12-18-15 10:56 PM
403 ... 1112131415 ...
tools
    Are you on .2267/.2243 perhaps? If that's the case you might want to drop down to .1154.

Presently I'm trying to see if there's an older .bar file that can be swapped to return those errant notifications.
    I'm actually on .1581
    On the notifications settigs i can only choose profiles and adjust the volume and ringtone. The settings for whatsapp,emails,bbm that were there before are all gone now. Only things that's left are contact notifications and lock screen settings.
    02-22-15 05:32 PM
    Instead of making unnecessary changes (like the Calendar, UI, etc...) they should have worked on adding refinements. All this talk about the notification bug reminded me of how nice it would be to use the Quick Settings page to cycle through notifications instead of being limited to Normal and Silent.
    02-22-15 05:38 PM
    All this talk about the notification bug reminded me of how nice it would be to use the Quick Settings page to cycle through notifications instead of being limited to Normal and Silent.
    Settings->System Settings->Notifications->Quick Settings
    Bugs in official 10.3.1.2243-img_20150222_172904.png
    Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.2267
    pttptppt likes this.
    02-22-15 08:32 PM
    Here are the bugs encountered so far on my Z10 (STL100-3):

- Search performed within BlackBerry Assistant couldn't find my installed app.

- Unable to change wallpaper when Parental Controls is ON.

- Remember app doesn't move completed tasks from "Today" to "Completed Earlier" section.

- No Sound or LED reminder notification in Calendar
    I've just completed an OS reload but unfortunately didn't solve any of these issues.
    02-22-15 09:28 PM
    Instead of making unnecessary changes (like the Calendar, UI, etc...) they should have worked on adding refinements. All this talk about the notification bug reminded me of how nice it would be to use the Quick Settings page to cycle through notifications instead of being limited to Normal and Silent.
    Instead of complaining you need to explore more

Passport, SQW 100-1, 10.3.0.1154
    02-22-15 09:42 PM
    * Calendar reminders have no sound
    I have that problem on my Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.2267
    You need to turn the sound on for the calendar

Notifications >select the profile you want> customize app notifications > select calendar or any app that's listed.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 11:09 PM
    And this is why I update using autoloaders and SIC. Haven't seen any of the bugs named on this thread. (knock on wood)

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 11:39 PM
    Settings->System Settings->Notifications->Quick Settings
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150222_172904.png 
Views:	972 
Size:	103.5 KB 
ID:	336124
    Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.2267
    Finally. I didn't see that in the release notes (I'm not installing 10.3)

And what about the multitude of alert profiles that were available back in BBOS7?
    02-23-15 12:00 AM
    Most of the apps in BlackBerry world not installing.... :/ and not even one apk file can b installed.... (pls dont say turn on allow apps from other sources) am not a kid to unaware of it... pls giv me any suggestions

Posted via CB10
    VITOS72 likes this.
    02-23-15 01:16 AM
    Sounds like you don't have the proper setting turned on:
    Settings > App Manager > Installing Apps > "Allow Apps from Other Sources to be Installed"
    Hope this helps!
    Have settings as above but Amazon and other app stores canot load or update android apps.

..Tom
    02-23-15 01:27 AM
    I updated my Z30 last night and I must say, I am so impressed. Everything's runs okay, No WiFi or rotation issue or low notification.

I did a security wipe after taking back up my contacts,hub messages, WhatsApp and remember notes . Moved some media files which I didn't required. And then updated the OS after wipe.

Restored contacts, messages , calender, remember notes and WhatsApp. Downloaded all the app back. And it is working perfectly like a charm. Is buttery smooth and didn't took much too settle down too.

I am impressed. A Good Birthday gift from BlackBerry.

PS: I have always been on Official OS.

Kudos.!

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 01:55 AM
    yup the gmail resync works. I tried the suggestion with the sim card and merge settings.. no luck. I guess it wiped out info from sim card... I should have backed up. Thanks for the help!
    I don't save anytning to sim or local personally. Saving to my email is the best for me, that way it's impossible to accidently lose contacts.

Posted via CB10
    OzDude likes this.
    02-23-15 02:05 AM
    I don't save anytning to sim or local personally. Saving to my email is the best for me, that way it's impossible to accidently lose contacts.

Posted via CB10
    This is what I do. Also seems to solve the issue of duplicate contacts.

