Hi guys,

My wife complains repeatedly that the blackberry browser on her Z10 is sometimes not responding to her clicks when she double taps on a hyper link or a button. Any ideas why this is happening? She is coming from iphone4 and so this may just be a comparative weakness between browsers.

The other issue is that she says pages often only load partly and she has to keep reloading before they finally load fully. Any one know why this is?

She is incredibly frustrated by this.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 03:55 PM
    I have had a great experience with the Z10 browser. What OS build is she using?
    03-17-14 03:12 PM
    10.2.1. Most recent

Posted via CB10
    03-18-14 05:08 PM
    Does she have long nails? Maybe that could be an issue? Touch screens need skin to touch them not nail. Perhaps this is an issue?
    03-20-14 09:48 AM
    No the OS is fully up to date and this is nothing related to her. I have the same problem in her phone. I think the browser is just not as responsive.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 03:37 PM
    Anyone know why you can't click a phone number and dial from the browser??

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 08:50 PM
    Anyone know why you can't click a phone number and dial from the browser??

Posted via CB10
    Another one of those things that BlackBerry simply forgot to put it in bb10

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 08:52 PM
    Another one of those things that BlackBerry simply forgot to put it in bb10

Posted via CB10
    Ugh. I could have sworn I've clicked one a number and it worked before. Hmm weird. Maybe that was over a year ago on my 9900? Lol

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 08:54 PM
    As far as the phone number thing goes, yes dome numbers work others not. Depends on how the page developer scripted the numbers on the page. However iOS has a deeper functionality where it allows any series of numbers that looks like a phone number to be pulled from the page for the phone app.
    Hoping 10.3 has this feature.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-14 10:57 PM
    Gotta be precise with your touch.

Posted with X10 via CB10
    08-13-14 11:39 PM
    Hi guys,

My wife complains repeatedly that the blackberry browser on her Z10 is sometimes not responding to her clicks when she double taps on a hyper link or a button. Any ideas why this is happening? She is coming from iphone4 and so this may just be a comparative weakness between browsers.

The other issue is that she says pages often only load partly and she has to keep reloading before they finally load fully. Any one know why this is?

She is incredibly frustrated by this.

Posted via CB10
    Same happened to me...cleaned my screen with Zagg Gadget Cleaner (any good screen stuff should work) Phone way more responsive when oils are washed off...

Crackberry Genius on Verizon STL100-4 10.3.0.296/442
    08-14-14 03:53 AM
    I can totally relate to the problem, as I have the exact same issues.

Clicks not getting registered is IMHO a performance issue.
    It always happens when my Z10 is burning hot, with at least 4 active frames open and several tabs in the browser.
    I usually have to close the browser and reopen it, so that my clicks are getting registered like they should.
    Since I have no technical knowledge concerning these things, this obviously just a guess.

Not sure what causes the "endless loading bug".
    Under BBOS, I was certain that BIS and the NOC were the culprit, as I had massive problems with pages never fully loading.
    On the Z10 this is obviously much better, but it still happens more often than I would like...
    It happens when the cell coverage is good or bad, on 3g and wifi, so I couldn't single out any culprit related to the connectivity. It just randomly happens....

Oh and certain sites just crash the browser.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-14 04:49 AM