The Playbook punk was one thing, bailing on BBW would be much worse.
    The hand writing is already on the wall. Start writing your apps Android, no SDK for dev's, remove built for BlackBerry. It's their MO, kill it off bit by bit without specifically saying you are.

Posted from my X00 Z30
    Bluenoser63, lift, JeepBB and 2 others like this.
    01-20-16 08:43 PM
    Another move that needs " AIR CLEANED " Looks like they are still taking apps. Nothing has changed other than a dropped badge. Built for BB. Really someone tell us what is the big deal about this badge being dropped. Do developers need these badges? Did anyone need a badge?
    I want to know which BB10 apps are native, vs. Android ports using the runtime. I don't care about the badge, but I want that information.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-16 08:47 PM
    The hand writing is already on the wall. Start writing your apps Android, no SDK for dev's, remove built for BlackBerry. It's their MO, kill it off bit by bit without specifically saying you are.
    Pull the plug on BBW without notice.
    Yeah right.
    01-20-16 08:50 PM
    I hope developers don't get too hung over the logo disappearing. As far as I know, they can still build apps just as good, but it just won't be able to display that logo as a way to differentiate them. I can imagine some developers getting disappointed though. Windows 10 mobile looks attractive.
    gfondeur likes this.
    01-20-16 08:53 PM
    Go with the Priv. I'm very happy with mine.

BBM Channel: C0001F285
    I would rather use an old flip phone, thanks.
    jope28, lift, gfondeur and 1 others like this.
    01-20-16 08:56 PM
    I want to know which BB10 apps are native, vs. Android ports using the runtime. I don't care about the badge, but I want that information.

Posted via CB10
    You can use AppNinja to check both their build and source.
    01-20-16 08:56 PM
    why in the evil devils name is blackberry even selling bb10 devices on their website if they arent wiling to support it get rid of it entirely bb is being run by a bunch of henpecked luridi porci
    01-20-16 09:01 PM
    thanks for moving to android bb now we can hack and steal all those paid apk's we used to pay for on bbw.
    crackberry_geek likes this.
    01-20-16 09:03 PM
    That is the best reply that I've seen regarding switching to a Priv! Beautiful! hahaha

Dare to be different - Use Blackberry10
    lift, gfondeur and acovey like this.
    01-20-16 09:07 PM
    I would rather get two cans and a string rather then a Android phone.
    Hahahaha and it will work better

Posted via CB10
    lift, gfondeur and acovey like this.
    01-20-16 09:14 PM
    Well, at least we agree on not going Android, but differ in that I wouldn't have Apple either.
    I'd choose windows phone over iPhone. Researching online pretty much shows you that the privacy issues in windows phones can be corrected with the right settings.

I root for the underdog, so hopefully Jolla and Ubuntu have something more solid when my Passport eventually becomes unusable in a few years lol

 Passport/SQW100-3 .2876 CB10 
    The stance of Microsoft is very similar to Google, Apple has been vocal about privacy while Microsoft has been putting code to collect data from user's.

Don't interpret me wrongly, the walled garden of Apple is atrocious but if one looks at Google or Microsoft it's worse

I root for options and for the ability to see what the code is doing. Hence the support for Jolla and Sailfish

Posted via CB10
    lift and gfondeur like this.
    01-20-16 09:22 PM
    Another move that needs " AIR CLEANED " Looks like they are still taking apps. Nothing has changed other than a dropped badge. Built for BB. Really someone tell us what is the big deal about this badge being dropped. Do developers need these badges? Did anyone need a badge?
    As a BB10 user, I only look for BfB badges and if they don't have them, I don't install them as I don't want Android apps and want to support native developers like myself. So they are needed.
    lift, FF22, The_Passporter and 1 others like this.
    01-20-16 09:35 PM
    You can use AppNinja to check both their build and source.
    I don't want to waste time downloading an app just to find out that they aren't native.
    lift likes this.
    01-20-16 09:38 PM
    The writing is on the wall...
    Attached Thumbnails Built for BlackBerry - Dead!-1453347580011.jpg  
    DJBS4LIFE likes this.
    01-20-16 09:39 PM
    Is that Laurence Fishburne in his younger years?

Posted from my X00 Z30
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    01-20-16 09:48 PM
    So which is it? Cans and string or an old flip phone? Make up your mind!

