In the interests of helping the BB10 development team bring BB10 to feature parity with BBOS, I thought it would be helpful for every "Moment of Delight" that BBOS had that is missing in BB10 were put down in a list, and then CrackBerry Nation could "Like" their favourites to help BlackBerry 10 developers prioritize what gets reintroduced. They may in fact be surprised which ones get the highest votes.

Post your favourite MoD, put in a bit of a description if you're not sure that all BlackBerry 10 users would understand, and perhaps even reminisce a bit about the good old days of BBOS and how that feature was helpful to you.

Not to belabor the point about hardware buttons and the TrackPad, but yes, if your MoD was based on the presence of hardware buttons or the TrackPad, put it in here, so it can be included. You can't add the accurate one-handed text selection / cut / copy / paste feature back into BB10 without a TrackPad, but knowing how many people are missing it would be helpful to the New BlackBerry, I think.

Come back to this thread often and be sure to add your "Likes" to the new posts (so that the first posts don't get a disproportionate number of "likes")

I'll try to update the second post in the topic with a sort of running total on which MoDs have the most votes (with links to the post that describes it).

And, lastly, if you aren't a big fan of a particular moment of delight (cough TrackPad cough) it's really not helpful to slag the idea... just don't "Like" it and move on. Let's think positively here and let the numbers speak for themselves.
    10-09-13 01:45 PM
    reserved for stats
    10-09-13 01:45 PM
    I miss one-handed operation of the device, including text selection / cut / copy / paste.

I don't see the point of buying a Q10 with a keyboard but no hard buttons or TrackPad: my Z10 with larger screen and great on-screen keyboard is better for me than the Q10... but a Q10 with hardbuttons / TrackPad MIGHT get me to purchase another BlackBerry 10 device. BlackBerry can't make any more money off me until there's either a compelling version of BB10 (11?) that isn't backward compatible with the Z10, or there is a compelling NEW hardware device that really truly brings back the fully one-handed operation of the BBOS devices.

Am I the only person that holds a coffee in one hand while I use my smartphone and want to be able to do things without having to clutch my coffee between my arm and body (at risk of crushing the paper cup and popping off the lid. Lovely) or put it down when I'm on the subway? No, I don't think so.
    CMcRob likes this.
    10-09-13 01:49 PM