I searched and couldn't find much info, if I missed a thread on this, my apologies!

My default method of browsing when reading nytimes for example, is to scroll through and open interesting articles in a new tab.

i'll then have (for example)

1 tab nytimes.com
    2nd tab article 1
    3rd tab article 2
    4th tab article 3

when i go to each tab, it loads the tab, no issue

when i go back to the first tab, it will reload that tab, and any other tab that i have already opened and loaded is RELOADED when i tap on it....

is there anyway to change this? I looked through the settings and couldn't find something that would work.

the reason I don't want it to reload a tab its already loaded is because often i'm without service, so I'd like to have it open when I have service, and can then read it a few minutes later when I dont have service (I take a 2hr train ride to/from work with spotty coverage)

any help is greatly appreciated!
    12-04-14 03:54 PM
    The problem is the browser can only cache so much. I have no problem overnight sometimes with 6-8 tabs open, but some sites will give me heck switching with 2-3. Might help to reboot 10min before you try loading your tabs.
    12-04-14 04:32 PM
    The problem is the browser can only cache so much. I have no problem overnight sometimes with 6-8 tabs open, but some sites will give me heck switching with 2-3. Might help to reboot 10min before you try loading your tabs.
    That makes a lot of sense, thank you for explaining that.

Reboot is a great tip, i'll try tomorrow and see how it goes.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 05:30 PM
    There is one more thing, but I'm betting the browser has a set cache size, so while I as an OCD user does it, I'm not sure it helps with your specific issue. Make sure and be cautious if you try this!!!

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...d-flab-977846/

Oh, and either use the volume key reboot, or a hard reset holding the top button till you see the white BlackBerry then waiting a minute and clicking the top button again. I suggested waiting 10min, because the phone is always a tad hinky for a bit after rebooting.
    12-04-14 06:10 PM
    There is one more thing, but I'm betting the browser has a set cache size, so while I as an OCD user does it, I'm not sure it helps with your specific issue. Make sure and be cautious if you try this!!!

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...d-flab-977846/

Oh, and either use the volume key reboot, or a hard reset holding the top button till you see the white BlackBerry then waiting a minute and clicking the top button again. I suggested waiting 10min, because the phone is always a tad hinky for a bit after rebooting.
    i'm OCD as well... always do my own mini clean up before loading up a new OS

I noticed already that with pages without alot of random stuff on them seem to be ok.

I also didn't think about just saving the webpage... which totally resolves the issue as well, but i'm still going to try the reboot to test it out.

Going off of what you said about the cache, in developer tools, i've always left it on. If I toggle it on and off, would that clear the cache? maybe switch if off, close browser, open again and it clears?

I really hope i'm not the only one who will benefit from this thread!
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    12-05-14 01:02 PM
    I will at least

Didn't think about the save! That took a bit to behave, and couldn't be accessed as expected. Need to long press from file manager, and then choose browser for G_d knows what reason. It actually saves as a folder, with every image, js file, etc separate within, and... the HTML image itself as a file outside it. Gonna have to play some more, because my PC lists it as a Firefox HTML Doc, but I did open it first in Flashfox, though I doubt that changed the file at all. One more thing on the save. I'd change the name each time, to something more descriptive. Looks like otherwise you'll end up with Browser - new tabs - refresh - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com.html, then I'm sure it will add (1), (2) and so on. Ugly, and very nondescript.
    Never mind, that was stooooopid!

The cache button I've always left on, but ya got me curious about that too.
    12-05-14 01:23 PM
    1) Tested saved in airplane mode, just to confirm it worked.
    2) Turned off disk cache, then opened 21 unique tabs. Had zero impact, then...
    3) Researched disk cache and learned why, LoL

preference - HTML5/WebWorks for BB10 - BlackBerry Developer

I do love the BB10 native browser, and wish BlackBerry could market their way out of a paper bag. It's a shining example just how good the OS is, even with the way outdated hardware on my Z10.
    12-05-14 02:11 PM