Thinking of buying one of these to stream the music from my phone to a hifi. Anybody already gone there?
    06-08-14 05:26 AM
    Curently I have two main contenders:

Arcam miniBlink, miniBlink Bluetooth DAC which is priced at 90 sterling; and

Nyrius Songo, Nyrius - Songo HiFi available for 40-50 sterling, with many similar units available at similar prices.

From the marketing literature, the Arcam claims to have its own DAC, claims not replicated by other manufacturers in their literature, but has only one audio output. Is that enough to justify being twice the cost?
    06-08-14 06:05 AM
    I'm in the HiFi trade, and I've heard the "full fat" rBlink running into some very serious kit with music from my Z10.

The big difference with the "mini" version is that it doesn't offer a digital output to run through an even more superior external DAC, like their irDAC.

In essence, the rBlink can be further upgraded by way of such an off board DAC, and the mini will only ever offer the audio performance of the regular rBlink's analogue output.

However, that's not really a caveat when you hear how good the common components of both versions can sound.

If you have decent, low compression files on your handheld, and a nice stereo (not a five figure GBP price tag, but not a two hundred quid far eastern cardboard box full of cheap components and flashing lights) then I think it's worth it.

If in doubt, get yourself to a proper hifi shop, and ask for a proper demonstration.

If unconvinced, don't buy.

Hope this helps

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by naimiac; 06-09-14 at 01:39 AM.
    06-08-14 01:00 PM