*C5303
    01-20-16 09:48 PM
    So which is it? Cans and string or an old flip phone? Make up your mind!

*C5303
    Hahahaha!

Built for BlackBerry - Dead!-android-memes-1.jpg
    01-20-16 09:51 PM
    It's not dead. It lives on in our memories.
    01-20-16 09:55 PM
    Dear developers,

With our focus on enterprise customers, we are evolving our app strategy to focus on secure enterprise apps leveraging BlackBerry Enterprise Server and Good Powered by BlackBerry.
    Another positive statement you can add to your memory banks.

Posted from my X00 Z30
    lift and JeepBB like this.
    01-20-16 10:05 PM
    BlackBerry won't tell anyone they are killing off BB10 apps and devices because they want to sell the inventory they still have. So while selling BB10 devices, they are at the same time killing off BB10 app development. Killing off native app development will kill the platform before BlackBerry officially does it. Slimy and sneaky. I miss having a BB10 device and using the coupon codes scattered around the forums, I almost bought a Leap or Classic today. Glad I didn't. BlackBerry isn't getting another penny out of me. Maybe I will try and find a nice used BB10 device.
    01-20-16 10:12 PM
    Dear developers,

With our focus on enterprise customers, we are evolving our app strategy to focus on secure enterprise apps leveraging BlackBerry Enterprise Server and Good Powered by BlackBerry.
    WOW. That says it all right there.
    "Hey average consumers, don't bother buying BB10 devices because we are only going to support the enterprise market. Not that we want to, but we kind of have to because we have contracts to honor. Damn contracts, if it weren't for those, we would bail completely".
    crackberry_geek, gfondeur and Polt like this.
    01-20-16 10:16 PM
    I have a Motorola Razr V3 for sale
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    01-20-16 10:17 PM
    It's not dead. It lives on in our memories.
    Hilarious! There should be a good memorial service complete with a big portrait on an easel.

Posted via CB10 from Passport
    01-20-16 10:25 PM
    So let me get this straight.
    Submitted apps prior to Jan 19 2016 will not be reviewed or finish review for built for BlackBerry designation.
    Built for BlackBerry designation will be removed from all BlackBerry world apps next year.
    They are telling and encouraging developers to move apps to amazon but not updating the android runtime in BB10.

Now I got this straight, BlackBerry really thinks very little of their non enterprise consumers. Not that they thought much of us for the last few years. This just really confirms it.

Those that are in denial and thinking BB10 will be around for years to come, this announcement contradicts your view. This announcement is pretty much saying we have pulled the plug on BB10. Those that keep saying Chen has publicly stated commitment to BB10 are mistaken. BB10 is on life support with basic maintenance and security updates. Slowly BlackBerry is pulling the plug.
    I enjoyed BB10 phones from the Z30 to the classic to the black, red and now silver passport. I still use the silver passport as primary phone.

After this announcement I will be picking up an android or iphone. Use it as a secondary phone just to get use to the OS. As soon as I'm comfortable with the OS, bye bye BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-16 10:27 PM
    So let me get this straight.
    Submitted apps prior to Jan 19 2016 will not be reviewed or finish review for built for BlackBerry designation.
    Built for BlackBerry designation will be removed from all BlackBerry world apps next year.
    They are telling and encouraging developers to move apps to amazon but not updating the android runtime in BB10.

Now I got this straight, BlackBerry really thinks very little of their non enterprise consumers. Not that they thought much of us for the last few years. This just really confirms it.

Those that are in denial and thinking BB10 will be around for years to come, this announcement contradicts your view. This announcement is pretty much saying we have pulled the plug on BB10. Those that keep saying Chen has publicly stated commitment to BB10 are mistaken. BB10 is on life support with basic maintenance and security updates. Slowly BlackBerry is pulling the plug.
    I enjoyed BB10 phones from the Z30 to the classic to the black, red and now silver passport. I still use the silver passport as primary phone.

After this announcement I will be picking up an android or iphone. Use it as a secondary phone just to get use to the OS. As soon as I'm comfortable with the OS, bye bye BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    This +1000. I have already moved to iPhone. I miss BlackBerry 10 but I'm not a sucker, I see when I am about to be shafted.
    crackberry_geek likes this.
    01-20-16 10:36 PM
344 12345 ...