Posted by Passport, BlackBerry's Beast!
    02-23-15 02:14 AM
    This is what I do. Also seems to solve the issue of duplicate contacts.

Can't be duplicated if it's from one source. It's a small workaround worth doing.

Posted via CB10
    OzDude likes this.
    02-23-15 02:26 AM
    Can't be duplicated if it's from one source. It's a small workaround worth doing.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed, and easy to add contacts after a wipe, just add the email account and bam, contacts added. I also make sure when adding new contacts to de-select "Local" and anything else if it is checked.

02-23-15 02:28 AM
    Whoa, the bugs are quite scary lol.
    anyone tested with Z10 stl100-2? any bugs with stl100-2? or is it running stable enough?
    I'm about to update but suddenly i saw this forum lol.
    maybe I'll have to wait..
    02-23-15 04:30 AM
    Whoa, the bugs are quite scary lol.
    anyone tested with Z10 stl100-2? any bugs with stl100-2? or is it running stable enough?
    I'm about to update but suddenly i saw this forum lol.
    maybe I'll have to wait..
    02-23-15 04:34 AM
    Can't say that I have had a single one of the problems mentioned above on my Q5 update 3 days ago.
    02-23-15 06:19 AM
    I found that i'm no longer receiving Facebook notifications in the Hub, even after the new Facebook app update.
    02-23-15 07:26 AM
    OH. Yes . The current version of calendar can't be called PRODUCTIVITY TOOL.
    Even Blackberry OS7 had more usefull calendar, for sake!
    Bugs in official 10.3.1.2243-8d3a7_calendar_pro_sbsh.png
    muindor likes this.
    02-23-15 07:54 AM
    Updated to 10.3.1.1581 on my Q10 (SQN100-3) through Fido last week. Not sure if anything is different in 2243, but this is what I've noticed so far in 1581.

- When scrolling in the hub the attachments paperclip, search magnifying glass, and word "Compose" auto-hide, but the three line button on the left, the three dot button on the right and the big blue Compose button don't. This leaves the hub looking rather silly - and doesn't help with readability at all (which is what I presume that auto-hide is supposed to do).
    - The same thing happens when scrolling through an email, except it's a big blue "Reply All" button that stays (Reply and Forward auto-hide)

- Lag when writing an SMS. The first character appears right away, but it can take 5 to 10 seconds for the display to catch up with my typing. Then I have to go back and fix all the ddoouuble tyyppinnngg from this awful keyboard

- The camera focus is far too slow to photograph anything that is moving. Whipping out the phone to grab a quick shot of a nephew doing something cute is simply impossible. And if it happens to be in a dim room...I don't even bother to make the attempt.

- The notification volume issue. I have a customized notification sound for my fiance's texts, and immediately after the update the volume was normal. Actually, it was "dinging" nice and loud even though the phone was on silent at the time - which I figured out how to fix. It set her contact's sound setting to "On" instead of "Profile Setting". When I set it to "Profile Setting" the volume got very low. But then poking around a bit I saw that the volume slider for notifications was set to almost off. Putting this back up seemed to fix that.

- All my old, deleted Facebook notifications re-appeared after the update/reboot. That's not new for this update, it happens on all of them. I wouldn't care except that some of them come back as unread, so they show up on the lock screen. I did eventually figure out that "pinching" filters by unread messages, so it's easier to get rid of them, though I don't know why this has to be hidden in the "Pinch Filter Criteria" setting and isn't more easily discovered (no, I didn't read the manual).

That's all I've hit so far, but I'm not a heavy user.
    02-23-15 03:27 PM
    I have had not had a single problem listed in this thread mwhahahahahhahahahahahahahahah

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 03:28 PM
    I have had not had a single problem listed in this thread mwhahahahahhahahahahahahahahah

Posted via CB10
    So you're the one, are you a BB tester, lol
    02-23-15 06:05 PM
    I have a Q10 and after the update when I call certain numbers the caller can't hear me but I can hear them. If they call me it works fine.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 06:41 PM
    I have an stl100-2 and when i updated i couldn't use the phone the camera wouldn't work said device was to hot phone was stuck on emergency calls only and the phone went from smooth to running a bit laggy but the small experience i had before going back to 10.2.1 i liked the look and feel of new os but the bugs need to be ironed out. i would wait until a newer version come out as they might have fixed the issues. ( i was using 10.3.1.1565)
    02-23-15 06:56 PM
403 ... 1112131415 ...