Last week, I upgraded from the Bold 9930 to the Classic, and I have noticed that the scroll bar / place holder that should appear on the right side of any webpage is technically there but is almost invisible on the Classic. The Bold had a much more prominent one. It is particularly annoying when reading a newspaper article because it is useful to know how long the article is and where you are currently holding relative to the article's length. Of course, this is the reason the scroll bar has always existed on every other Blackberry. It is no less useful today than it was 5 years ago, so why has its size been reduced and the color contrast diluted so much? Does anyone else notice this? Is there any way to fix this? If not, the developers reading my post should take note and patch this in the very next iteration of the OS.
    08-30-15 09:42 AM
    It's not a bug it's just how they designed it, it's a Scroll Indicator not an actual scroll bar.

This is a third party community forum btw, not an actual BlackBerry official forum
    08-30-15 09:48 AM
    It's not a bug it's just how they designed it, it's a Scroll Indicator not an actual scroll bar.

This is a third party community forum btw, not an actual BlackBerry official forum
    Call it what you want- scroll indicator or scroll bar. I agree that scroll indicator is probably more accurate, but that doesnt solve the problem. The indicator is not an indicator if you can barely see it. Because it is so faint, you literally have to stare at it for 20 seconds and move the page up and down to spot it and discern where it is.
    08-30-15 10:03 AM
    Working as intended, not a bug.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-15 02:09 PM
    It's not a bug but if you want to register it at such (or for a new feature), you can always post it on the BlackBerry Jira :
    https://www.blackberry.com/jira/secure/Dashboard.jspa

Anyway, the CrackBerry's forum is not here for bug report.
    08-30-15 02:34 PM
    Bug Report: this Josh guy thinks there's a bug even though this is his first time using BlackBerry 10.

Typed on my posh black Classic.
    habs_fan likes this.
    08-30-15 03:05 PM
    It's not a bug but if you want to register it at such (or for a new feature), you can always post it on the BlackBerry Jira :
    https://www.blackberry.com/jira/secure/Dashboard.jspa

Anyway, the CrackBerry's forum is not here for bug report.
    First, thanks, this is a very helpful link. However, is the forum in that link for app developers or for general users? As I perused the website, it was a bit confusing to me and looked very "techie."

Second, I beg to differ with your comment that "the CrackBerry's forum is not here for bug report." I am quite certain that the developers are reading the postings both on Crackberry and on the supportforums.blackberry site. It stands to reason that they are doing so, and I know that, at some point recently, I have read so online from someone who seemed to be trustworthy (maybe a genius of geniuses or something of that nature). And, I am quite sure that they pay particular attention to the threads that talk about problems and issues with the OS or devices. If someone makes a cogent complaint and, all the more, if a mass of people affirm the complaint as something that also bothers them, then it heightens the likelihood that the issue will get noticed and resolved. I am not posting these issues for my health or out of naivete.
    08-31-15 12:20 AM
    Just go to the blackberry support forums

Posted via CB10
    08-31-15 01:37 AM
    Type space bar to scroll down, screen by screen.
    Type [T] to come back to the top of the page
    Type [B] to directily get to the bottom of the page (very useful to get to the site-map or links to next or previous pages)

BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.2.2.1531; BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.1.2480
    08-31-15 03:27 AM
    However, is the forum in that link for app developers or for general users? As I perused the website, it was a bit confusing to me and looked very "techie."
    It's a developer interface to report bug and follow it until its resolution. You can fill a new one even if you're not part of the Beta crew I think. Select the BlackBerry 10 page before creating a new entry (Top right).
    Bug Report: Browser scroll bar / placeholder almost invisible-img_20150828_012928.png

Second, I beg to differ with your comment that "the CrackBerry's forum is not here for bug report." I am quite certain that the developers are reading the postings both on Crackberry and on the supportforums.blackberry site.
    I doubt it very much, it's too damn time consuming.
    There are testing beta OS reserved for a bunch of people, and they are the ones that mainly report on bug. Of course, if there is a lot of noise around a feature/bug, this group will report it right away (or a support guy will report to them).
    08-31-15 05:38 AM
    First, thanks, this is a very helpful link. However, is the forum in that link for app developers or for general users? As I perused the website, it was a bit confusing to me and looked very "techie."

Second, I beg to differ with your comment that "the CrackBerry's forum is not here for bug report." I am quite certain that the developers are reading the postings both on Crackberry and on the supportforums.blackberry site. It stands to reason that they are doing so, and I know that, at some point recently, I have read so online from someone who seemed to be trustworthy (maybe a genius of geniuses or something of that nature). And, I am quite sure that they pay particular attention to the threads that talk about problems and issues with the OS or devices. If someone makes a cogent complaint and, all the more, if a mass of people affirm the complaint as something that also bothers them, then it heightens the likelihood that the issue will get noticed and resolved. I am not posting these issues for my health or out of naivete.
    It is very techie because that is what is needed to make an actual bug report that can be actioned by the developers.

Don't assume that they are reading CB looking for bugs. Some users in the UK were reporting a bug on here for over a year that got no action. I reported it on Jira and it was fixed within a couple of months. They may be reading CB, and they may action stuff they find actionable, but to be honest your reports look like someone who hasn't taken the time to understand how to use the tools and why they have been designed to work the way they do.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.2.2252 SR 10.3.2.2168
    08-31-15 09:01 AM
    Who cares about that scrolling indicator. If you just scroll a little bit it appears and it's obviously made to be less visible so as not to block content.

If you're the only one complaining about it you're gonna have a hard time.
    08-31-15 09:12 AM
    I'm only going to answer your silly question which your posted on every other unnecessary "bug" reports that aren't actual bugs.

A bug is something in software that breaks functionality or that causes the software to not work correctly. Each and every one of your ficticios bug reports are you just acting like an entitled child wailing to get what you want how you want it. Stop posting you're bug reports; this is neither an official BlackBerry forum nor do any of the users here care that you don't think that these certain aspects you have posted are working as they were designed to. We all here know that it's working exactly as it was designed even when we don't always agree on how it BlackBerry designed it to work.

Posted via CB10
    AidenSurvival likes this.
    09-01-15 04:15 AM