Stock Verizon 10.1.0.2039 Z10, never sideloaded anything, minimal (the usual) apps from BlackBerry World .

If I start the Browser manually, enter a website and click Go, it just sits there. Nothing happens. It's also missing the tabs menu on the left and the overflow menu on the right.

Weirdly, if I tap on a link in Twitter or another app, it opens the link just fine. It's only a problem when I start the Browser app by tapping on it when it's not already running.

It also does nothing when I click on the Display and Actions settings option. The other settings work.

Tried the usual suspects: battery pull, normal restart, uninstalled any extra apps, ran just the Browser by itself, cleared the cache and history. I guess I'm down to reloading the OS, but just wondered if there's anything I'm missing before going through all that?
    Attached Thumbnails Browser won't open new website?-nobrowser.png  
    08-27-13 07:32 PM
    You could try another browser. Try Shao's Evo browser.
    08-27-13 08:12 PM
    Search "frozen browser" and follow one or both of the two solutions to reset your browser.

Posted via CB10
    katesbb likes this.
    08-27-13 10:13 PM
    Search "frozen browser" and follow one or both of the two solutions to reset your browser.
    Ah thanks! I shoulda found that on my own, I apologize for being a lazy searcher

I already did do the full reload of the OS, but at least I know it's "not just me" lol, and that there's a possible solution (which I've noted) the next time it happens.
    08-27-13 10:20 PM
    Ah thanks! I shoulda found that on my own, I apologize for being a lazy searcher

I already did do the full reload of the OS, but at least I know it's "not just me" lol, and that there's a possible solution (which I've noted) the next time it happens.
    Hey, no worries. I have to do Solution 2 every 3 weeks. No idea why but it fixes it every time.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 10:30 PM
    I have the same problem - and both option 1 and option 2 do not work from the "frozen browser" thread. I am on stock Verizon 10.1 like the op. Since I cannot open browser settings, I cannot clear the cache.

The problem started when I changed my display and actions browser settings to "show last tabs on startup " and changed home page to "open a specific page "

Shott of reloading the entire os, does anyone have any alternate ideas?

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 01:52 PM
    Sorry to hear that. Those solutions have saved many a user.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 01:56 PM