Short easy way needed to just and only transfer bookmarks from Classic to Passport ...

Gracias for any inputs!

Posted via CB10
    02-23-16 03:53 PM
    BlackBerry link is your friend
    02-23-16 04:07 PM
    Not so sure, have a Mac only and some stuff seems not working.... is there supposed to be an option for the browser in backup?

Posted via CB10
    02-23-16 04:16 PM
    As BB10 lacks the API giving access to browser bookmarks there is no export function available. BlackBerry Link is also weak in the selective restore realm, not to mention time consuming.

You may want to look into Bookmark Manager on BBW: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59934233

You're still stuck sharing the bookmarks into the app but is not quite as cumbersome as doing so entirely manual and will then allow you to get those bookmarks onto your passport.
    02-23-16 04:42 PM
    @semime

Tku, the app has no good latest review, do you use it, can you confirm file export is available?

What about this one?

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/27815615

Posted via CB10
    02-23-16 05:45 PM
    @semime

Tku, the app has no good latest review, do you use it, can you confirm file export is available?

What about this one?

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/27815615

Posted via CB10
    I have a Verizon Z30 running 10.3.2.556 and version 1.0.6.1 of the app Bookmark Pro installed. I use it every time I back up and restore my phone and yes, I can confirm that both the html export and import functions are available and reliable. The backup and restore functions of the app data itself has performed flawless for me as well. I have not had any issue with the app. I have no experience with the Sitebook app but appears to have similar function based on the description.

BTW, I have no affiliation with the app or its developer and make the recommendation based solely upon my experience with the app. I have no incentive to misrepresent it's elegance.
    BEEBEEBEEBEE likes this.
    02-23-16 07:52 PM
    @ Semime

Thanks again for you help and input! ... I bought both apps as I hoped to find an easy transfer of bookmarks from existing browser...

Well you can transfer or copy paste via share...but only one bookmark, one after the other.

So I'm doing this now and will keep the app for future bookmarks!

Posted via CB10
    semime likes this.
    02-24-16 04:52 PM
    @ Semime

Thanks again for you help and input! ... I bought both apps as I hoped to find an easy transfer of bookmarks from existing browser...

Well you can transfer or copy paste via share...but only one bookmark, one after the other.

So I'm doing this now and will keep the app for future bookmarks!

Posted via CB10
    You're welcome. Glad it worked out for you. Not the most direct, I know. Still, to me it's a nice work around given the constraints of the OS.
    02-24-16 06:05 PM