I hate you BlackBerry!!

Posted via Z30
    ssbtech, jope28 and gfondeur like this.
    01-20-16 05:07 PM
    Not surprised at all. Given all the warning signs, even a blind weatherman could have predicted this.
    JeepBB and Rello like this.
    01-20-16 05:15 PM
    Yeah it's not surprising, worse thing is the only alternative is Apple since Jolla and Ubuntu can't seem to pick up any steam

Please don't mention Google or Microsoft products, they're just equally bad

Posted via CB10
    jope28, Al moon, lift and 2 others like this.
    01-20-16 05:37 PM
    Yeah it's not surprising, worse thing is the only alternative is Apple since Jolla and Ubuntu can't seem to pick up any steam

Posted via CB10
    There is a new Sailfish Device been released soon by Intex, hopefully it will help it gain traction.

Posted via CB10
    jope28 and gfondeur like this.
    01-20-16 05:39 PM
    This shouldn't surprise anyone. Them not updating Facebook nor twitter in months speaks much louder than this in my opinion...

Posted via CB10
    But STICKERS are alive and well for ENTERPRISE and GOVERNMENT users. Long Live Stickers.
    01-20-16 05:49 PM
    There is a new Sailfish Device been released soon by Intex, hopefully it will help it gain traction.

Posted via CB10
    Is it the Fairphone 2?

Posted via CB10
    01-20-16 05:51 PM
    [edited to reflect the excellent news coverage in CB]

This is certainly a clear acknowledgment by BlackBerry that only Enterprise customers using secure EMM solutions are supposed to be buying BB10 phones from this point on.

Also, it's a clear notice to developers, as if one was needed, not to bother developing consumer apps for BB10.

I'm still a happy BB10 user as this will have no impact on me whatsoever, but it does tip the scales more in the direction of BB10 heading towards EOL rather than simply taking a break in development for a year or two (in case you were one of the folks who thought that night be the case.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by bb10adopter111; 01-20-16 at 07:04 PM.
    JeepBB likes this.
    01-20-16 05:51 PM
    You are the guy yelling at Mom and Pop for closing down their toy store that just happened to be located right across the street from the new Walmart.

John Chen is not against you. He is also most definitely not against BB10. He is probably not really against much, other than losing money. His only intentions behind any of the decisions he has made have been to bring BlackBerry back to profitability.

I'm just as sad as you and many others here that the days of BB10 being a current platform are numbered. However, if you think that Chen is out to get us in some way, then perhaps you should go to the self-help section of your local mom-and-pop bookstore and see if you can find one on the subject of not taking things personally. You will feel better once you can do that.

Posted via CB10
    Amen!!! And as far as Wal Mart, I try my hardest not to shop there. They have destroyed small business and small town America as we know it.
    gfondeur and oldtimeBBaddict like this.
    01-20-16 05:55 PM
    Is it the Fairphone 2?

Posted via CB10

No no, but there is a good Sailfish Port in progress for the Fair phone2

http://reviewjolla.blogspot.co.uk/20...phone.html?m=1

Posted via CB10
    gfondeur likes this.
    01-20-16 05:56 PM
    No no, but there is a good Sailfish Port in progress for the Fair phone2

http://reviewjolla.blogspot.co.uk/20...phone.html?m=1

Posted via CB10
    Thanks
    I'll keep my eye on the new developments of Sailfish OS,hopefully it does pick up some steam, the mobile OS world needs it

Also let's hope Web Standards pick up the pace too so we can get rid of this duopoly
    http://arstechnica.co.uk/information...apps-obsolete/

Posted via CB10
    gfondeur likes this.
    01-20-16 06:04 PM
    [QUOTE=bakron1;12219842]Amen!!! And as far as Wal Mart, I try my hardest not to shop there. They have destroyed small business and small town America as we know it.[/QUOTE]

No people shop online at Amazon instead.... which was and is still just as damaging. (Yes I shop at Amazon too... but I could care less about so called small town America, it ain't nothing but meth labs at this point.)
    01-20-16 06:24 PM

Posted via CB10
    Well, at least we agree on not going Android, but differ in that I wouldn't have Apple either.
    I'd choose windows phone over iPhone. Researching online pretty much shows you that the privacy issues in windows phones can be corrected with the right settings.

I root for the underdog, so hopefully Jolla and Ubuntu have something more solid when my Passport eventually becomes unusable in a few years lol

 Passport/SQW100-3 .2876 CB10 
    Jahcure and gfondeur like this.
    01-20-16 06:49 PM
    I'll say it again, what purpose does removing the existing built for BlackBerry designations serve? I can somewhat understand not putting time and effort into the approval system for new applications but not killing off any that are in place currently?

Between this and the comments for developers to start moving apps over to the Amazon store, you can bet BlackBerry World will be gone soon as well.

Posted from my X00 Z30
    JeepBB and gfondeur like this.
    01-20-16 07:10 PM
    Go with the Priv. I'm very happy with mine.

