Such a fine app it was for the legacy devices, and as we all know, unfortunately cloud sync of calendars texts etc. , was totally removed in the version that bb10 uses.
    Hope to see these original functionalities return in any update.
    Is there Any possibility?

Via The Monster Z30
    02-18-14 06:00 AM
    Such a fine app it was for the legacy devices, and as we all know, unfortunately cloud sync of calendars texts etc. , was totally removed in the version that bb10 uses.
    Hope to see these original functionalities return in any update.
    Is there Any possibility?

Via The Monster Z30
    Settings - Blackberry Protect
    02-18-14 06:09 AM
    yeah I know protect is available for 10 as well but I was mentioning about the cloud backup for calendar and text and etc which was present in the app for devices before bb10 while we are left with theft protection only

Via The Monster Z30
    02-18-14 06:49 AM
    You can use Fire Chest Backup for Calendar, Camera, Contacts, Documents, Downloads, and Remember. "BlackBerry Protect is designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone and keep the information on it save & secure."
    02-18-14 07:03 AM
    Exactly, why they didn't do it!! No one would want an external app to do the things. It's really sad they are not wanting to hear the user's

Via The Monster Z30
    02-18-14 11:24 AM
    I was really happy when BBRY listened and provided backup to Password Keeper! And I'm OK with using Fire Chest/Box. And I like knowing that if I ever lose my device, BlackBerry Protect is there to deal with that!
    02-18-14 11:55 AM
    Exactly, why they didn't do it!! No one would want an external app to do the things. It's really sad they are not wanting to hear the user's

Via The Monster Z30
    I think another reason is most backups on BlackBerry 10 devices are easily over 1GB each.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-14 11:56 AM
    But that's not true when they support to calendar texts or contacts. Hardly any memory, like what they support for legacy

Via The Monster Z30
    02-18-14 12:07 PM
    What happened to "laser focused" and "mobile computing". I don't hear much of that anymore since Thor left but I sure would like to see some massive upgrades all around the BlackBerry eco-system.

Keep The Faith ? BlackBerry Q10 ?
    02-18-14 12:15 PM
    I think another reason is most backups on BlackBerry 10 devices are easily over 1GB each.

Posted via CB10
    But why? It should only backs up text messages, calendar entries, contacts, browser bookmarks and memos... just like it did before, I remember back ups where around 700 kbs to 1 mb in size...

Posted via CB10 on my Z10STL100-10.2.1.1925
    02-18-14 12:18 PM
    But why? It should only backs up text messages, calendar entries, contacts, browser bookmarks and memos... just like it did before, I remember back ups where around 700 kbs to 1 mb in size...

App Data. Everyone fills their phones up with 3rd party stuff. I would still love to have a full backup option though. What I don't get is we have the option to restore? So where is it it getting the restore data from? And if the other "fruit" can do it why not BlackBerry!!

Posted via CB10
    02-18-14 12:27 PM
    App Data. Everyone fills their phones up with 3rd party stuff. I would still love to have a full backup option though. What I don't get is we have the option to restore? So where is it it getting the restore data from? And if the other "fruit" can do it why not BlackBerry!!

Posted via CB10
    Atleast what we all want is the original BlackBerry Protect, which will serve us good, and for app data and stuff we do have box and similar apps.
    And the restore from option, I belive it will restore the last things got backed up from your previous BlackBerry

Via The Monster Z30
    02-18-14 12:51 PM
    The reality is that now a days most people have email accounts that handle the backup of their contacts and calendars. If you have ActiveSync, BES10, a Hotmail account, or a Google account the backup would be redundant. Probably not what you want to hear, but it's the reality of where we are heading. Eventually, and inevitably, everyone will have an email account that does this.
    02-18-14 01:00 PM
    The reality is that now a days most people have email accounts that handle the backup of their contacts and calendars. If you have ActiveSync, BES10, a Hotmail account, or a Google account the backup would be redundant. Probably not what you want to hear, but it's the reality of where we are heading. Eventually, and inevitably, everyone will have an email account that does this.
    Some of it is useful and practical but I don't want Google or Microsoft to have my wifi setting, passwords , text history, personal calendar dates, bookmarks etc.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-14 01:31 PM
    Some of it is useful and practical but I don't want Google or Microsoft to have my wifi setting, passwords , text history, personal calendar dates, bookmarks etc.

Posted via CB10
    I understand and agree, but I'll bet you a dollar Google already has it.
    02-18-14 01:43 PM
    Correct when we use an android but for a BlackBerry, doesn't seem right

And yes not wanting Google to have such data!

Via The Monster Z30
    02-18-14 01:55 PM
    The point of that is when I upgrade or reload my os I can get going without having to wait for a restore from the laptop, if I have my contacts, calendar entries, texts and memos I'm good to go until I can settle and do or not do the full restore ... at least you won't feel lost like when you have a fresh os install...

02-19-14 01:06 AM
    The point of that is when I upgrade or reload my os I can get going without having to wait for a restore from the laptop, if I have my contacts, calendar entries, texts and memos I'm good to go until I can settle and do or not do the full restore ... at least you won't feel lost like when you have a fresh os install...

That's exactly what I'm saying as well
    Really optimistic

Via The Monster Z30
    02-19-14 11:56 AM
    I understand and agree, but I'll bet you a dollar Google already has it.
    They might have this month's passwords but I change mine every month. I also doubt they have access to my aes-serpent two-fish encrypted NAS.

Posted via CB10
    rusty502 likes this.
    02-19-14 12:21 PM
    It was a great product

Posted via CB10
    02-19-14 02:11 PM
    Just wanting to know, if Protect is revived on BB10 devices just like the way it worked on legacy devices?
    05-31-15 01:38 PM
    Somebody suggested it during the Classic feedback program they had ( not sure about the name of the event) and unfortunately Mr Clewley replied that they had no such plans for the time being which is sad. They should absolutely bring all those features back. Would also like to see backup on SD card option return.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-15 01:54 PM