I'm running leaked 10.1.0.4687, but I don't know if this is specific to that OS. If so, I hope the post will be moved to that section.

So here's what just happened: I decided to set the browser to open a specific page when opened. What I'd really like is to be able to open to bookmarks, but that's not possible, so I thought I'd try google.com or something. I selected the "specific page" option in browser settings, and thought it was odd that I wasn't prompted to give a URL or anything. But I thought maybe that'll come next, but it didn't. I wasn't sure what to do, so I closed the browser. That, it seems was a mistake.

Now, when I open the browser, I get a blank page, with the URL/search field at the bottom, but when I put something in, the browser doesn't go to that page.I just get this:

Broke the browser (10.1.0.4687)-img_00000455.jpg

I can't open settings, history, bookmarks, or anything else from within the browser. If I go to an email and try to open a link from there, I get this same result, so there doesn't seem to be any way to trick the browser.

So...I have a sneaking suspicion I'm going to have to reload the OS and restore, which is a pain, so I thought I'd ask here first if anyone has any other suggestions.

As I say, I don't know if this is a problem specific to the leaked OS. I searched but didn't come up with anything.
    07-28-13 02:26 PM
    Try touching the icon in the bottom right corner. It should shift the bottom bar left to reveal the menu selection button

Posted via CB10
    07-28-13 04:02 PM
    Try touching the icon in the bottom right corner. It should shift the bottom bar left to reveal the menu selection button

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the reply.

Touching that icon does nothing at all.

I'm increasingly thinking this has to do with the leaked OS.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-13 04:10 PM
    Did you do security wipe or battery pull? Maybe that works. I am on 4687. And it rock. Could also side load browser of 10.2 you'll find it in forums
    07-28-13 04:20 PM
    Do a battery pull, I just checked on mine and works just fine.
    07-28-13 04:28 PM
    Do a battery pull, I just checked on mine and works just fine.
    I'll try a battery pull. I already tried multiple resets without success. If battery pull works, it'll add a data point to the ongoing debate about whether battery pulls are ever needed in BB10.

(A few minutes later...) Battery pull finished. Unsuccessful. Browser still broken.
    Ishutter2 likes this.
    07-28-13 04:46 PM
    A number of leak users have had minor issues. I had the problem where Google (specifically) would not load properly. Clearing the cache/data and history, then entering this in the address bar did the trick <google(dot)com/?t>.
    As this popped up after a couple of leaks, I saved this as a bookmark "browser fix". I now run it after each leak install as a preventative measure.
    Hope this helps.
    07-28-13 04:50 PM
    A number of leak users have had minor issues. I had the problem where Google (specifically) would not load properly. Clearing the cache/data and history, then entering this in the address bar did the trick <google(dot)com/?t>.
    As this popped up after a couple of leaks, I saved this as a bookmark "browser fix". I now run it after each leak install as a preventative measure.
    Hope this helps.
    I can't clear the browser cache or history because I can't do anything at all with the browser, not even bring up a menu.

I've just successfully sideloaded the 10.2 browser, which is numbered 10.1.0.326, and then did a reset, but it didn't fix the problem. This is very strange.

Edit: If I do a security wipe, I take it I'll be back to "factory" settings. Then if I restore from the backup I made on Friday, the browser should go back to its state as of then, right? If so, there should be no need to reload the OS.
    mikewpg1ca likes this.
    07-28-13 05:03 PM
    Rule of thumb: if you start having strange issues and you have a leaked OS, the OS is the first place to start. Put a different OS on it and see if that helps, or even try reloading the current OS. Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    07-28-13 05:16 PM
    Here's something interesting. If I press and hold the "tabs" button, the main part of the screen gets slightly lighter--dark charcoal gray instead of black--and the word "tabs" appears, as shown in the screenshot:

Broke the browser (10.1.0.4687)-img_00000456.jpg

If I hold the overflow button, something similar happens, except it says "more" instead of "tabs". It doesn't help me to solve the problem, but it's interesting.

I have the Evolution browser, so I'm not browserless. I'll probably try a security wipe in a little while, but for now I'm trying to see if there's any other way to do this. Since sideloading a new browser didn't fix it, I'm assuming that the actual browser setting to open to a specific page is the cause. I'm just surprised I haven't see others with broken browsers, if that's the case. I can't be the first one to try the option.
    07-28-13 05:21 PM
    Rule of thumb: if you start having strange issues and you have a leaked OS, the OS is the first place to start. Put a different OS on it and see if that helps, or even try reloading the current OS. Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    Yup. I'm doing a security wipe now, after which I'll see if the browser works. The security wipe should get rid of all settings, history, cache, and anything else that might have caused the break. The browser was working fine until I tried to change the home page behavior. If it's still broken after the security wipe....that'll be very strange indeed, but I'll go ahead and reload the OS. If that fails, I guess we're looking at a hardware issue, but that seems very hard to believe at this point. I'm fairly confident that it'll work after the security wipe.