BBM Channel: C0001F285
    01-20-16 07:24 PM
    It's kinda sad, but at this point if you don't get the message about BB10 you never will.
    In a way, I feel like the person in a old deserted house who having ignored all the spooky signs suddenly wakes up when a disembodied voice finally yells "GET OUT"

Z30
    JeepBB likes this.
    01-20-16 07:42 PM
    Makes no sense removing the "Built for Blackberry" label and then rubbing it in, wooing developers for Android. I'm actually cheering for the "Black Hat's" to root a Priv to wipe the smugness off the Android crowd, and cause concerns for governments and businesses alike who are considering moving over to droids. I know I'll be using my Classic until it is no longer able to serve my needs. IMHO For the Android crowd, BlackBerry needs to establish a proven track record of security on Android.

Dare to be different - Use Blackberry10
    Last edited by mrmdls; 01-20-16 at 07:50 PM. Reason: spelling error
    lift and gfondeur like this.
    01-20-16 07:44 PM
    So, does this mean there will be no way of knowing which apps are native BB10 apps vs Android apps that use the run time???

How will we be able to tell which apps are native and employ best practices for BB10?

In 26 years of business in technology, I have never heard of ANY OS on ANY PLATFORM removing the certification designation for native applications already released and certified.

If I were a developer, I would investigate the viability of a lawsuit for breach of contract, possibly a class action suit. I'm not saying it would be successful, but I would look into it.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-16 07:45 PM
    So, does this mean there will be no way of knowing which apps are native BB10 apps vs Android apps that use the run time???

How will we be able to tell which apps are native and employ best practices for BB10?

In 26 years of business in technology, I have never heard of ANY OS on ANY PLATFORM removing the certification designation for native applications already released and certified.

If I were a developer, I would investigate the viability of a lawsuit for breach of contract, possibly a class action suit. I'm not saying it would be successful, but I would look into it.

Posted via CB10
    They are telling developers to write for Android because we are taking away any incentive to write native apps. As a developer who has spent time to learn how to program for BB10, once BB10 goes away, I will never work with BlackBerry again.
    01-20-16 07:48 PM

Well, not all native apps get the BfBB stamp. They are a proper subset of native apps, so there has never been a simple way to tell the difference...except by reading the vitriol in the comments, directed at Android apps in BBW.
    gfondeur likes this.
    01-20-16 07:52 PM
    I'll say it again, what purpose does removing the existing built for BlackBerry designations serve? I can somewhat understand not putting time and effort into the approval system for new applications but not killing off any that are in place currently?

Between this and the comments for developers to start moving apps over to the Amazon store, you can bet BlackBerry World will be gone soon as well.

Posted from my X00 Z30
    I don't see how they could get rid of BBW anytime soon.
    That would be a class A d-bag move.
    The existing native apps need to be hosted somewhere.
    Consumers and developers both have the reasonable expectation that BBW will not go dark for years.
    At some point in the future developers may not be able to add new apps but It should be years after the EOL of BB10 and BBOS that BBW finally goes offline.
    Of course this assumes that BlackBerry does not tank.

I think BB10 is taking a long walk off a short pier but I don't think BBW is in any immediate danger.
    Uzi likes this.
    01-20-16 07:57 PM
    You said it yourself, it would be a D- bag move. Similar to say you're going putting OS10 on a $600~700 PlayBook then bailing on it entirely? BlackBerry has now become SS BlackBerry, a ship without a rudder. I certainly hope no one expects they will put full support into their Android phones over the long run.

Posted from my X00 Z30
    01-20-16 08:21 PM
    You said it yourself, it would be a D- bag move. Similar to say you're going putting OS10 on a $600~700 PlayBook then bailing on it entirely? BlackBerry has now become SS BlackBerry, a ship without a rudder. I certainly hope no one expects they will put full support into their Android phones over the long run.

Posted from my X00 Z30
    The Playbook punk was one thing, bailing on BBW would be much worse.
    gfondeur likes this.
    01-20-16 08:27 PM
    Hey!

Guess what? Tomorrow is going to happen. Whether you live or or die.

I would think you all have some kind of plan for tomorrow (if you live). However, if you die...

Thanks for reading my post!

 Z10 STL 100-3 with vitamin (SR) 10.3.2.2836 (OS version 10.3.2.2876) on AT&T
    crucial bbq likes this.
    01-20-16 08:33 PM
    Another move that needs " AIR CLEANED " Looks like they are still taking apps. Nothing has changed other than a dropped badge. Built for BB. Really someone tell us what is the big deal about this badge being dropped. Do developers need these badges? Did anyone need a badge?
    01-20-16 08:41 PM
    Guys.. Give up. Get the Priv and keep enjoying what BlackBerry has to offer.

It's over.
    I would rather get two cans and a string rather then a Android phone.
    1khalid, Bluenoser63, lift and 2 others like this.
    01-20-16 08:42 PM
344 1234 ...