur and lift like this.
    01-21-16 03:19 AM
    And yet ... me and the other "blind weathermen" who have been saying for a while that BB are "done" with BB10 keep getting shouted down ...
    Same old CrackBerry lol

Some people just can't handle the truth.
    01-21-16 03:34 AM
    I went to AppNinja.com, and it looks to be a payment site. How could I use that to find native BB10 apps?
    This AppNinja:

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59974986

Written by a CB member.
    01-21-16 03:50 AM
    No people shop online at Amazon instead.... which was and is still just as damaging. (Yes I shop at Amazon too... but I could care less about so called small town America, it ain't nothing but meth labs at this point.)[/QUOTE]

That's because we have created a lazy and cheap society, I support my local stores in the community and I only buy something online when I can't get it at my local store. Local Small business owners employ people and create jobs. I will go to the Apple Store, Best Buy etc which is a half hour drive to buy something rather then buy it online.

The only benefit to shop online was the tax savings, but now most states tax internet sales, so the only benefit is convenience. Myself, I like talking to a human being when I buy something and not a PC screen, I feel we are loosing our ability to communicate face to face as human beings.

With people texting and paying more attention to their Facebook and Twitter post then actually talking to one another. I have got to the point when we have a family gathering, I force everyone to shut their phones off and communicate face to face like we used to do. Maybe I am to old school, but I know their are folks out there who feel like I do.
    01-21-16 04:12 AM
    I'm interested in core apps like fb, Twitter, LinkedIn be kept up to date with their ever changing api. Simple request I thought.
    Haven't got an update for Twitter and Facebook for a long time.
    And I don't think that I will see updates anytime soon.

To the people that say "get a Priv and move on" - if I wanted Android, I wouldn't take a BlackBerry.
    Doesn't matter how "secure" BlackBerry says it is - it's still Android and Google rips-off and sells all your private content.

It was all about BlackBerryOS - I'd even take the old (BBOS) 7.1 over any iOS or Android OS!

BlackBerry is losing it's credibility!

Also BlackBerry seem to forget WHO carried BlackBerry through the hard years between 2011-2013 - it were exactly those who use OS10 now and waited patiently for it with their BBOS devices!
    Without this "fan-core" BlackBerry already would be history!
    And now telling them to move to Android is just f*cked up!
    01-21-16 04:13 AM
    [QUOTE=penkejk;12220712] If you are missing some feature... create an app for that if you really have to. Goddammit...[/QUOTE

Haven't you read the notice, no more apps for BlackBerry! Only taking Android now!

Posted via CB10
    01-21-16 04:42 AM
    So can we expect huge price cuts for existing BB 10 phones? 😊

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Hobiano and gfondeur like this.
    01-21-16 05:16 AM
    This is a huge fuss over nothing. With the ongoing removal of Android ports from BBW to the amazon store, all apps in BBW will eventually become native only. So this program has become just expensive overhead and needed to be put out to pasture.

There has been some very good new apps added to BBW, recently. I would rather have quality over quantity anyway. We will go back to using the reputation of individual devs to determine the quality of their apps, which was always a more reliable system anyway.

� CB10 via BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition �
    gfondeur likes this.
    01-21-16 05:30 AM
344 ... 23456 ...