Sad... so sad, this past month I have flown on United and (never again) AC Rouge airlines. Both in flight entertainment systems said the same thing browser not compatible with our system. Why does an iPhone or Ipad who also don't support flash work? WTF blackberry?

Posted via CB10
    06-13-15 11:25 PM
    Were you using desktop mode? It should have worked if not. I can't remember if my Z30 worked or not the last time I was on Rouge. I remember browsing their selection but I'm not sure if I watched anything.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-15 11:35 PM
    Desktop mode on. So disappointed, Blackberry 10 is amazing and blows the doors off apple ios as a former mac evangelist .

Posted via CB10
    06-13-15 11:41 PM
    Sad... so sad, this past month I have flown on United and (never again) AC Rouge airlines. Both in flight entertainment systems said the same thing browser not compatible with our system. Why does an iPhone or Ipad who also don't support flash work? WTF blackberry?

Posted via CB10
    Not a BB issue, at least on Air Canada Rouge, they ask you to download an IOS App or rent an iPad for entertainment. Seems strange a Canadian Airline NOT supporting a Canadian phone company. Not happy.
    06-14-15 12:12 AM

Posted via CB10
    I didn't bother paying for the wifi (I like to read on a plane), but I used my Z10 on a United 737/900 to see where the plane was located using there real time tracking. It worked, though it didn't update automatically. On a flight about a year ago, the tracking was refreshing automatically. That was on a 757 IIRC. (obviously a retrofit wifi on an old airframe.)

For fun, well relatively speaking, run the Android app Fing. It works fine on bb10. The wifi network is not isolated. You can see every device on the network and even port sniff. Needless to say they did a poor job regarding security.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 12:46 AM
    I recently flew on Southwest airlines and had no problems using the inflight wifi on my Passport. Worked flawlessly.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 02:16 AM
    Desktop mode on. So disappointed, Blackberry 10 is amazing and blows the doors off apple ios as a former mac evangelist .

Posted via CB10
    That sounds like the issue. Turn off desktop mode. The website is probably designed to work with mobile devices. When you turn desktop mode on you are no longer a mobile device.. you are a PC.
    This is a design don't be the web developers of the airlines website. I'm not sure why they would not support desktop PC sizing.

 Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2204 
    06-14-15 07:59 AM
    It might depend on the type of plane itself. On a recent flight to Houston from YVR I was able to get all of United's offerings for their inflight entertainment, and I was able to automatically track my flight. I was using my Passport. On the return flight (different and older plane), I only got the plane tracking and it was flakey. I could have purchased the inflight wifi but didn't.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 01:28 PM
    I tried it with desktop on and off. Was able to browse all the channels it just wouldn't play anything. So frustrating. If airline systems had qnx would it work?

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 02:02 PM
    I tried it with desktop on and off. Was able to browse all the channels it just wouldn't play anything. So frustrating. If airline systems had qnx would it work?

Posted via CB10
    Could it be they are playing content in flash? Tried a flash browser?

 Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2204 
    06-14-15 02:25 PM
    If I remember correctly, the android app works. I think you get it from their Web page

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 02:27 PM
    I fly Delta a lot, I can use my passport for everything other than watching one of the movie / TV shows. I am asked to download an Android, apple or Windows app. No Blackberry option.

Passport running on 10.3.1.2708
    06-14-15 02:34 PM
    OP, use Browsie Browser (native app from bbw) and set user agent to iPhone. Done.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2204
    PatrickMJS and CmdrStraker like this.
    06-14-15 02:37 PM
    Last year when I flew on Southwest, I had no problems using my Z30, and even the PlayBook could handle the free in-flight videos.

Maybe using a browser that can change it's user agent would work.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-15 07:48 PM
    Had the same problem on delta the last few weeks. Next trip I will try the suggestions here

STL-4. 10.3.1.2726
    06-15-15 08:59 PM
    Air Transat had same issue. F'n annoying, but glad I have Browsie for future flights.
    06-16-15 01:51 AM
    OP, use Browsie Browser (native app from bbw) and set user agent to iPhone. Done.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2204
    Thanks, Conite.

I wish I had read this before I flew.

I took the time to install the AC app from Snap. It opened and presented the list of shows, but each time I chose one, the screen would say"Bad Request".

And I already had Browsie Browser on my phone but didn't know about the "user agent" setting. Next time.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-15 06:15 PM
    I flew Rouge this week and can confirm that Browsie Browser does not work on my BB10 classic for the in-flight entertainment.
    It looked like it wanted to work and the commercial started to play then it becomes unstable and locks up, regardless of the user agent selected...
    Air Canada sucks!
    Cheers,
    Jon
    08-09-16 07:16 AM
    I tried Browsie browser on my PPSE on a united 757 on Iphone user agent mode. It didn;t show the same "flash missing, download to play" notifications on the unitedwifi.com site, but when i played a movie, it immediately crashed the phone and caused it to reboot.

I tried the default browser in both destop and mobile, no change to the "flash missing" notification.

I didn't try downloading their 70mb app while roaming for obvious reasons.
    08-09-16 09:24 AM

Posted via CB10
    Why do so many people think that there should be a magical union between BB10 and QNX systems? Almost none of the web servers in the world use QNX, but we can still browse. Almost all the big routers run QNX, but iPhone and Android packets still get routed.

I was on an AC flight a week ago, six or seven of the built in entertainment systems didn't work. It was probably the combination of desktop mode and the crappy job the developers do with the software. Just be thankful the same companies don't write the aircraft software.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2876
    08-09-16 03:48 PM
    I've complained to United about this too, but no feedback from them. They probably could care less about a device family with negligible market share and fast approaching EOL for all practical purposes, and I can't say I blame them.
    08-09-16 07:15 PM
    Just use Firefox for Android.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-16 03:20 AM