Hello all,

I am looking to try a install and browser onto my BB10 phone for temporary use. I want to try one that when I uninstall it, I can remove it completely. I don't want any files or folders left behind.

I will try to play around with the BB10 certificate update to see if I can get the BB10 browser working, but if not I will seek an apk.

Any suggestions, version, links?

By the way, my BB10 phones are my daily driver in 2024.
    03-03-24 03:33 PM
    You can get Kiwi and Fennec/Firefox here

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...ricks-1173929/

I think you can delete data via Device Monitor (before deleting the browser). But hopefully someone else here will know for certain.

Rock on BB10.
    03-03-24 06:03 PM
    Hello all,

I am looking to try a install and browser onto my BB10 phone for temporary use. I want to try one that when I uninstall it, I can remove it completely. I don't want any files or folders left behind.

I will try to play around with the BB10 certificate update to see if I can get the BB10 browser working, but if not I will seek an apk.

Any suggestions, version, links?

By the way, my BB10 phones are my daily driver in 2024.
    Here you have certificates I imported from Mozilla. I also use Chrome 68. apk. You can get it from here:
    https://bbstore.vercel.app/apps/Bxu3OitvXmCduv3qVopZ

Funny thing, Chrome is too old you open apk mirror website (for example), but with these cetrs you can easily open it with native browser... and many other websites. BTW don't forget to disable DST Root CA X3 to make them work. Good luck
    Attached Files
    kayuz6 likes this.
    03-04-24 03:48 AM
    I'm using a BB Z30 currently since my main phone is broken, so there's a way to import newer certs?
    Apkmirror opens fine on native browser
    03-04-24 05:07 PM
    I'm using a BB Z30 currently since my main phone is broken, so there's a way to import newer certs?
    Yeah you might check out this thread from more info on doing it... https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...edure-1192161/

But understand this isn't a fix all for the limits of the native browser...
    03-05-24 09:07 AM
    There is a video on updating certificates on this YouTube site. https://www.youtube.com/@projectberry10

.....but yeah, that won't fix everything, that's for sure.
    03-05-24 12:36 PM
    projectberry10 is doing a great work for BB 10! Yes of course, anyway it improves things!
    03-09-24 05:01 PM
    Quick update.

I was already using the Blackberry native browser, QBrowser and also Browsie Browser, but neither would allow me to access a specific site and log in. I could use those to view other sites like general websites (news, forums, etc). But I could not log into mail.com. Even after certificate update/import, it failed. So, I have installed the latest Kiwi browser for BB10 (4.1+ runtime) from apkmirror and this allows me to log into the mail site.

So all good now. I really wish that Blackberry had given us the last really good update for the browser and system tweaks before closing shop (10.4)
    03-09-24 07:02 PM
    Quick update.

I was already using the Blackberry native browser, QBrowser and also Browsie Browser, but neither would allow me to access a specific site and log in. I could use those to view other sites like general websites (news, forums, etc). But I could not log into mail.com. Even after certificate update/import, it failed. So, I have installed the latest Kiwi browser for BB10 (4.1+ runtime) from apkmirror and this allows me to log into the mail site.

So all good now. I really wish that Blackberry had given us the last really good update for the browser and system tweaks before closing shop (10.4)
    Yes, I agree 100%, it would be a really nice gesture towards loyal BlackBerry users, especially knowing that the QNX platform is not dead, but is still being developed and improved in the automotive industry. But the sad truth is that BlackBerry simply showed how much they really carred about their long-time customers.
    03-11-24 02:58 AM
    Yes, I agree 100%, it would be a really nice gesture towards loyal BlackBerry users, especially knowing that the QNX platform is not dead, but is still being developed and improved in the automotive industry. But the sad truth is that BlackBerry simply showed how much they really carred about their long-time customers.
    They were a business... BB10 got "some" updates till 2018, long after BB10 was internally EOL, and even after they pulled out of smartphones.

But huge differences in QNX and BB10, continued development on one wouldn't translate to the other. But as a business that has been losing money for nearly a decade, I'm not sure exactly what you expected of them. It was pretty clear in 2013 how this was going to go... expecting them to offer support?
    03-11-24 07:26 AM
    Most of the core elements of the browser are within the OS itself, whereas the browser app is mainly the GUI component. This would not have been a trivial upgrade.
    03-11-24 07:51 AM