So was thinking of how BBRY may upgrade bridge in the future and here's some suggestions I think might stand a fighting chance :

Obviously core bridge apps from BB7, Native BBM, etc.

But how about a 2 way bridge?

Imagine using your PB to control your Z10. Bigger keyboard and even the possibility to add a track pad above the keyboard.

Push files directly from tablet to phone and vice versa. I'm not referring to the "View on PlayBook" option that currently exists but an actual copy of device media.

I'm sure there's more everyone can think of.

Posted Via CB10 on my Z10
    03-18-13 07:36 PM
    I attempted to start this same thread a few days ago. There was no response. I would love to be able to control my phone with my PlayBook especially via remote for watching Netflix and other applications that have on the phone that are not on my PB. Also would be nice to use the PB as a controller for games while plugged into HDMI through my TV.

CB10 App, Z10
    03-18-13 08:01 PM
    I'm not sure that there would be much reason to use your PlayBook as a remote for your phone. The only reason to use the smaller screen of the phone is if it would be a hassle to use the larger device (PlayBook). If you're able to use your PlayBook then why are you looking at stuff on your phone instead? I would love the ability to transfer files back and forth. I currently do that with Files and Folders on my PlayBook, but as far as I know there is no way to transfer files using the phone.
    Edit: the post above me gives some legitimate uses for controlling the phone with the PlayBook, so I will concede that there are practical uses, but I'm still not sure that there are enough to justify development of this feature.

Also, why do people insist on using the stock ticker as the company name? The company (and product) is BlackBerry, BBRY should only be used in the context of the stock price. BBRY went up at some point. BlackBerry released a mobile computing platform.
    03-18-13 08:02 PM
    To justify the use of BBRY its easier to type than the full company name. I find myself using BB, BBRY and BlackBerry interchangibly.

To add to the use of using the PB to control the phone imagine a scenario where your Z10 is docked and wish to control it from a distance.

I actually hacked together a make shift Multimedia dock and find myself wishing I could control my phone while it charges and outputs via HDMI

If the Z10 supported the PB keyboard I'd be using that.

Posted Via CB10 on my Z10
    03-18-13 08:54 PM
    Fair enough points, I guess it is fair to just find it easier to type BBRY, but if you have a Z10 then it will automatically change bb to BlackBerry, but back on topic...

When you have your phone on your dock and want to control it with your PlayBook, may I ask why you aren't just plugging your PlayBook into the HDMI cable and control it with your phone? Is it just that you're using apps that aren't available on your PlayBook, in which case wouldn't it be better for BlackBerry to work on getting the apps on PlayBook rather than a whole new controlling feature of bridge? Or is it just that your phone needs to be charged, so you're putting it on the dock to charge?

It's fairly late at night right now, so I would like to apologize in advance if any disagreement I have comes across as snarky and rude. I swear that I don't intend to come across as such.
    03-18-13 09:17 PM
    I would like to see a the ability to control multiple b10 devices simultaneously, ie use a playbook or z10 in dash of my truck to control the two PlayBooks I would mount in the headrests for my kids to watch or read....

I would also like to see and image of the screen on the remote control (if all was connected over wifi).

I would also like to use a playbook as a speakerphone for the z10

Along with all the features we already had with the bbos devices bridged to the playbook....

Posted via CB10
    03-18-13 10:05 PM
    Used to wish they'd support bridge from legacy qwerty to z10.

Then my legacy died so nvm

Posted via CB10
    03-19-13 05:10 AM