I wonder if anyone else has been able to use the option to set a home page in the browser without breaking anything.
    07-28-13 05:38 PM
    Update: After security wipe the browser works again, as expected. Restoring data now, and all should be well. Thanks to all for the suggestions.
    07-28-13 06:40 PM
    Here's something interesting. If I press and hold the "tabs" button, the main part of the screen gets slightly lighter--dark charcoal gray instead of black--and the word "tabs" appears, as shown in the screenshot:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000456.jpg 
Views:	1128 
Size:	12.6 KB 
ID:	186741

If I hold the overflow button, something similar happens, except it says "more" instead of "tabs". It doesn't help me to solve the problem, but it's interesting.

I have the Evolution browser, so I'm not browserless. I'll probably try a security wipe in a little while, but for now I'm trying to see if there's any other way to do this. Since sideloading a new browser didn't fix it, I'm assuming that the actual browser setting to open to a specific page is the cause. I'm just surprised I haven't see others with broken browsers, if that's the case. I can't be the first one to try the option.
    Hi there,

I am having the exact same issues since this past weekend. The browser stopped working, the same black screen, unable to access the settings nor the tabs. Everything just like you have explained that happened to you has happened to me.

Sorry I don�t have a solution. To the contrary I hoped there was one here (BEFORE DOING A WIPE AND RESTORE TO FACTORY WHICH I DONT WANT).

All of this started to happened after I had cleared the cache, cookies and history from the browser. So strange that is messing this up, I always do this.

Please if there are any solutions other than the wipe please do give it. I�desperate.

NOTE: I DO NOT HAVE ANY LEAKED OS INSTALLED. IM NOT MUCH INTO THE SIDELOADING.

Im new in the community, how to I start a thread of my own???? sorry I know its a stupid question but I dont see the option. Many thanks.
    07-29-13 07:06 PM
    Ok i am experiencing similar problem of the sudden!!!! Browser opens and works great but I am unable to access the bottom right button. I press and nothing happens. The left side menu opens but won't allow anything to be clicked history/bookmarks.

I have tried battery pull/ multiples restarts and still same thing! Wtf it was working perfect since march. Very weird.

Help

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 10:43 AM
    Hey guys

I'm still having that issue of the browser. Please help. The las update came up and I thought that would fix the problem but not.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 06:43 PM
    [thread moved and title updated]
    07-31-13 06:50 PM
    Anyone that can help? This is really frustrating.
    08-01-13 05:43 PM
    I'll try a battery pull. I already tried multiple resets without success. If battery pull works, it'll add a data point to the ongoing debate about whether battery pulls are ever needed in BB10.

(A few minutes later...) Battery pull finished. Unsuccessful. Browser still broken.
    Have you tried shutting down location services? This was an issue that has been encountered before, and google was a notorious victim, trying to retrieve location information from the device it would cause the browser to cease, it's worth a shot if you haven't already tried...
    08-01-13 05:57 PM
    I too have had this problem, none of the browser buttons work. I've tried everything under the sun, doesn't work. Looks like it's time to wipe in clean, what a PITA! BlackBerry really needs to get their act together with these bugs with no fixes other than wiping the device, that is not a fix IMO, due to the time and effort involved in getting it back to where it was. Rant over.

I'm not using 10.1.0.4687, I've still using 10.1.0.283.
    08-01-13 10:00 PM
    I too have had this problem, none of the browser buttons work. I've tried everything under the sun, doesn't work. Looks like it's time to wipe in clean, what a PITA! BlackBerry really needs to get their act together with these bugs with no fixes other than wiping the device, that is not a fix IMO, due to the time and effort involved in getting it back to where it was. Rant over.

I'm not using 10.1.0.4687, I've still using 10.1.0.283.
    Does everything include turning off location services??
    08-01-13 10:09 PM
    Recently sometimes I see same problem with browser on 10.1.0.1720, 2354, 4537 and 4543(on my Q10). So this is old BBRY bug and they don't fix it on 10.1 i think...
    So I found 1 solution for permanently fix this issue without Secutity wipe and reload OS. Just Install Browser .bar from 10.2 and reboot phone. For example 10.2.0.18 work fine for me.
    08-02-13 03:49 AM
    Yup, well does now. Although prior to my post I had tried putting it in airplane mode, which I think kills the location services. But either way I just turned them off and tried rebooting and what not and still not working.

Of interest is if I click on a hyperlink in a email, the browser will fire up and load the page! However, I still don't have access to the browser menu from there so I can't delete the cache. Further while I can type in the URL field, it won't load anything I try.

Although I was thinking and I don't know, does BlackBerry store it's browser cache the same as say Windows Internet Explorer? Whereby if u want would can go in and look at it within a folder structure and delete it from there if needed.

Because what this Z10 Is missing is an alternate was to access and dump the browser cache and history.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-13 03:51 AM
    Igoran69, thanks I'll try that.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-13 03:54 AM
    Although prior to my post I had tried putting it in airplane mode, which I think kills the location services.
    This is 100% wrong...
    mikewpg1ca likes this.
    08-02-13 11:33 AM
    I turned off the location services. No luck. I don think in this case has anything to do with that simply because the browser just doesn't do anything. Opens up, black screen, click on the buttons, nothing comes up, completely dead. I'll try loading the .bar file like someone suggested, although I don know how to do this. Thanks for everything.

Anyone that comes up with a solution please do provide it.

Regards

Posted via CB10
    08-03-13 12:13 AM
37 12